Evoker Idea: Spirit Lantern

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 25th May 2014, 03:33

Evoker Idea: Spirit Lantern

Spirit Lanterns are the elemental evokers for negative energy. (Necromantic).They spawn inert and need to be charged before their first use. They are charged only by killing natural creatures; not others.

Effect: Circle (which includes you) is filled with Ghostly Fire, healing all undead and hurting all living creatures. Spectral things of things that charged the lantern appear within the flames. The number and total HD of spectral things summoned varies with evocations. Will-o-Wisps and Lost Souls may also be summoned. HD (and Draining power of the melee) of Will-o-Wisps indexed to your HD. Damage caused by this effect (to the player) is low. Healing (for player undead) is similar to using an HW wand (and similarly indexed to your Evo skill).

Code:
Will-o-Wisp (*) | Spd: 15 | HD: 7 | HP: 30-50 |AC/EV: 2/15 | Dam: 0 (Pure Drain: 11-25) | undead, see invisible, lev | Res: magic(immune), fire+++, cold+++, poison+++, rot+++, neg+++, torm, napalm | Vul: Holy++ | XP: 751 | Sz: little | Int: normal.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th May 2014, 19:15

Re: Evoker Idea: Spirit Lantern

1) healing the player if they're undead makes this wildly powerful for undead players and probably overpowered. Could be balanced and still retain the logical consistancy if we just make the healing for undead players very low (like 5hp flat) so as to not be too strong.

2) Heal wounds wands do NOT get stronger with evo. They are at a fixed effectiveness.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th May 2014, 20:01

tasonir wrote:2) Heal wounds wands do NOT get stronger with evo. They are at a fixed effectiveness.

Is that spoiler or apparent in the item description?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 30th May 2014, 19:41

I am far from an optimal player, but from my understanding of it most wands that I care about don't scale with evo. The ones that do scale with evo are the MR-checking ones, like confuse, paralyze, slowing. I don't think attack damage from fire/cold scales either; correct me if I'm wrong. I honestly tend to just drop and never use MR-checking wands much at all, maybe once or twice before I'm strong enough to just kill things instead. My favorite wand is teleport, I use acquirement trying to get heal wounds, fire/cold in the early/mid game, and the rest I generally don't pay much attention to. Again, I'm not claiming this is ideal, it's just how I use wands.

From this perspective, I think it's more of a spoiler that confuse/para get better with evo than that the rest of them don't. This is probably less important than there being a divide between them such that only 'some' wands care about evo.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 30th May 2014, 20:24

The only wands that don't scale with evo are the 3 yellow ones for normal use (HW does when using it to pacify with Ely, Tele probably does when using it on enemies) and digging, I think. Certainly the attack wands do.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

For this message the author rchandra has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 30th May 2014, 20:43

Wand of hasting scales too I think, but nobody cares about haste duration.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner