Random Stupid Ideas

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 01:09

Random Stupid Ideas

Just a few dumb ideas I've had pop into my head, which I thought someone might find amusing.

• Durian - a vegetable type food item which has a side effect of repelling every nearby enemy.

• If there's a rat (any color) and an elephant both in your LoS at the same time the elephant is hit with an unresistable fear effect.

• Introduce JHVH as a worshipable god. Never speaks to the player, gives a number of powerful abilities that have no perceptible effect (it doesn't even tell you if you successfully used the ability or not), doesn't show piety, and praying may or may not have any actual effect (but will always make you feel as though it does).

• Introduce the afterlife. Die and you respawn -totally naked and reduced to XL1- in a random Hell branch. If you manage to make your way out of Hell then you get to continue your quest.

• After ascending with the Orb you find yourself in a new "Town" branch where everyone congratulates you on a job well done... and then transform into Pan lords and kill you. Because what did you think the Orb did?

• If Edmund kills you he calls Sigmund on his cell phone and brags.

For this message the author Knight9910 has received thanks: 3
and into, bcadren, TeshiAlair

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 01:25

Re: Random Stupid Ideas

the after life one would be badass.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 01:49

I would love Elephant fear, that would add more tactics to the game. Also Ice Dragons and Fire Dragon could fight each other.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 02:26

Hirsch I wrote:the after life one would be badass.

There's something like it in Angband derivatives - 'Lost soul' mode where you start out at the bottom of the dungeon, and maybe you'll find some amazing loot before a tough enemy oneshots you. Ultra high risk/reward.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 04:39

Pizza slices can be used to distract turtles.

Octopodes have the ability to turn mermaids temporarily into humans.

If you play a DD and start fighting an Elf, or vice-versa, you will hate each other at first but then slowly build up a grudging respect and camaraderie, which eventually blossoms into friendship. This has no effect on game play whatsoever, but you get really long, detailed message spam about it that you can't turn off.

In a game in which you've killed Grum, there's a chance for him to come back, one time, much later in the game as a Reaper with a pack of hell hounds.

Give detailed information about the phyla and genus, not just the common name of the species, of all the things you encounter in Crawl. I want cladograms of DCSS flora and fauna.

A DCSSSim feature. Based on my current character specs and my current level of drunkenness, DCSSSIM will just tell me if I win or lose, goddamnit.

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
TeshiAlair

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 04:50

and into wrote:A DCSSSim feature. Based on my current character specs and my current level of drunkenness, DCSSSIM will just tell me if I win or lose, goddamnit.

'What time of day is it?' *beep*
'When did you last sleep?' *beep*
'For how long?' *beep*
'Have you ever gone to the Crawl wiki?' *beep*

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
and into

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 05:02

Sewers Scotsman

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 07:11

There has also been more discussion than you might expect of durians.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 13:47

I actually kind of like and into's Grum idea. A necromancer/illusionist that summons dark versions of other uniques would be really neat.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 22:21

and into wrote:In a game in which you've killed Grum, there's a chance for him to come back, one time, much later in the game as a Reaper with a pack of hell hounds.

TeshiAlair wrote:I actually kind of like and into's Grum idea. A necromancer/illusionist that summons dark versions of other uniques would be really neat.

Code:

320| Noticed Jessica
     324| Killed Jessica.
  113215| Noticed Jessica the Tormentor.

"I couldn't study in the Dungeon, but I got to study all I wanted in Hell..."

114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

For this message the author Lyrick has received thanks: 3
and into, Knight9910, TeshiAlair

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 22:59

Could go the route of 'Death' from the Castlevania games. A hell/Pandemonium unique that summons spectral versions of things from your kill list.

Unique Reaper: Erlkönig (Found in a Pandemonium or Hell Branch ends). Summons spectral things based on your kill list. Two summon versions either a spam of higher HD normal monsters (the souls of the 7 sphinxes you killed) or a single Unique; HD and HP adjusted to be an Endgame Unique (
Erlkönig (2) | Spd: 9 | HD: 19 | HP: 180 | AC/EV: 15/10 | Dam: 50 | demonic, items, doors, fighter, see invisible | Res: magic(immune), cold, poison, rot, neg+++, torm | Vul: holy++ | XP: 15000 | Spells: Summon Dead; Summon Unique; Ghostly Fireball 3d21; Lesser Self-Heal | Sz: Medium | Int: high.

Summon Dead: Summons spectral versions of stronger common enemies from your kill list. Each summon is only one type of monster. Once killed a specific kill cannot generate a new spectral thing. [The souls of the 7 sphinxes you killed in Tomb 1; or the souls of 3 golden dragons; for example.]

Summon Unique: Summons a single unique, which you killed before. HD and HP will be adjusted to an endgame unique AND it spawns with requisite items to make powerful (these are summoned items and auto-abjure on death). [the Soul of Erolcha (hd:18; hp:200)); for example.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner