Ghostly Flames

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 01:03

Ghostly Flames

(1) They are really cool. [Heals undead, damages everything without rN+++, summons a few random Spectral Things]
(2) Is there anyway a player could get them at some point? [Racial ability, God ability or Fixed Art]?
(3) I say racial, god or Artifact BECAUSE a Necro/Fire Spell would be...mostly useless (most player summoned undead cannot be healed) and maybe too powerful for those it is useful to (For undead it could be used as Lesser Self-Healing or a Much faster Regen, depending on how long the Ghost fire cloud lasts.)

[Start discussion.]
Not in GDD, because trying to start a discussion and not yet ANY kind of specific proposal.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Klown

Barkeep

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 05:16

Re: Ghostly Flames

I don't think Yred or Kiku needs a buff, but this would be cool on either of them. Fits better with Yred probably. Agreed it works better as a god ability with a moderate piety cost, as spamming a spell a bunch in order to heal/support your minions seems rather dull. (But as a "use once in course of a major fight" god ability it would be fine.)

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 05:36

Well, Yred is already basically an evil Shining One, so sure. Go ahead and give him what would basically be a dark version of Cleansing Flame.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 07:28

I do think it'd make Yred a little less one dimensional. I'm not sure it'd be balanced though.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 10:32

Knight9910 wrote:Well, Yred is already basically an evil Shining One, so sure. Go ahead and give him what would basically be a dark version of Cleansing Flame.

I don't really see Yred as "evil Shining One"...I think Dithmenos with the whole Umbra thing is more the opposite of TSO, but then he's not evil. Yred is...one of the perma-ally gods along with Beogh. He's also the stronger of the two.

Maybe I'll revive the Forgotten (new god proposal I previously posted) and put this in his abilities) [since his focus is trying to be a healing/defensive focused undead god.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 11:05

I would say Yredelemnul is an evil reflection of the gods of light, not necessarily TSO in general, at least in some ways.

He's one of the few gods aside from the trinity who has a long list of dislikes (especially among evil gods, most of whom don't care what you do as long as you keep killing in their name) and the only god outside the trinity who has a condition for instant excommunication.

He also gives you fallen angels, so there is that too.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 20th April 2014, 16:29

goastflames and goastball heal anything that is undead, including things that don't regenerate normally
they also don't play very well from my experience and seem overall really complicated for no reason in particular
I would like to see them being less common (or gone) instead of more and definitely don't think the player has any business getting sources of it that are actually reliable

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner