Cannot directly link to posts that quote

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 1st April 2014, 23:52

Cannot directly link to posts that quote

In the top right corner of a post is the date of the post and a little arrow icon. Clicking on the little arrow icon creates a link directly to the post, which is useful to share around.
However, if the post includes a quote, this seems to vanish from the post. Why is this? Is there a way to change this functionality and get a hotlink?

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't seem to be related to quoting. Some posts have it and others don't. I haven't figured out the rule yet. It's not to do with who posted it, for example.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 00:03

Re: Cannot directly link to posts that quote

It happens to posts that have been thanked, but not if that post is the first in a thread by the look of it. I suggest the easy workaround of becoming a moderator so that you can just click on "post information" to get a link (but yeah it's very annoying, I don't know if there are any other convenient workarounds).

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 00:05

MarvinPA wrote:It happens to posts that have been thanked, but not if that post is the first in a thread by the look of it. I suggest the easy workaround of becoming a moderator so that you can just click on "post information" to get a link (but yeah it's very annoying, I don't know if there are any other convenient workarounds).

I just realized it was for posts that have been thanked and came here to edit it and you've beaten me :geek:

So, when will I receive my moderator status?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 00:53

"Convenient" workaround: hover over the quote button, use the number in there.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 00:54

I am happy to dig up the links for you. PM me. phpBB isn't emailing me so it might take a day or two for me to respond.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner