Elemental Form

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 21st April 2014, 02:21

Elemental Form

Just a trasmutations spell idea:

You target a square in melee range and 'merge with it' (similar to Summon Elemental) and you take the form of an elemental [Fire, Water, Air, Earth]

Each form gains an enhancers, an immunity, a brand, a weakness and retaliation on bad hits:
Fire: fire enhancers, fire immunity, ice vulnerability, flaming UC, inner flame style explosion on severe hit.
Water: ice enhancers, ice immunity, fire vulnerability, engulf auxilliary, bleed steam on severe hit.
Air: air enhancer, electricity immunity, wind vulnerability, electrocution UC, Chain lightning-style beam on severe hit.
Earth: earth enhancer, AC boost, LRD vulnerability, pure boost to all melee (vorpal), explosion of metal fragments on severe hit.

Also all share a passive (may use HP for MP (for spells of the associated element only), rSticky and negative energy vulnerability).

I will admit that some of these overlap some with existing Transmutations, but there are no fire or air forms at all right now and the water effect is also semi-unique.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 21st April 2014, 04:54

Re: Elemental Form

I think that an Air form of some kind should exist, but the others sort of do, in the form of Ice Form, Statue form, and Ring of Fire.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

For this message the author TeshiAlair has received thanks:
tedric

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 21st April 2014, 05:06

I think Wisp form could be neat. Something like: gives a huge boost to EV, rElec, flying(?), and (evokable semi-controlled?) blink; but severely reduces AC and melee damage output. Use it to become an impish glass cannon, or as an escape tool.
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 21st April 2014, 05:35

tedric wrote:I think Wisp form could be neat. Something like: gives a huge boost to EV, rElec, flying(?), and (evokable semi-controlled?) blink; but severely reduces AC and melee damage output. Use it to become an impish glass cannon, or as an escape tool.
Wisp Form kind of exists, but it's a bad form with some pretty bad costs and some intrinsics that are different than lining up with enemy wisps (or even what would make sense).
  Code:
Permaflight (can't land)
Blinkitis II
Everything melded
Half-Confused (Unique effect, no spellcasting, no items, everything other movement turn is a confused move)
10 AC rF++ rC++ rN+ rPois rElec rRot rCorr Cons
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
tedric

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner