UNFATHOMABLE AMOUNTS OF RAGE

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 19:19

UNFATHOMABLE AMOUNTS OF RAGE

Gee, thanks Elyvilon! I even had better runs with gods that have NO healing abilities at all...

Impossible to pacify a rat with invocations 1937479, 0 piety if by some wonder of mathematics it somehow works, 0 piety for destroying amounts of weapons that the U.S. and Isreal armies DREAM they had. Self-heal? Costs a metric ton of piety and heals for nothing, I stay with my healing wand, thanks. Oh damn, I have to drain all my permanent mana just to stay alive somehow. You know I thought I might become somewhat of a noble paladin, offering the enemy a way out first and fight second, but NOOOOOOOOOO the great heal bitch Ely has other plans.... like not healing people..... biggest troll diety ever

Gotta convert back to the evil gods, at least I know where I stand with them

*Strikes Autobot symbol through and replaces it with Decepticon symbol*

For this message the author Deep Dwarf Fighter has received thanks: 2
Klown, Psiweapon

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 19:36

Re: UNFATHOMABLE AMOUNTS OF RAGE

HAH

You gave me a good laugh thre :lol:

My experience with Elyvilon is more along the lines of EAT! EAT!! EAT!!! EAT IT ALL GODDAMNIT!
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 19:47

Elyvilon is one of the strongest gods of the game. I don't know what could be going wrong but possibly you aren't training Invocations enough (as the rat example suggests, I'm aware it's a hyperbole, but you should be able to pacify most enemies with Elyvilon). Self-healing doesn't cost a lot of piety at all. Weapon sacrifices are admittedly kind of useless, but pacification brings a lot of piety. If you are playing a Deep Dwarf, pacificying monsters also generally means that you take little damage, which reduces the need for constant self-healing.
I used to love Elyvilon games but these days I don't find them as enjoyable because there is a lot of micromanagement attached in my opinion and weapon sacrifices are annoying, but there's no doubt that her power level is extremely high.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 19:54

I don't know how serious you are, but DDHe(or anythingHe, probably, I just haven't tried) are almost invincible, it seems. Unlimited healing is the most boring but also the strongest ability. I have suicided one DDHe out of boredom somewhere in zot.
Last edited by Amnesiac on Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 22:25

Deep Dwarf Fighter wrote:UNFATHOMABLE AMOUNTS OF RAGE

The deep dwarf fighter goes berserk!

For this message the author sgrunt has received thanks: 3
Hirsch I, Klown, Psiweapon

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 23:18

probably did not get the materials he needed for his fey mood.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
Psiweapon

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 23:49

I've gone through this as well, and rarely play Elyvilon now. :)
I trust others that say it's one of the better Gods though.

But now I want to play DDHe to see if it's really op like amnesiac says, and get my first win. :x

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 18th February 2014, 23:53

Klown wrote:I've gone through this as well, and rarely play Elyvilon now. :)
I trust others that say it's one of the better Gods though.

But now I want to play DDHe to see if it's really op like amnesiac says, and get my first win. :x

Yeah, just train invo as much as you can, while getting as much piety as you can(weak animals). Where you feel you can manage killing something that gives exp, you could, I guess, but 50% exp is good enough for one skill with DD apt for invocations.

Of course get some other skills, when you feel you have enough. Don't forget to look for a good loot, it's not like ely will get you though all the game alone. She's just good for healing later.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 14:18

Psiweapon wrote:My experience with Elyvilon is more along the lines of EAT! EAT!! EAT!!! EAT IT ALL GODDAMNIT!

Yeah this is what stands out about Ellie for me - you think you're going to be playing some insufferable hippy type and end up needing to BBQ the whole of lair.

Amnesiac wrote:I don't know how serious you are, but DDHe(or anythingHe, probably, I just haven't tried) are almost invincible, it seems. Unlimited healing is the most boring but also the strongest ability. I have suicided one DDHe out of boredom somewhere in zot.

I'm still quite interested in experimenting with Ellie on fighter type characters but the healer class doesn't really work at all for me, on species with poor invoc aptitude species you get slaughtered by uniques just as you get in sight of that critical mass of piety + invocations that make DDHe so dull. With high apts it's a game that's about finding food with the incidental one click distraction of sending the monsters up the stairs. Also when you pacify a guy who then stands in the exact corridor you need to get down hilarity ensues, particularly if you try and wait out his dithering in said passage way and get mauled half to death by him stumbling into you a couple of times.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 14:37

Yeah... pacified monsters should be friendly, not neutral, imo. At least you should be able to switch places or it gets incredibly annoying.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 16:47

wa? ely is insanely powerful, and you want to give him a big buff?
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 16:49

It's not a buff it's just making things the right way. You can use pacification for making monsters fight with each other anyway.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 20:27

Amnesiac wrote:It's not a buff it's just making things the right way. You can use pacification for making monsters fight with each other anyway.

I'm pretty sure the "neutral, not friendly" thing is a very conscious decision for pacified enemies. Neutral guys don't fight for you, but can get in the way of other enemies and will hit them if they try to move into same tile. That's a pretty major difference from friendly and would affect how Ely plays a great deal. You have to take stuff like inability to switch spots into account when choosing what/when to pacify. Compare to corrupt—the fact that the demons are neutral, not friendly, makes you think more (carefully) about how you use the ability. I think that's a good thing.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 19th February 2014, 21:08

you have a point, but it's still annoying :)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner