read.....important......

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 05:03

read.....important......

thought of another one... species where u can sell. ok now hear me out. i figured, why not, right? everyone always says it isn't going to work, isn't "fun" to sell, and I just think they don't have the right sales mechanics in mind when people DEVS especially, always say that it would not be fun well... species has a few abilities and aps, open to suggestions here, and things like sell bolt, where u can sell at a distance to a store (like haste saves turns) and u can damage enemies between u and the store and also they can run out of money to give u so its not abusable. also another coll thing about this species is you want to use sell bolt because its all u got, and when you go to buy it back its more expensive so you gotta get more gold or sell more things to pick up. I don't think the devs put nearly that much thought into anything ever so someone should go ahead and program this in (this one I am leaving open, feel free to give it a shot.)
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 2
and into, duvessa

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 06:17

Re: read.....important......

twelwe wrote:they can run out of money to give u so its not abusable.

It is abusable because the store will not pay for those bloody bolts.
Last edited by sizz on Friday, 27th December 2013, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 07:22

Obviously Necromutation would be necessary as a combo, since otherwise you would have to be very wary of the food cost resulting from bringing all the things to the shops.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 10:14

---
Last edited by MyOtheHedgeFox on Friday, 27th December 2013, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 10:17

wheals wrote:Obviously Necromutation would be necessary as a combo, since otherwise you would have to be very wary of the food cost resulting from bringing all the things to the shops.

maybe if you find macabre finger necklace you could wear three rings of sustenance

Eringya's Employee

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 11:32

This topic needs more anti-Semitic references. 6/10
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 21:47

TehDruid wrote:This topic needs more anti-Semitic references. 6/10

be careful what you wish for

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th December 2013, 07:40

Mychaelh doesn't post here anymore so we should be all right.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 03:04

The catch here would be coming up with a selling mechanic that let you, for instance, cash in on good randarts you couldn't use or something, but didn't let you, for example, sell a bunch of floor trash. Where's the middle ground?

Then again, it is just another test of Crawler stoicism to accept that your Conjurer can't get much out of that randart plate armour, and move on... :roll:

Wizlab Walloper

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 03:15

Code:
Bryanpeddy casts Animate Dead. You see 1 thread zombie.
You sell the zombie to the shop!
Last edited by Azrael on Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Azrael has received thanks:
Klown

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 03:18

wow

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 04:06

Sorry, I just got here, and had been thinking about this exact thing recently while playing.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 05:16

bryanpeddy wrote:The catch here would be coming up with a selling mechanic that let you, for instance, cash in on good randarts you couldn't use or something, but didn't let you, for example, sell a bunch of floor trash. Where's the middle ground?

Taking randarts to a shop is still boring, especially if you actually have to go to the shop to sell them (and don't just have a sell randart ability), as you find a lot of randarts. The more important thing is that there is enough gold in the game currently, and if there wasn't, just adding more gold to the floor is a simple and elegant way of doing it while this is unnecessarily complicated. This suggestion doesn't really add interesting decisions either because there is hardly ever a situation where a randart useful to your character isn't obvious, so it isn't hard to just sell off the junk (which is always a good idea) and keep the good stuff. I get that that is the whole point of the feature, but the good parts of the game create less strategically obvious choices.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner