Spectator Comment

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 00:49

Spectator Comment

I went afk, no spectators when I left, zero on return, but a message:

Summer game

Anyone have an idea what that means?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 01:05

Re: Spectator Comment

Aule wrote:I went afk, no spectators when I left, zero on return, but a message:

Summer game

Anyone have an idea what that means?

There are six letters in the first word and four in the second. 6 + 4 = 10, 1 + 0 = 1. One in classical symbology stands for both unity and power, a classic Illuminati sign. We have two words, and ten letters, in a message encoded based on numbers.

Numbers 2:10 wrote:On the south will be the divisions of the camp of Reuben under their standard. The leader of the people of Reuben is Elizur son of Shedeur.

Elizur Holyoke was a settler of Massachusetts, who married the duaghter of the founder of Springfield, Mary Holyoke (née Pynchon). Springfield is not just a town in Mass. however, it's also the fictional home of the long-running American animated comedy "The Simpsons". Mary Pynchon isn't the last to carry her name either, as reclusive writer Thomas Pynchon, author of classics like Gravity's Rainbow also shares it. What you've shown to us is that Thomas Pynchon is being held at gunpoint by the Illuminati to continue writing for FOX! Thank you OP!
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 14
and into, dck, Lasty, nicolae, Sar, Spectrina, tedric, TeshiAlair, Tiktacy, XuaXua and 4 more users

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 04:25

Lol
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 05:13

He may have been commenting on the season, and also making an (accurate, in my opinion) assessment of the entertainment medium to which Dungeon Crawl belongs.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 15:50

So it was a meanie comment. Thanks.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 17th July 2014, 22:06

Aule wrote:So it was a meanie comment. Thanks.

It may just have been a comment left in frustration because people were afk too often for his/her liking and so sarcastic comment to remedy said frustration. (My guess.) Also I found people will comment bomb often enough in online play that it isn't worth opening the chat menu imho. One reason I stopped playing online altogether.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 11:58

seriously? that never happened to me. every single person that commented on my games was helpful and funny and nice.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 12:13

Hirsch I wrote:every single person that commented on my games was helpful and funny and nice.

Same here (love you, ted).

I've also seen guest spectators coming in, not saying anything, and leaving after 2-3 minutes, not responding when I say "hello" :/

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 16:38

tompliss wrote:I've also seen guest spectators coming in, not saying anything, and leaving after 2-3 minutes, not responding when I say "hello" :/

When I first started seeing spectators in my game, I would always say hi, but most were anon and ignored me, so I just assumed they were using some kind of interface that didn't communicate with the Webtiles interface. (Benefit of doubt thing.)

When they are not anon, come in and leave while I'm afk, and leave a nice message or question for me, is there a way to send them a reply through Webtiles, or do I have to login to IRC?

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 17:51

Aule wrote:
tompliss wrote:I've also seen guest spectators coming in, not saying anything, and leaving after 2-3 minutes, not responding when I say "hello" :/

When I first started seeing spectators in my game, I would always say hi, but most were anon and ignored me, so I just assumed they were using some kind of interface that didn't communicate with the Webtiles interface. (Benefit of doubt thing.)

When they are not anon, come in and leave while I'm afk, and leave a nice message or question for me, is there a way to send them a reply through Webtiles, or do I have to login to IRC?

Sometimes I spectate Anon because I don't want to talk (because I am focused somewhere else) or because I forget to login.

For the most part, if you get a message from someone who then leaves, there is nothing you can do directly except find them in Webtiles. Not all online players use IRC (in fact, in my last tourney clan, I am the only one who goes to ##crawl).
Official Online Wins and Streaks
Experimental Wins: 1xImHu (Imps) 1xTrBe (chunkless)
Offline Wins: 2xTrCK 1xFeBe 1xHuWn 1xKoAr 1xMiFi

For this message the author nilsbloodaxe has received thanks:
Aule

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 19:58

I've played something like 6k games in seven years, and I only recall seeing spectators twice.

Maybe because I spend 99% of my time before lair.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 18th July 2014, 22:32

Well, talk about a nice spectator, one saved my XL25 DEWz from death at the hands of and Aule Horror, today. Hats off and a deep bow.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 02:57

deep bow is one of the new ranged weapons?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 03:32

I suppose it could be if one ate enough beans. :shock:

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 19th July 2014, 10:54

I will not post that gif. I will not.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 20th July 2014, 13:24

jejorda2 wrote:I've played something like 6k games in seven years, and I only recall seeing spectators twice.

Maybe because I spend 99% of my time before lair.
Noticed that people usually spectate the "end game" part of the game. Dont have many spectators when playing online, and dont mind if dudes are annonymous.
Zammy is nice guy, he spectated lots of my games, Im glad when he is around to give comments and advices.
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner