sound mod

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 6th December 2012, 22:10

sound mod

Not really sure where to put this, but I wanted to share so I put it here.

Edited a sound mod I found for Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Tiles.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c10ne969n4nq8c1

I took out all allot of the sounds, made it a bit more realistic with less electronic noises and weird stuff that did not seem right, switched some around, and added a few new ones here and there.

Install:
just make a copy of the crawl folder in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Crawl) and then drag the new folder in the .7z over the top of the original. It replaces the init.ini, so if you have custom settings you may want to reset them by going in the .ini again after doing this.

The original mod is not my work, but they did not put their name in the .ini text and I can't remember where I got it, but all the credit goes to them. Feel free to claim credit if this is you :P, hope you don't mind.

All the sounds not in the original mod are from Freesound.org, so I'm assuming it's all royalty free etc.

For this message the author Rainbowdash has received thanks:
Ninjorp

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 17:46

Re: sound mod

Thanks for doing this. I remember the old sound mod had a few too many weird sounds for me, so I'll try it out - when I can pull myself away from Feed the Beast, which is consuming my life at the moment.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 16th April 2013, 09:45

There's a small problem with freesound.org: it looks like everything there is distributed under Creative Commons "Attribution" license. So if this were to go towards any kind of "official" sound pack we'd need to credit the source of each sound -- there's no problem having a big credits list but finding out where each sound came from would be tricky.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 12th February 2014, 02:26

This does not work in current versions. Would really appreciate someone chipping in on how to get it working. :)

For this message the author swizzlewizzle has received thanks:
Klown

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner