Uniques

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2011, 11:57

Uniques

I remember the first few times I ran into Nessos he killed me in seconds and I was afraid of him for a while. Now he's not even a threat. I know others have had similar experiences with uniques such as Sigmund and Mara. Are there any uniques that you've feared in the past? How did you overcome them?

Nessos can't kill you if you have fire and poison resistance. Since he blinks around a wand is also very useful.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2011, 12:37

Re: Uniques

Rupert hasn't killed me in ages, but the first couple of times he just seemed unstoppable. And inevitable.

Now I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to kill him in terms of damage, and I just make sure he doesn't get close to me until I have it on tap - he doesn't generally show up in places you absolutely have to clear right now, though it can be annoying if he's blocking your way down the Lair.

Also - and this goes for all uniques - I don't explore regions by step by step walking any more - always autoexplore or shift-direction, which stops travel as soon as you notice something new. Just turn around and go back the other way. I think this has probably divided my deaths to uniques by four.
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner