Your preferred Crawl deity, in RL

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 02:56

Your preferred Crawl deity, in RL

Here's a good discussion question! Which Crawl deity do you think you would follow in real life, to any degree?

By "follow", we can say anywhere between outright "worship", or something as small and simple as thanking him/her for stuff. Whichever applies to you, since we all interpret spirituality differently. And, we can include "synonomous worship" in this thread too, so if you follow Jesus in RL and want to count that as following Zin then go for it, it's up to you.

And, obviously none (or perhaps very few?? heheh) of us are armoured warriors or destructive wizards going on a quest through a dungeon for a magical treasure, so, if you want you can apply these Crawl deities to other things that are a part of real life. For example, someone going to college might figuratively hail Okawaru for the heroic prowess and finesse needed to pull an all-nighter for a difficult course and write up a research paper due the next day, or something.

I'll start, of course!

I would say I figuratively follow Fedhas more than any other deity. In real life I have a huge, practically reverant respect for nature and living things-- when I'm bicycling two miles to the Starbucks, I purposefully swerve to dodge ants, spiders, slugs, earthworms, any wildlife at all that I see on the sidewalk, because I don't want to destroy wildlife. Even if I see a big wolf spider in my bedroom, I won't hurt it, I'll put it gently in an empty Gatorade bottle and relocate it outside in the bushes. I think plants and insects and wildlife are the coolest things! Even things that people consider horrific, such as a snake swallowing a live mouse and digesting it, I have to watch in amazement the entire time, it's just amazing.

That, and my thoughts on death are sort of a Fedhas mentality too. When I die, my energy ought to be returned to the earth so that everything can come full circle. I think it's okay to die, and am not terrified of death like so many people around me are. I think birth is an indescribably amazing miracle too and the process of gestation fascinates me beyond possible description; I am a little sad that I wasn't born female just because I would so dearly love to experience creating and harboring and producing a brand new life out of nothing from inside me. Life is the coolest thing ever. Death is sort of like a facet of life though so I don't recoil away from it.

So there you go, in real life I most closely follow the traditions and mentalities of Fedhas, the plant goddess.

Anyone care to share which deity they most closely follow?
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

For this message the author SchwaWarrior has received thanks:
gammafunk

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 03:14

Re: Your preferred Crawl deity, in RL

minmay wrote:i had a dream that i was in a romantic relationship with sif muna and that vehumet was her sister and vehumet had a crush on me but i really hated her and so did sif so we decied to play a prank on vehumet where i pretended to break up with sif and approached vehumet but then i went zin instead and then i switched back to sif (no zin wrath) vehumet was crying at this point and sif and i thought it was hilarious it was a pretty good dream

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 04:05

A good question!
Speaking hypothetically of course
I would follow Vehumet or Sif Muna........No,Sif Muna for me!
I would get arcane spell books and channeling.Food won't be a problem.I will just invade some Walmart and lock myself up there and unleash my fire and ice storms on the world,all the while eating chips and diet hamburgers.When I have used all of the food stock,I will move on to the next Walmart,repeating the process.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 05:07

gorbeh wrote:A good question!
Speaking hypothetically of course
I would follow Vehumet or Sif Muna........No,Sif Muna for me!
I would get arcane spell books and channeling.Food won't be a problem.I will just invade some Walmart and lock myself up there and unleash my fire and ice storms on the world,all the while eating chips and diet hamburgers.When I have used all of the food stock,I will move on to the next Walmart,repeating the process.

What on earth is a diet hamburger and how do we kill/destroy it?? Sounds scary...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 05:14

well last night i broke a plate while washing the dishes so mahkleb i guess
Last edited by cerebovssquire on Thursday, 12th June 2014, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 5
gammafunk, Hirsch I, Lasty, SchwaWarrior, tedric

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 06:19

In real life I'm just an atheist...

...but in Crawl, I'm a demigod. 8-)
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

For this message the author tedric has received thanks:
Sandman25

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 06:25

wow man take it easy there, no need to pretend to be euphoric from your own magnificently superior intelligence

because we all know that cheibriados gives more stats than demigods will ever have
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 13:02

I like card games, so Nemelex, I guess.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Eringya's Employee

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 13:51

Since I'm suffering from a fungal infection of the toes, I guess I already follow Fedhas in a way. :(
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

For this message the author TehDruid has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 14:41

gozag. everything I eat is permafood already. also, maybe then I'll have money to pay for a decent internet, and play webtiles, and it would not be so slow chei gets bored and leaves.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 20:37

Elyvilon because peace is good.
*pacifies Hirsch*

For this message the author Klown has received thanks: 2
Hirsch I, SchwaWarrior

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 12th June 2014, 20:51

*hugs klown*
Edit: to make me hug a Klown, Ely is really powerful. they usually leave me curled in a ball, crying like a baby, scared to death.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
Klown

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner