Crazy Yiuf**ker Idea

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 02:22

Crazy Yiuf**ker Idea

Instead of going for a win, now that I have my first character capable of winning, what if I went for a winning player ghost, instead? Too many unknowns, there. Is a ghost created if suicide? Will a legendary DEWZ ghost spawn wherever he dies, or are there restrictions? The leader of the ghost board (http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/gkills.html) is LogicNinja. He could be taken. Bwa-ha-ha... The only flaw with the idea is that the ghost dies if the player dies anywhere in the game, not only if the player kills the ghost. Oh, well.

That would be a riot to leave a legendary DEWz ghost with Fire Storm, Glaciate, and Lehudib's Crystal Spear lingering on, say, Lair:1. Surprise!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 02:42

Re: Crazy Yiuf**ker Idea

or you could just go fuck yourself, asshole. :lol:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 03:59

Comborobin Admin

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 04:30

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 05:00

Sar wrote:How to leave an annoying ghost
evilmike on Friday, 25th May 2012, 04:44 wrote:if you want to leave an insanely deadly ghost, the best thing to do is get a deep elf with fire storm, max level, and leave it on lair:1 or lair:2. Someone did this recently and it got something like 6 kills, which (to my knowledge) makes it one of the most deadly ghosts ever.

lol

Well, mine is on Zot:4, so have fun whomever with Fire Storm, LCS and Glaciate. :twisted:

(I really did not want it to happen. I was joking, really! :oops: )

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 05:05

xentronium wrote:Image

At least he was kind enough to go to Slime:1. :lol:

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 06:12

xentronium wrote:Image

LogicNinja has died 5 times in slime with ridiculously overpowered characters (-> ghosts). It's kind of dumb.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 06:53

I still prefer one of those than the annoying Draconian lvl 7+ on the early game. draining breath sucks cock.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 08:38

I remember some 60+ EV Te with meph and easily 180 hps in zot: 5.
The only thing that lacked was some ridiculous melee brand but wow it was awful.
And also 4tharra sticky flaming you every floor after 3.

For this message the author dck has received thanks:
nago

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 14:27

Patashu wrote:LogicNinja has died 5 times in slime with ridiculously overpowered characters (-> ghosts). It's kind of dumb.

Unintentional, even? Damn.

Well, keep an eye out for mine. I'd appreciate a screenshot like that. :)

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 19:59

Hirsch I wrote:I still prefer one of those than the annoying Draconian lvl 7+ on the early game. draining breath sucks cock.

Yeah I am not a fan of draining breath. :/

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 00:09

Aule wrote:
Patashu wrote:LogicNinja has died 5 times in slime with ridiculously overpowered characters (-> ghosts). It's kind of dumb.

You can actually run a query in ##crawl to see if your ghost has died yet or not. I think something like !lm * ghost=~Aule

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
Aule

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 00:39

Thanks.

<Sequell> 114. [2014-07-20 11:31:14] moritzmh the Cryomancer (L26 DsIE of Sif Muna) killed the ghost of Aule the Archmage, a legendary DEWz of Vehumet on turn 108898. (Zot:4)

Kinda makes me sad, in a way. <snif>

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 00:46

Patashu wrote:
Aule wrote:

You can actually run a query in ##crawl to see if your ghost has died yet or not. I think something like !lm * ghost=~Aule
This won't tell you if the ghost was destroyed by someone quitting or ending the game on another level, though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 18:11

Not too bad, I have the 181st place ghost, with 48 kills. My understanding is that if someone skips your ghost, and then goes and dies on another floor, that your ghost is still alive and can spawn in other player's games. I'd assume it might be unable to spawn until they finish that game? Not sure, it would be possible to lock a ghost in that case, but otherwise you'd be able to kill the same ghost multiple times. That wouldn't be too much of a problem, although it is a bit weird :)

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 21:05

If you mean http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/gkills.html, then it's the total of all your ghosts that got 48 kills, not a single one. As evilmike said, it's very uncommon for a ghost to get as much as 6 kills.

Also, your ghost file gets deleted the moment it's instantiated in some game, so
My understanding is that if someone skips your ghost, and then goes and dies on another floor, that your ghost is still alive and can spawn in other player's games
is wrong.

For this message the author stickyfingers has received thanks:
duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 22:33

So I'm 0 for 2? Score! In any case, thanks for the corrections. I guess I'm not rampaging through the servers then.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 21st July 2014, 23:47

stickyfingers wrote:If you mean http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/gkills.html, then it's the total of all your ghosts that got 48 kills, not a single one. As evilmike said, it's very uncommon for a ghost to get as much as 6 kills.

Also, your ghost file gets deleted the moment it's instantiated in some game, so
My understanding is that if someone skips your ghost, and then goes and dies on another floor, that your ghost is still alive and can spawn in other player's games
is wrong.

a funny fact: logicninja, the one who's ghosts have killed avis 11 times has also been killed by ghosts of avis 11 times. No one has lost to another person's ghost more (than 11 times) that I can tell, maybe someone else can try searching.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 03:42

I think I've gotten pretty good at taking out those buggers. It's been a while since one killed me or got away to continue roaming. How can I find a list of all the ghosts that all of my characters have killed?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner