Rotgut, the Bloated God of Bodily Fluids

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 20th January 2014, 18:58

Rotgut, the Bloated God of Bodily Fluids

This in CYC, because it doesn't have a lot of detail yet, but it's a semi-serious idea for a God Proposal:

Altar: An Acidic Altar of Rotgut (tile is an off-white altar)

According to legend, Rotgut is a world-devouring terror, worshipped by those who would sacrifice their body for power. The imagery depicts him as a giant mouth with several rows of razor sharp teeth, attached to a bloated fleshy bag of a stomach, sitting upon a throne of bones.

Devotion to Rotgut is shown by eating corpse chunks, particularly unclean corpses (and suffering the consequences), as well as through eating the corpses of really powerful enemies.

*: At one star piety, Rotgut will grant you a small amount of regeneration in the presence of fresh blood (similar to demonspawn regenerating near fresh corpses). Hits and kills caused by you are more likely to cause blood (that IS only a visual effect, right?)
** At two stars, you gain a small chance (that goes up with your piety) to cause a slain enemy capable of leaving a corpse to explode into blood and edible chunks as per disintegration when you kill it.
*** At three stars, your movement slows, but you gain Gormand.
**** At four stars, you gain the ability to spew acidic vomit in a line. While this is noisy (noise decreases with invo skill) enemies caught in the blast are all confused and/or distracted for a few turns. This ability is useless vs plants.
***** At five stars, the player's blood becomes acidic vomit as well. if the player bleeds, it is green, and hits that cause the PC's blood to appear on the ground/walls nearby cause some acid damage to the attacker. The Worshipper can also 'p'ray, and cause adjacent floor tiles with blood on them to become shallow water (colored as the blood).
****** At six stars, the PC gains a death ability (hey, if Lug can let you abyss stuff, and Jiyva can let you slimify stuff...). For a very hefty hunger costs, the PC can attempt to make an adjacent enemy eat itself into oblivion. This takes three turns, which means you can plug up a hallway with it.

I'm curious what you guys think. Is it stupid? I just wanted to encourage eating chunks after seeing that horrible thread about removing Hunger.

wait... i just realized, that was {Hunger}. I'm gonna post this anyway.
The above post is for entertainment purposes only. If you think anything I ever say is backed by fact, or if you cite things I've said in any argument ever, you are insane.

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 20:24

Re: Rotgut, the Bloated God of Bodily Fluids

Becoming better at worshipping makes you vomitting less noisy? Huh? :shock:
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 21:28

Nah, yo. This is just straight-up gross, if you ask me.

That said, your mechanics aren't too terrible.

For this message the author bryanpeddy has received thanks:
TehDruid

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 01:16

+1 for making monsters self cannibalize! Lets see how well you can fill this thought line after critiques. It could be quirky enough to generate interest and hunger.
It is all fun and games until Xom tosses you into the Abyss.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 21:31

TehDruid wrote:Becoming better at worshipping makes you vomitting less noisy? Huh? :shock:

Well, i figure if it's a divine ability, why not. plus you would be getting used to vomiting that much.

And ok, I'm going to reprise my post with changes:

According to legend, Rotgut is a world-devouring terror, worshipped by those who would sacrifice their body for power. The imagery depicts him as a giant mouth with several rows of razor sharp teeth, attached to a bloated fleshy bag of a stomach, sitting upon a throne of bones.

Devotion to Rotgut is shown by eating corpses, particularly unclean corpses (and suffering the consequences), as well as through eating the corpses of really powerful enemies. Rotgut doesn't care if an individual worshipper dies from eating bad corpses, but he does understand the need for followers to stay alive to kill more.

Since his conduct demands killing, Rotgut is an evil God.

_: As a part of worship, Rotgut requires that you eat the entire corpse, including the bones. While worshipping him, and for a long time after abandoning him, 'c'hopping corpses will not leave a skeleton.
*: At one star piety, Rotgut will grant you a small amount of regeneration in the presence of fresh blood (similar to demonspawn regenerating near fresh corpses). Hits and kills caused by you are more likely to cause blood (that IS only a visual effect, right? not so much if this gets added, but it's interesting).
** At two stars, you gain a small chance (that goes up with your piety) to cause a slain enemy capable of leaving a corpse to explode into blood and edible chunks as per disintegration when you kill it.
*** At three stars, your movement slows one rank, but you gain Gormand. You basically are becoming a Boomer from Left 4 Dead.
**** At four stars, you gain the ability to spew acidic vomit in a line. While this is noisy (noise decreases with invo skill) enemies caught in the blast are all confused and/or distracted for a few turns. This ability is useless vs plants.
(Another idea i had instead was that the vomit would be a normal targeted shot like naga breath, but the effect is that enemies turn on the target.)
***** At five stars, the player's blood becomes acidic vomit as well. if the player bleeds, it is green, and hits that cause the PC's blood to appear on the ground/walls nearby cause some acid damage to the attacker. The Worshipper can also 'p'ray, and cause adjacent floor tiles with blood on them to become shallow water (colored as the blood).
****** At six stars, the PC gains a death ability (hey, if Lug can let you abyss stuff, and Jiyva can let you slimify stuff...). For a very hefty hunger costs, the PC can attempt to make an adjacent enemy eat itself into oblivion. While this is costly to use, the enemy will stop moving for 3d2 turns before dying, which means this can also stop a hallway or choke point.

[/quote]
The above post is for entertainment purposes only. If you think anything I ever say is backed by fact, or if you cite things I've said in any argument ever, you are insane.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 23:42

IronJelly wrote:Since his conduct demands killing, Rotgut is an evil God.
List of gods with conducts that do not demand killing:

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner