Rejected Gods: the lesser pantheon

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 14:58

Rejected Gods: the lesser pantheon

Yag the Yakkity – God of Yaktaurs

Appreciates
-training Crossbows skill, and making kills with a crossbow
-saxophones
-traveling in a pack
-bellowing

Depreciates
-Talking back
-eating yak, death yak or yaktaur flesh (excommunication)

Abilities
***... Gain Herd - enslaves all yaks/death yaks in sight. Success based on piety and invocations
****.. Convert Herd – PASSIVE: if you kill a yaktaur captain, all regular yaktaurs in LOS become friendly as long as there are no yaktaur captains in LOS.

Brosephina – Goddess of Egotistical Bros. The hottest chick ever. True bros worship her, and want to be her, uh, I mean do her.

Appreciates:
-quaffing potions of confusion, poison, might, berserk rage, or mutation
-eating to the point of being engorged
-scoring
-manliness, bro

Depreciates
-running from uniques
-considering the fact that some women may not find you attractive. Some men might not, either.
-playing as Hill Orcs (Bros before HO's, dude)

Abilities
***... - Brotastic Seduction – makes target enslaved temporarily. Should only be used on hot, human-ish females. Only has a worthwhile success rate on desperate targets. Should never be used on grenades like Josephine or Erolcha, unless there's been a serious drought, man. Shouldn't be used on Fannar or Norris either, unless you're a little drunk and nobody you know is around. Don't even think of using it on Natasha, or sheep. Seriously bro, don't think about it. Stop right now. Bra, you're STILL thinking about it, I can see it in your eyes! That's just gross, bro.

Vii Gia – Goddess of Annoyingly Righteous Evangelistic Vegans

Appreciates
-eating fruit that tastes bad, like snozcumbers
-being “Very Hungry” or "Near Starving"
-killing intelligent carnivores like Trolls and Kobolds

Depreciates
-eating meat, drinking blood (immediate excommunication)
-eating cheese or royal jellies (those killer bees worked hard to make it for their larvae)
-butchering corpses
-wearing animal skins or dragon hides
-killing animals (yes, dragons, hydras, hellephants and orb spiders all count!)

Abilities
*.... Open Minded Pallet - allows carnivorous species to "just try" fruit, bread, and potions of porridge. At first these offer little nutrition, but nutrition increases with piety, kind of like chunks with an amulet of the gourmand
**.... Vegan Preaching – just like Zin's Recite, except all it does is enrage speaking (though I wouldn't say intelligent) enemies to berserk status. Has higher success rate on stupider creatures
***... Convert to Veganism - if you can get an intelligent monster to convert, you gain tons of piety and temporary 3 aut invincibility from divine self-righteousness. Using this ability costs one fruit to offer it to them, success based on piety, invocations, and the target's attitude. Note that this does not necessarily make the target friendly or pacified, but has a small % chance to do so, greater chance if the target is a hungry troll and you actually converted it.

Other Flavor
Any food or potions you buy from a shop will be three times as expensive as normal.
Will not accept any PCs who started with the Hunter background.
Will accept vampires, felids, kobolds and trolls, but will excommunicate them as soon as they eat meat or drink blood

Anon – Evil God of Trolls
Only accepts trolls as worshipers

Appreciates
-berating other players in your chat box when you play online. Greatly appreciates insults using the word “noob” or any offensive, off-color slurs
-complaining on forums
-spending 10+ hours straight playing online

Depreciates
-having friends (summoning or enslaving included), respecting others
-playing offline
-having an intelligence score greater than 6
-grammar, spelling, etiquette of any kind

Abilities
Guaranteed to gift you the Shield of Ignorance, and unrandart hat “Mask of Anonyminity” (yes, it's spelled incorrectly)

Baron Ewegloo – Short for long title Ayeammai Douta Rubb, Baron Ewermay Douta Gloo

Appreciates
-equipping shields of reflection
-throwing rocks right back at enemies who throw rocks at you, or throwing any identical weapon back at whatever got thrown at you
-casting the exact same spell on a foe who just cast a spell on you

Depreciates
-maturity, growing up (which means earning XP)
-poo-poo heads (excommunicates them)

Abilities
*..... Insult Immunity – any time Donald, Player Ghosts, an Imp, or anything else in the dungeon insults you, that insult bounces off of you and then sticks to them

****** - Insult Invincibility – any monster who insults you is immediately smitten for 4d50 damage

Additional Flavor -
Arch-nemesis of Anon. Will not allow followers of Anon to convert.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 21:25

Re: Rejected Gods: the lesser pantheon

Wow this is fucking terrible.
I even got my hopes up after the yak god and then christ.

For this message the author dck has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Lasty

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 03:14

dck wrote:Wow this is fucking terrible.
I even got my hopes up after the yak god and then christ.

Lets not scare away the new people so quickly ok Dck?

(I'm going to have to agree with you though, you sort of said what everyone was thinking)
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 17:59

It's pretty clearly intended as comedy. If you don't think it's funny, fine, but they aren't terrible jokes. I think Anon would have quite a few followers around these parts, lighten up ;)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 18:19

Wait, so Vii Gia wants me to kill Trolls, but I can't butcher them to obtain and/or wear their hides? UNACCEPTABLE.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 18:34

tasonir wrote:It's pretty clearly intended as comedy. If you don't think it's funny, fine, but they aren't terrible jokes. I think Anon would have quite a few followers around these parts, lighten up ;)

Most of these "jokes" are just tired stereotypes.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 18:56

Yeah, you'd like to think that we had moved beyond caricatures of blowhard vegetarians and stereotypes about how all yaks love saxophones, but here we are. Thanks a lot, Tavern.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 19:58

Trolls for the troll god!
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 21:06

and into wrote:Yeah, you'd like to think that we had moved beyond caricatures of blowhard vegetarians and stereotypes about how all yaks love saxophones, but here we are. Thanks a lot, Tavern.

You're welcome.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner