We got a Bump

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 09:31

We got a Bump

So hey, the webcomic QC went and gave us a mention, and linked the wiki. I'd have enjoyed it more if it didn't depict someone being mean to a new player, because as a community we are so all about helping new players. And the hating on tiles and berserkers was just uncalled for. That Dale guy would totally get a ban for talking rudeness like that here. :p

So... if you find Crawlwiki crashed later, you know who to blame. If it's any consolation, it blew up in his face too.

Comic's up! I really hope I don't crash the Crawl wiki, I need its help :T

[...]

ffffffuck I am sorry crawl wiki I am so sorry :( :( :( :(

TGW

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 10:51

Re: We got a Bump

Tell him learndb is better.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 4th April 2011, 13:43

He's right, though, tiles are generally looked down upon by a certain type of player. :p

But yeah! That was awesome. I was catching up on comics and was lolomgwtf when I saw that.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 4th April 2011, 14:12

Meh. I played Rogue, Angband and Nethack in ASCII mode for years. Many literal weeks of gameplay time, many wins. It was fun. But I play Crawl in tiles and I sneer at the sneerers - life is too short to be hipper-than-thou.

(It helps that crawl's tiles are actually really good, obviously :P)
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

7hm

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 6th April 2011, 18:20

Crawl's tiles are really good.

Online though. online makes up for lack of tiles.

edit: also I read his entire strip in like 2 days after reading that comic. It's depression dog right now though. He needs to write more, less depressiony, toot suite.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 7th April 2011, 00:38

mageykun wrote:So hey, the webcomic QC went and gave us a mention, and linked the wiki. I'd have enjoyed it more if it didn't depict someone being mean to a new player, because as a community we are so all about helping new players. And the hating on tiles and berserkers was just uncalled for. That Dale guy would totally get a ban for talking rudeness like that here. :p

So... if you find Crawlwiki crashed later, you know who to blame. If it's any consolation, it blew up in his face too.

Comic's up! I really hope I don't crash the Crawl wiki, I need its help :T

[...]

ffffffuck I am sorry crawl wiki I am so sorry :( :( :( :(

Well people reading the comic know the context of the characters in question; the two of them met in person and hate each other with a violent passion simply because they are on different factions on WoW.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner