Zig Sprint high score

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 03:13

Zig Sprint high score

I've been wondering how chorus was able to get such a high score in zig sprint (trunk). My guess is that he was able to sit at the end holding the orb of zot for an indefinite amount of time killing orb spawns, given that Dj don't need to eat.

I beat the sprint with a mummy in order to attempt the same, but spawns eventually stopped appearing after a while. Maybe the spawning behavior has changed since chorus got his score...in this case it seems like that high score would be untouchable.

I wonder if anyone has any information about this?

Code:
Best Crawlers - Dungeon Sprint
  1.  861778 chorus     DjAr-27 escaped with the Orb!
  2.  596512 mdk        DDAr-21 escaped with the Orb!
  3.  594278 Sonny      HOFi-22 escaped with the Orb!
  4.  576400 Banquo     NaMo-22 escaped with the Orb!
  5.  576372 Xen        MuMo-21 escaped with the Orb!
Last edited by xentronium on Monday, 18th August 2014, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Comborobin Admin

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 04:48

Re: Zig Spring high score

Yea
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 18:55

What server was it on? Look up the morgue file, and you should be able to figure out what he did.

However, without looking at it, it almost certainly wasn't killing monsters indefinitely. Score is based on three things: runes, time, and experience. In that order. Only, if I was giving them a ballpark percentage of how much they matter for your score, it would be something like 70% runes, 29% time, and 1% experience. It is really impossible to ever get more points from killing things than the time it takes you to kill those things. There's also a cap on how many points you can get from experience, and even way before you hit the cap, it starts to get diminishing returns. Crawl is highly opposed to scumming, and it hasn't ever worked to my knowledge except for one time: http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.9/xom ... 165025.txt. There was a bug where you could dupe maurice and clone his inventory to copy everything he held - and he would steal your things, so you could feed him anything. Aside from that, scumming will never net you more points.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 19:17

That was almost certainly obtained by abusing Experience cards. The character is a Djinni, which were removed before the Nemelex revamp that ruined cardscumming.

1) Sacrifice all of the very valuable junk in the starting room for lots of decks [no more item sacrifices]
2) Get Wonders as your leading deck type [no more control over deck gifts]
3) Blind draw everything at empty air for extra piety [no more piety from blind draws]
4) Get a ridiculous amount of decks of Wonders thanks to Sprint piety
5) Draw every card looking for Experience cards [no more of this card anymore]

With Sprint piety boosts, blind drawing cards would give you back almost as many as you used. You could do something like use 10 decks and get 9 back. Of course, this guide forgets the very important last step.

6) Get killed 99% of the time you tried this thanks to the Wild Magic card.

For this message the author magicpoints has received thanks:
xentronium

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 19:56

tasonir wrote:However, without looking at it, it almost certainly wasn't killing monsters indefinitely. Score is based on three things: runes, time, and experience. In that order. Only, if I was giving them a ballpark percentage of how much they matter for your score, it would be something like 70% runes, 29% time, and 1% experience. It is really impossible to ever get more points from killing things than the time it takes you to kill those things. There's also a cap on how many points you can get from experience, and even way before you hit the cap, it starts to get diminishing returns. Crawl is highly opposed to scumming, and it hasn't ever worked to my knowledge except for one time: http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.9/xom ... 165025.txt. There was a bug where you could dupe maurice and clone his inventory to copy everything he held - and he would steal your things, so you could feed him anything. Aside from that, scumming will never net you more points.

Yeah, in normal crawl scumming won't get you anywhere.
But in zig sprint, red sonja, and fedhas sprint there are no runes, which means that the only thing which affects your score is gold and experience. In these sprints you need to scum orb spawns to get a high score.

In meatsprint you get 100000 points/turn, so you get a high score from surviving a long time (which involves carving up the walls and hiding for as long as you can).
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 22:00

Re: Zig Sprint high score

Yeah, I probably should have added the caveat that I'm talking about the main game, and that sprint has a bunch of multipliers I'm not that familiar with. Anyone have a link to the morgue?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 18th August 2014, 23:48

xentronium wrote:In meatsprint you get 100000 points/turn, so you get a high score from surviving a long time (which involves carving up the walls and hiding for as long as you can).

Not anymore! Viles now know dig, so as soon as they start spawning they'll unearth you (there's some code for casting dig that doesn't require the monster to know where you are, or something like that) and now you have to fight again.
You have to be really clever to survive a long time in Meatsprint now.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 01:23

Re: Zig Sprint high score

Do you think viles have the same AI as deep troll earth mages? Do those have a way to sense you also?
Comborobin Admin

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner