New Harold

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 02:47

New Harold

Whose was the great idea?!

Net, bolt of fire, net, bolt of fire, net, bolt of fire, splat.

What the fuck?! And is he guaranteed on Lair 2 or what???

THIS. IS. STUPID.

Seriously, whomever coded this new version of Harold, can go and shove a prickly pear up/down his/her bodily orifice of choice, on my behalf.

Cheers!
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 03:02

Re: New Harold

lol

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 03:04

The only change to Harold within the last 10 major versions is that he has different speech lines now (well, and AI changes, but that applies to every monster).

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 03:12

duvessa wrote:The only change to Harold within the last 10 major versions is that he has different speech lines now (well, and AI changes, but that applies to every monster).

First of all, my excuses for the above post, but he's been the major cause of demise for my characters lately.

Second, if it's only AI changes, beware of skynet.

As soon as he sees you, you're pretty much netted down. I've always found him very soon after climbing downstairs to L:2, which used to mark my early game - mid game milestone. With very soon I mean "see him after moving five squares". And he noticed me straight away, and netted me straight away. My stealth and EV might as well not have been there. I've fought him loads of times before and he was NEVER this lethal.

*cries* :cry:
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 03:36

CLUSTERING ILLUSION wrote:CLUSTERING ILLUSION
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 04:01

IMO remove bugfixes

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 04:49

Psiweapon wrote:I've fought him loads of times before and he was NEVER this lethal.

*cries* :cry:

well, maybe you shouldn't be trying to kill a guy who's just trying to take care of his family (by killing you)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 05:48

Psiweapon wrote:Seriously, whomever coded this new version of Harold, can go and shove a prickly pear up/down his/her bodily orifice of choice, on my behalf.

To defeat him, leave him be, dive deeper, find and stair-drag Maude up to him and he'll leave you alone.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 08:36

So he cought you the same turn he saw you, ok, that's unpleasant, because you can't escape right away. But didn't you have any scrolls?.. And try having rF+ all the time as soon as you find it. Also MR, but in lair I usually prefer rF for fire drakes, they seem to pack a punch. Also potion of resistance.

Eringya's Employee

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 16:02

Worship Trog next time.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 16th February 2014, 23:56

duvessa wrote:The only change to Harold within the last 10 major versions is that he has different speech lines now (well, and AI changes, but that applies to every monster).

http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a= ... a420e7ea3d

For this message the author Kate has received thanks: 2
duvessa, XuaXua

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 17th February 2014, 00:01

Yeah, the fixed harold is fun. Had to burn some tele!

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 17th February 2014, 00:59

twelwe wrote:
CLUSTERING ILLUSION wrote:CLUSTERING ILLUSION

Anybody talking about shit they have no idea about? :twisted:

MarvinPA wrote:http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commitdiff;h=eaa420e7ea3d

I KNEW IT.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 17th February 2014, 01:10

One of the few commits I actually read when it went in.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 17th February 2014, 01:21

Psiweapon wrote:

I would guess that the AI changes duvessa mentioned included the bugfix to let monsters use throwing nets again; his main point that Harold himself hasn't been changed specifically is true.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 17th February 2014, 01:39

nicolae wrote:
Psiweapon wrote:

I would guess that the AI changes duvessa mentioned included the bugfix to let monsters use throwing nets again; his main point that Harold himself hasn't been changed specifically is true.

Then it was a maliciously misleading understatement, because the New Harold could duke it out wit the Terminator, hence my evilness. :twisted:

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner