Semi-useless post: remove rotten chunks

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 20:38

Semi-useless post: remove rotten chunks

I know chunks are probably going to be removed, but I don't find them annoying and genuinely like them in the game, so I'm going to ostrich and pretend I don't know the inevitable, and thus set seeds to derail this thread.

Anyway.

I don't get the point of rotten chunks. They clog the inventory, and have zero use (I dont think TA or simulacrum use chunks any more, could be wrong). Why can't chunks just rot to nothing immediately.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

For this message the author TeshiAlair has received thanks:
duvessa

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 21:10

Re: Semi-useless post: remove rotten chunks

TeshiAlair wrote:I know chunks are probably going to be removed, but I don't find them annoying and genuinely like them in the game, so I'm going to ostrich and pretend I don't know the inevitable, and thus set seeds to derail this thread.

Anyway.

I don't get the point of rotten chunks. They clog the inventory, and have zero use (I dont think TA or simulacrum use chunks any more, could be wrong). Why can't chunks just rot to nothing immediately.

Orcs and Ogres like Rotten Chunks.

Personally I don't understand, nor do I want to why removing the chunk system is happening. If it means less actual (as opposed to in theory if you know how to play optimally) work to stay "not very hungry" I am for it. If it means frustration because stuff doesn't work the way my intuition tells me it should then I am against it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 21:48

Hopeless wrote:Orcs and Ogres like Rotten Chunks.
Not anymore, in 0.15 only ghouls can eat rotten chunks.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 22:04

duvessa wrote:

Huh that must be a later commit than what I have downloaded. Thanks for the heads up.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 23:15

Other than the obvious problem with ghouls, I support the idea. Something could be changed with ghouls, either give them the same effects from normal chunks, let them eat corpses directly (the most metal option), etc.

Contaminated chunks (the brown ones) are already gone, now we can remove grey chunks too!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 02:17

I guess the ghoul thing is sortof flavourish but it's also really annoying and I don't think it's a good enough reason to keep rotten chunks in the game.

For this message the author Leafsnail has received thanks:
duvessa

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 19:54

I think we should get rid of green chunks too, or add in blue chunks which are electrified and need rElec to eat. If you think the latter sounds dumb you should probably agree with removing the former! Getting rid of red chunks seems obvious too since they really don't add anything and you never eat them.

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks:
duvessa

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 20:41

duvessa wrote:

Trolls too, but those are the only two.

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
duvessa

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 00:09

How about for Ghouls and Trolls we reverse the effect- eating a corpse raw gives a major food bump, holding some for later gives a smaller food bump.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 09:12

TeshiAlair wrote:I don't get the point of rotten chunks.

Sublimation of Blood is a very good and reliable level-2-spell to restore MP. It restores more MP than a staff of channeling, isn't as risky as a crystal ball and doesn't need as many XP as high invo skill with Sif Muna.

And yes, it works with all kind of chunks, even rotten ones.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 09:31

Turukano wrote:
TeshiAlair wrote:I don't get the point of rotten chunks.

Sublimation of Blood is a very good and reliable level-2-spell to restore MP. It restores more MP than a staff of channeling, isn't as risky as a crystal ball and doesn't need as many XP as high invo skill with Sif Muna.

And yes, it works with all kind of chunks, even rotten ones.

Eh, Sublim doesn't seem like an argument for rotten chunks.. or even any chunks. If we had to cast it over a corpse instead, that seems equally flavoursome and roughly equivalent tactically. (and wielding chunks is just kind of awkward, honestly)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner