Scroll of Immolation

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 01:16

Scroll of Immolation

This has got to be easily the most powerful item in the game, when used optimally. I used one today upon first entering Vaults:5, then cast mephitic clouds all around to get them confused, then poked a few to get them low HP, then controlled blinked to LOS, then targeted the weakest link with an Iron Shot, and then just sat back pressing the spacebar for about a minute of "more" prompts watching the fireworks.

I wish you could playback games in webtiles, because I can't imagine console delivering the same impact for this event. It's an incendiary bomb of fire and chunks of flesh, exploding bodies, and flaming carnage, an inferno of death, a conflagration of gore, and when it's finished, it's still not over, as the entire field burns with flame and strewn chunks. It is absolutely the most spectacular tool available in this game. Seriously amazing to watch. An H.F.S. moment, if you've never seen it, for sure.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 01:48

Re: Scroll of Immolation

back in the days of the forest, I cleared a shitton of spriggans and the enchantress with a combination of lightning bolts to the trees, ?immo, and demonspawn with ignite blood (damn I love that facet). the spriggans burned with they beloved trees, exploded, then their blood catched fire, while I moved freely through the fire and flames, smashing the survivors with my Eveningstar. when I reached the enchantress, everything she loved and tried to protect was ashes and dust. death came as a relief to her, a relief I brought with deviant glee. :twisted:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 02:19

TRJ's pack is probably a good immolation target

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 02:53

I let TRJ live this time, just in case. Confirmed that LRD does take out the chamber walls for looting. :)

Patashu, what would be the link if I wanted to watch that sequence as a console replay? I'm curious what it would look like. There really is nothing else like it in the game, at least in tiles. Firestorm is a puff of smoke, by comparison.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 02:56

Patashu wrote:TRJ's pack is probably a good immolation target

tested & confirmed

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 04:16

Aule wrote:Patashu, what would be the link if I wanted to watch that sequence as a console replay? I'm curious what it would look like. There really is nothing else like it in the game, at least in tiles. Firestorm is a puff of smoke, by comparison.

Come into ##crawl and message me there. It would be easier to explain how to do it there than do it here.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 05:43

Saw this thread, and made this happen with my current Evocazerker, just for you!

For this message the author cerealjynx has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 15:08

What if it just [s]immolates[/s] inner flames one random target rather than everything in view?

I'm an advocate for Evocations Skill enhancing the power of scrolls; what if the higher level of Evo you had, the more chance things in view would get affected?
Last edited by XuaXua on Monday, 28th July 2014, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 15:26

Indeed, what if it was completely useless and boring instead of mostly useless and fun?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 16:12

XuaXua wrote:What if it just immolates one random target rather than everything in view?

I'm an advocate for Evocations Skill enhancing the power of scrolls; what if the higher level of Evo you had, the more chance things in view would get affected?

You're being tongue-in-cheeky, right?

Anyway, it doesn't actually immolate anything on its own. All it appears to really do is affix Inner Flame on every visible monster at once. You (or they) have to do the killing, preferably while they're still grouped, not scattered. Scattered doesn't do much, and then the timer runs out and it's a dud (i.e, it randomly immolates one target). Also, getting stuck within the group before it detonates can easily result in the end of your character's life. I suppose that's why it's purple and doesn't autopickup by default.

But it is very entertaining in those situations where it can be useful. I wasn't suggesting it needs to be changed. I think it's a very well-done item.
Last edited by Aule on Monday, 28th July 2014, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 16:13

Aule wrote:
XuaXua wrote:What if it just immolates one random target rather than everything in view?

You're being tongue-in-cheeky, right?
you haven't gotten used to xuaxua yet have you

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
XuaXua

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 16:14

I admit I'm a little on the slow side.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th July 2014, 16:57

I know that feeling, I feel like Chei on pot around here. crawlers are too smart for me. :roll:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner