do orbs of destruction trigger teleport traps?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 13th June 2014, 12:09

do orbs of destruction trigger teleport traps?

what about alarm traps?
what about battlespheres and fulminant prisms?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 13th June 2014, 12:13

Re: do orbs of destruction trigger teleport traps?

can an orb of destruction recognize itself in the mirror

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks: 2
archaeo, tedric

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 13th June 2014, 18:56

Code:
The orb of destruction looks at itself in the mirror.
The orb of destruction begins to contemplate the meaning of life.
Why has it always been so consumed with destruction and rage?
Is there not room for peace and love in life?
Why can it not slow down and appreciate life rather than barreling forward, looking only to cause pain?
Perhaps one day it will do what it wants to do with its life, rather than some other wizard's wishes.
The orb of destruction smiles upon its reflection one last time as it passes the mirror.
The orb of destruction hits a wall!
You hear a grinding sound.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Hirsch I

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 14th June 2014, 00:08

I did some quick wizmode tests. It seems that orbs of destruction do not interact with teleport or alarm traps, while battlespheres do. Placing a fulminant prism on an alarm trap does not activate the trap, and placing it on a teleport trap causes the spell to fizzle (it does not appear elsewhere on the level, as far as I can tell). Interestingly, battlesphere appears to fizzle in the same manner if casting it creates the battlesphere on top of a teleport trap,while a battlesphere moving onto a teleport trap teleports as usual.

I tried casting orb of destruction in the mirror-walled studio of Tukima. The orbs did not appear to behave any differently than usual, though I cannot determine whether this is due to their lack of self-recognition, inability to act on this awareness, or general apathy. I hope that they do not possess consciousness, as otherwise we might have to deal with rights activists for magical beings demanding the spell to be transferred to summonings.

For this message the author Category has received thanks: 4
Hirsch I, Patashu, Spectrina, tasonir

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 14th June 2014, 00:31

I like you, welcome to the tavern!
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
Category

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 14th June 2014, 00:55

Category wrote:I hope that they do not possess consciousness, as otherwise we might have to deal with rights activists for magical beings demanding the spell to be transferred to summonings.

It is a certainty that they do in fact possess consciousness, however, they lack any means of communication and cannot decelerate long enough to attempt other, more primitive means of communication such as gesturing. Their struggle to explain themselves to those around them is agonizing to an extreme degree; the one saving grace is that unlike Sisyphus, their torment is almost certainly a very short one.

I think I must be a repressed fiction writer at heart or something.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 14th June 2014, 01:02

If orb of destruction is murder, is drawing the Orb card genocide?

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 14th June 2014, 04:11

It's been a super long while but I seem to remember the magic steps needed to get an orbiting orb around some speed 10 smuck is start 2 up 3 right, shoot orb at smuck, move right, move down-left, move up-left, move down-left, move left. The area needed for the dance is around 10 high by 12 wide, with the monster around the middle.

I've never managed to get 2 orbs to have a stable orbit around a single monster. I've never managed to have a single orb with a stable orbit around a bat.

Those experiments have cost me many characters. I think the most damage i've ever eaten in a single ability was one of my own orbs doing ~135 damage to me (and chunking me), I think the second highest was when I was trying to get an ancient lich's orbs to orbit me. I messed up. I got chunked.

Hungerless orbs are perfect for digging tunnels that don't need to go in diagonals.

Destruction orbs can be used to detonate lightning orbs. And vice versa.

Back when I hated playing nemelex yet still did it, I once decided to make a test, teleport to a random location in the zot chamber. Rules were, don't move while blind drawing all legendary decks. It seemed like I was going to win, but then I drew the ~6 orbs card. I got chunked.

Back in the time of ice storm, it was possible to make a super combo that would bring any enemy except pan/hell bosses from 100% to 0% in 1 turn. The combo was cast orb at max range, on next turn, while orb in the air, cast delayed fireball at enemy, then cast ice storm at enemy, then orb would hit as well. Chunked.

Casting orb while in a tornado makes for some awesome effects. The best setup is cast a couple conjure flame, an ice cloud, a poison cloud, lightning balls, tornado, then orbs. This makes for so many pretty colors at once it soothes the soul.

Orbs will outdamage most other conjurations at most ranges.

Casting orbs while wearing battlepants, every once in a while the pants will choose to trade place with the orb. With luck, pants, haste, and running, it's possible to outrun an orb. Or get hit by it in the back. And get chunked.

The trick to hitting 95% of orbs is to step towards the cardinal direction (up, down, left or right) of the monster. For example, if i shoot an orb at a monster while 6 left and 4 up of it, and then don't move, then around 2/3 orbs will direct hit, 1/3 will miss. However, if after shoot I move down-left (if it won't move the monster out of sight) or just down (if it will), and do so every turn until we are on the same horizontal line, then almost all orbs will hit. Same works vertically.

Digging to setup a killing corridor makes hitting orbs easy.

Cast haste, cast orb at monster 7 right, cast cblink 7 right 1 up, cast cblink 4 right 1 down, cast orb at monster. Monster gonna get sandwiched by 2 orbs at once. And chunked.

Orbs?
Orbs.

For this message the author Baldu3 has received thanks: 4
and into, Category, Lasty, Patashu

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner