Exploitative strategies

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 21st September 2014, 20:06

Exploitative strategies

I just found a strategy that I've never thought of before that feels almost like cheating:

Using polymorph wands on worms to get OOD monsters worth a ton of exp. Because I'm a Gargoyle Wizard, I've been able to meph cloud to death a big kobold, raven, brain worm, and fire drake on D2 and am already level 7.

Has anyone else had that "ah ha!" moment?
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 21st September 2014, 20:44

Re: Exploitative strategies

Until it was patched, telling summons to move to the map border would cause a crash. Crashing crawl rewinds time to the last save/level change. The presence of one sentient ally was sufficient for god mode.

For this message the author brendan has received thanks:
scorpionwarrior

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 22nd September 2014, 14:43

Re: Exploitative strategies

TeshiAlair wrote:I just found a strategy that I've never thought of before that feels almost like cheating:

Using polymorph wands on worms to get OOD monsters worth a ton of exp. Because I'm a Gargoyle Wizard, I've been able to meph cloud to death a big kobold, raven, brain worm, and fire drake on D2 and am already level 7.

Has anyone else had that "ah ha!" moment?

I've tried this before. I usually end up just making things worse and having to dive a floor. :)

I don't know if this counts as 'exploitative' but (only) learning OoD + Spellforged Servitor + Haste makes for some absolute insanity.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner