Invisibility too weak?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 14:52

Invisibility too weak?

For such a rare effect, with fairly considerable downsides, invisibility feels rather disappointing. You can still be hit fairly reliably, you can still be smited, which I just learned 5 seconds ago (yes I am butthurt) and the downsides are fairly severe.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 14:54

Re: Invisibility too weak?

If you are a stabber, invisibility allows you to kill the majority of the game with complete impunity. If anything, the spell is too strong, and this applies even more to invisibility rings. It's not amazing for non-stabbers but I don't think that's part of the spell's intended function.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks:
variouselite

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 14:59

Literally the only drawback invis has is that it stops working after a bit if you're also hasted. Also invis is in a non-trivial amount of cases a more desirable status effect than haste, knowing how desirable haste is it's quite simple to see why it's set up like that.

It is also much easier to obtain than haste (and in permanent form), and indeed is much more important a find to characters' development curve than say finding a stick of fast is.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 15:36

Yeah, reusable invis is definitely more useful, I guess I just rarely play stabbers so I don't get that joy :(
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd July 2014, 21:11

it's like agility that stacks with agility, even if you ignore the "lets you instakill 90% of the game" part

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner