Demon Form

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 2nd May 2014, 16:28

Demon Form

Just an idea for a high level Tm spell that might be more worth using than the current ones (Dragon Form and Necromut).

Demon Form (Transmutations : 9) You turn into one of the sentinels of hell; your body armour is replaced with their metallic garb. Melds your body armour (that's it, all other equipment is fine). Grants Archmage, Spines, rTorm, rN+++, rElec, rF+, rC+, rPois+. Grants Demonic Spellcasting {You may cast any spell EXCEPT silence while silenced.} AC=Transmutations skill/2. Also grants a slaying bonus (to everything) of +[Transmutations/3] Duration is short compared to other transmutations unless your spellpower is high (which is rather impossible for a level 9 spell in a school where no enhancers are available.)

In short; you gain all the bonuses of being a demon, except rHellfire. Your body armour is melded, but you receive many resistances and up to 13 points of AC.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 2nd May 2014, 16:33

Re: Demon Form

this form don't look that useful

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 2nd May 2014, 16:36

netkitten wrote:this form don't look that useful
Was trying to be more powerful than Necromut (useful only for the rTorm really)...without stepping on dragon's toes (by being a UC-only form). I'm just thinking it needs a capstone that isn't just rTorm and a Necro enhancer. Taking a form to have Archmage and !sil seems like a good choice for a spellcaster, though I don't know that they'd take the cost. I just DK. It's a concept. if it isn't useful; how would you buff it? Also don't underestimate spines; especially with no armour blocking it.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 2nd May 2014, 17:10

bcadren wrote: Duration is short compared to other transmutations unless your spellpower is high (which is rather impossible for a level 9 spell in a school where no enhancers are available.)

1) It's quite possible to have very high spell power without enhancers, because very high spellpower is only around 100's or so. The goal is not to hit 200 spellpower, that's overkill. By the time you can cast this spell, you will have very high transmutations spellpower.

2) I could be mistaken, but I believe archmagi is an enhancer for all schools including transmutations, so not only is an enhancer available, but this form grants it! So you'd automatically have it when you recast the form to extend it, and so the duration would be longer.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 2nd May 2014, 21:01

I like this proposal. Seems like an actually reasonable suggestion to me.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner