I don't love it when...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 24th November 2016, 00:51

Re: I don't love it when...

Blomdor wrote:I'm having a bit of a dilemma with Crawl. I don't love it when I'm not a formicid now.

I have a similar problem in that it's hard to play non-chei since I play chei for roughly 50% or more of my games. I don't like not being able to wear heavy armor, have huge dodging skill/EV, and cast magic at the same time. What do you mean, focus on one thing? Just to be able to pillar dance? Pillar dancing is boring anyways....

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 24th November 2016, 01:25

Sar wrote:Wrong direction.

Sometimes the right is so wrong.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 24th November 2016, 20:45

When I die to Sojobo because I actually can't hit her. The death was stupid; I had healing and all, but I just...couldn't believe it. I actually could not believe I was having trouble hitting things at XL24 or so with a +9 executioner's axe and nearly maxed skill in axes.

I've played a lot of games of Crawl. Somewhere over 5000 of them. Forty something or so of those are wins. Yes, I am terrible. But the point is, I've gotten to this point of the game with similar gear many, many times, and I *never* have accuracy issues at high levels. Never. Hitting things simply is not a problem. Certain player ghosts are an exception, but other than that I don't typically *notice* accuracy as a mechanic beyond Lair or so. Sojobo has 21 EV according to the wiki (correct me if mistaken). High for a monster, but not exactly insurmountable.

Bad luck? A buff to Sojobo I don't know about? I don't know, man.

I'm trying to get a win with Xom and keep running into weird things like this...

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 25th November 2016, 19:28

I have come to despise Xom's polymorph addiction. He'd be perfectly manageable without it. Seriously, nothing else he does outside of banishment is nearly as likely to result in Xom-induced game over. He can mutate me and drop lightning on my head and be an all around jerkass all he wants; the gifts, buffs, summons, and silliness he provides more than makes up for that.

Polymorph in general is a wonky mechanic for a number of reasons (spoilery, questionable utility, weird special rules for the different forms the player can take, yadda yadda), but I think Xom's obsession with turning orc warlords into quicksilver dragons into hellephants into golden dragons into caustic shrikes into shard shrikes and back into Hellephants again deserves a special place in the Crawl toilet. Yes, that actually happened on Orc:2 just now. Impossible for me to tell if it was just a polymorph into a particularly aggressive glowing shifter or just Xom going absolutely bonkers. He's also turned knights into fire crabs on me, and some D:1 trash into a wolf once. That's not even touching what happens when he decides to polymorph me. It'd be one thing if this was like banishment; awful, but rare enough that you don't have to play in constant fear of it. Xom polymorphs things left and right sometimes, and you're lucky if it *isn't* horrible.

For this message the author Blomdor has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 26th November 2016, 18:35

Blomdor wrote:I have come to despise Xom's polymorph addiction.

I actually like it, but I can agree it is really dangerous at times. For instance, stay the hell away from Gastronok if you're worshiping xom. Keep it outside your LOS at all times unless you want a caustic shrike in d6 or wherever that slug spawns.
It's also great fun mutating TRJ. Whatever comes out of that transformation is usually more manageable than the royal jelly.
make food great again

For this message the author pedritolo has received thanks: 2
Blomdor, Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 26th November 2016, 20:18

basically there are 5 xom effects that make him really tedious to worship. in descending order of obnoxiousness:
1. player form casts (you have to either play ultra-careful at all times, or just accept randomly dying to spider/ice/blade hands sometimes)
2. teleport journeys (because they strongly incentivize going upstairs every time you want to rest)
3. swaps (again, unless you play ultra-careful a swap can easily just randomly kill you, but not nearly as frequently as transmutation casts)
4. incessant confusion
5. monster polymorphs (just because it stops you from resting near plants in lair; if lair didn't have plants i would not consider xom monster polymorphs worse than any of his other acts. lair shouldn't have plants regardless, by the way)

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
Blomdor, dracos369

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 26th November 2016, 23:38

pedritolo wrote:For instance, stay the hell away from Gastronok if you're worshiping xom. Keep it outside your LOS at all times unless you want a caustic shrike in d6 or wherever that slug spawns.

It was Gastronok the shard shrike in Lair when I won my HaCK :)
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 11th December 2016, 20:30

...as a felid I get
  Code:
Shops:
D:6 *   D:10 [   D:11 [   Orc:2 [((%

5/7 for unusable items and felids don't really need extra food either. On the bright side my shopping list is empty.
Spellcasting penalties, Armour skill, and strength
15 runes: 2x HuSk, Op(Mo,Tm,Wn,Fi,Wr,EE,AM,Wz,Ne), VSTm, DsTm, Dg(Sk,Tm), MuGl, GhMo, Fe(En,EE,Ar,Wn,IE)
3 runes: FoFi, OgSk, KoHu, SpCj, 2x DgGl, MiBe, Fe(Fi,Tm,Mo,Su)

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 13th December 2016, 19:59

Code:
The iron giant throws your orb of destruction at you!
_* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *

That was unexpected...

For this message the author argonaut has received thanks: 7
Cimanyd, dracos369, nago, Queen Cassie, Sar, stickyfingers, VeryAngryFelid

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th December 2016, 23:53

argonaut wrote:
  Code:
The iron giant throws your orb of destruction at you!
_* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *

That was unexpected...

I dunno why, exactly, but I find this incredibly funny
Memento mori

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 14th December 2016, 15:19

...I find the hat of the alchemist for the first time in years, and it's now not worth wearing over my plain +1 helmet. As if to rub it in some more, a dude comes along in tileschat and compliments my luck in finding one of Crawl's best items.

For this message the author asdu has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th December 2016, 16:02

asdu wrote:...I find the hat of the alchemist for the first time in years, and it's now not worth wearing over my plain +1 helmet. As if to rub it in some more, a dude comes along in tileschat and compliments my luck in finding one of Crawl's best items.

Well, even if you have all resists covered (including lajatang of order for orb of fire), you can equip +5 ring of protection since you lost just 4 AC.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 17th December 2016, 18:42

I had just stepped onto the abyssal rune. There was a sleeping monster next to it, so no auto-pickup. I was one turn away from pressing ',' and I get pulled into a different part of the Abyss!!! No, I am not ^Xom.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 18th December 2016, 13:47

Code:
 30311 | D:15     | Noticed a storm dragon
 31204 | D:15     | Noticed a storm dragon
 31406 | D:15     | Noticed a storm dragon

And then there was a frost and fire giant, a rakshasa, a yaktaur captain, a flayed ghost and so on...

Okay it was an almost full-floor vault but isn't that a bit hefty for d:15?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 18th December 2016, 16:18

d:15 is one floor away from depths, I don't think that's crazy. You should probably be doing lair and orc before you finish dungeon.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 18th December 2016, 17:24

Huh, is that meant to be an argument? Okay, let's place some acid blobs in lair (cause it's one floor away from slime) or some orbs of fire in depths or ...

D:15 is a pretty shallow depth no matter what is beneath there and the usual threat level there is way below that. I just think this is inappropriate.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 18th December 2016, 17:43

I don't think those enemies are very out of place for d15, though. It's not really that shallow, you're not supposed to do all of dungeon before visiting other branches!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 14:56

They are out of place for d:15, they are not out of place for a d:15 vault though. But yeah, always do the optimal route and dont do d:15 before lair and orc, heck, dont even do d:12 before lair unless you are eager for a frances/rupert/kirke/"player ghost who already did orc/lair" combo.
You shall never see my color again.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 18:58

I usually find the Lair entrance, and then go deeper into the dungeon until I meet something difficult before entering Lair. Then I do the same thing when I come out of lair before I go into Orc. Then I finish Dungeon before doing the first S branch. I usually go 1-2 floors deeper than the Lair entrance first, and then 1-2 floors deeper than that before Orc. Sometimes I get chased out of deeper Dungeon pretty quickly, sometimes I can go pretty far. Why? I guess just because when I developed the habit I felt comfortable in Dungeon-style terrain and less so in the more open Lair terrain, and now it's a habit.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 19:07

This is dangerous, Erolcha/Louise can banish you as their first action in Dungeon without giving you a chance to do anything and they can never be found in Lair.
Poor new players, death without spoilers is so easy...

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 19:21

Well I'm not exactly wet behind the ears, but you are right about those two. Thanks.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 20th December 2016, 03:47

ichbins wrote:Huh, is that meant to be an argument? Okay, let's place some acid blobs in lair (cause it's one floor away from slime)

acid blobs can spawn in lair though

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th December 2016, 05:13

orbs of fire can spawn on depths:5 too

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 20th December 2016, 12:20

And Erolcha/Louise are nowhere near as threatening as Rupert, who spawns in Lair a lot of the time.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th December 2016, 14:43

Rupert can generate on D12-15 too, unlike Erolcha/Louise who never generate in Lair. Actually if you enter D12-15 before Lair, Rupert is more likely to spawn in D, than in L because this is how crawl generation works.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 29th December 2016, 05:58

http://i.imgur.com/c8qz3VS.png

Bazaar spawned with nothing but food shops for a mummy character.

For this message the author Doesnt has received thanks: 3
Cimanyd, dracos369, VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 29th December 2016, 10:12

Erolcha generates before d:12 so you all lost and im taking the throphy.
You shall never see my color again.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 31st December 2016, 09:57

CanOfWorms wrote:
ichbins wrote:Huh, is that meant to be an argument? Okay, let's place some acid blobs in lair (cause it's one floor away from slime)

I'm quite sure I have already seen them there, but only in very small runed-door-vaults that don't allow you to teleport in. Can they spawn outside of them?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 1st January 2017, 12:45

ichbins wrote:
CanOfWorms wrote:acid blobs can spawn in lair though

I'm quite sure I have already seen them there, but only in very small runed-door-vaults that don't allow you to teleport in. Can they spawn outside of them?

I guess, I've seen some acid blobs close to Slime entrance but in the open.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 1st January 2017, 12:52

ichbins wrote:
CanOfWorms wrote:

Yes

It's rare but it does happen.

Edit: my last 3 runs have had disto sythe sigmund in early D. Rude as fuck but thankfully 2 of those runs were skalds (ogre and merfolk) so the teste shrivling fear was balanced out nicely by endgame quality weapon greed. The third run was (yet another) NaEE who happened to run into a disto rapier as well on D5.

Bit of a dislike (oh sky cake no not again) vs like (ahahahaha now i am death destroyer of... something something) situation there.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 18th February 2017, 14:47

Code:
 61168 | Depths:3 | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 7 turns
 61175 | Depths:3 | HP: 7/228 [ettin/dire flail (11)]
 61175 | Depths:3 | Blown up by a great orb of eyes

The ice dragon tramples you but does no damage.
The ettin hits you with a dire flail. The ettin hits you with a dire flail!!
The great orb of eyes bites you but does no damage.
The ice dragon bites you but does no damage.
The ice dragon claws you but does no damage.
The ice dragon tramples you but does no damage.
The ettin hits you with a dire flail!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The ettin hits you with a dire flail!!
The great orb of eyes pulsates ominously.
The great orb of eyes bites you but does no damage.
The ice dragon breathes frost at you.
The blast of cold hits you!
The ettin hits you but does no damage. The ettin hits you with a dire flail!
The great orb of eyes gazes at you.
You are blasted!
You die...

##...
   #.....#########
   #%##....$.>....
    #.............
   .#.##...G......
   ..#....@C......
##  .#.##.^D......
 ..##.#..#########
.##...#..#
#......#.######
 ..##..#....#...##
#.#..##.##..#. ...####
#.#....#?.##..# #....#
#..#.#.#....##..#!#..#
#..#....#..#..##..#..##

You could see an ice dragon, a great orb of eyes and an ettin.
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 24th February 2017, 00:04

I hate it when I accidentally press [>] instead of [Shift][X][>] after fleeing upstairs. Lost a DDNe to a pack of death yaks on Lair:6 a few weeks ago this way, and just now a HEFE who could have easily nabbed that sweet whip of electrocution from the D:3 gnoll if I hadn't walked right back down the same stairs into its arms.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 24th February 2017, 06:22

Just put a single-square exclusion ("xee") on the downstairs just after fleeing upstairs. I almost do it unthinkingly and automatically.

The interface has a lot of features like this to protect me from my own stupidity or laziness.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 24th April 2017, 15:21

Doesn't really count, since it's Xom, but...
  Code:
5 hogs and Kirke come into view.
Kirke shouts!  The hog squeals angrily.  x4
 "Hum-dee-hum-dee-hum..."
Kirke evaporates and reforms as an iron giant!

Yeah...nope. Nope, nope, nope.

For this message the author Aean has received thanks:
Turukano

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 24th April 2017, 20:53

When wielding restrictions are player-only:
  Code:
 A crimson imp is wielding the +10 zealot's sword {holy, *Rage rN+ EV+3}.

For this message the author stickyfingers has received thanks: 2
Cimanyd, nago

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 10:39

... I finally found that thing after ~5000 turns in the Abyss!

Code:
Casting: Apportation
Confirm with ! or Enter, or press ? or * to list all spells!
Aiming: Apportation
Press: ? - help, Dir - move target cursor
Apport: an abyssal rune of Zot
Yoink!!! You pull the item towards yourself!
You are suddenly pulled into a different region of the Abyss!!!

I just can't express how much I love this game! It's awesome and everyone should play it!

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 14:11

Sorry for double posting, but...

Code:
127319 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
127359 | Pan      | Noticed Paleom the pandemonium lord
127369 | Pan      | Killed Paleom the pandemonium lord
128055 | Pan      | Noticed Ximizus the pandemonium lord
128075 | Pan      | Killed Ximizus the pandemonium lord
128133 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
128300 | Pan      | Noticed Nojaas the pandemonium lord
128397 | Pan      | Noticed Juexki the pandemonium lord
128406 | Pan      | Killed Juexki the pandemonium lord
128429 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
128583 | Pan      | Got a demonic rune of Zot
128699 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
128741 | Pan      | Gained mutation: Scrolls take you a little longer to read. [a neqoxec]
128861 | Pan      | Noticed Neemer the pandemonium lord
128871 | Pan      | Killed Neemer the pandemonium lord
128951 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
129269 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
129552 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
129616 | Pan      | Noticed Ritsog the pandemonium lord
129628 | Pan      | Killed Ritsog the pandemonium lord
129881 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
130006 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
130145 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
130863 | Pan      | Noticed Xuocem the pandemonium lord
130866 | Pan      | Killed Xuocem the pandemonium lord
131007 | Pan      | Found a runed door.
131195 | Pan      | Noticed Ponopput the pandemonium lord
131204 | Pan      | Killed Ponopput the pandemonium lord
131323 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
131787 | Pan      | Noticed Upyiss the pandemonium lord
131804 | Pan      | Killed Upyiss the pandemonium lord

Code:
You have visited Pandemonium 1 time, and seen 30 of its levels.

Dear devs, please, please fix Pan!

For this message the author ichbins has received thanks:
nago

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 15th May 2017, 23:33

I don't love it when I'm blocked from ##crawl because I have to use a VPN to connect, as has happened twice in the last week. I love having ##crawl open while I play; as well as being a fund of detailed monster stats, occasional useful advice and the odd laugh, I just like feeling part of the community. Seeing all the death notices and win announcements go by. Grump.

(Yes, I have followed the instructions and contacted my VPN provider asking them to get in touch with freenode, I just needed to rant. Hope something is sorted soon)

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 26th May 2017, 23:08

Code:
_i - a scroll of acquirement
 As you read the scroll of acquirement, it crumbles to dust.
 [a] Weapon [b] Armour    [c] Jewellery [d] Book
 [e] Staff  [f] Evocables [g] Food      [h] Gold
_Something appears at your feet!
_i - a glowing flail
 Your +1 flail of protection goes still.
 Your +1 flail of protection hums with potential!
 i - a +1 flail of protection (weapon)

Acquirement gave me the exact weapon I already had.
also I should really read my enchant weapon scrolls
remove Siegurt's signature

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 1st June 2017, 19:13

TeFE. Cleared most of Swamp 1-4, got the Lernaean hydra vault, ran away because I could not think of a way to deal with it safely. Cleared Snake 1-3, got some new spells along the way, returned to Swamp 4. Killed a few enemies, went back to Swamp 3 and decided to go down using a different stairway. Then this happens:
  Code:
You start resting.
HP restored.
You start resting.
Magic restored.
You fly downwards.
Level annotation: Lernaean hydra
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra roars deafeningly!
You hear a roar!
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you but does no damage.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you!
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra completely misses you. x3
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you! The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you. x2
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra completely misses you.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra closely misses you. x2
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you! The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you.
You block the 27-headed Lernaean hydra's attack.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you! x3
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra misses you.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra barely misses you.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you.
You block the 27-headed Lernaean hydra's attack.
The 27-headed Lernaean hydra bites you but does no damage.
You die...

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣    ♣≈≈≈≈D
    ♣♣§≈≈≈≈    ♣♣≈.≈≈
   ♣♣≈.≈≈≈♣     ♣♣≈♣≈
  ♣♣≈≈.≈≈≈♣♣     ♣≈♣♣
  ♣.≈≈≈♣≈.≈♣♣♣♣♣ ♣♣♣
  ♣♣♣.≈≈..≈♣♣≈≈♣ ♣♣♣
   ♣≈.≈≈≈≈♣ ♣≈≈♣♣♣≈♣♣
   ♣D≈≈≈≈.♣ ♣≈≈♣♣≈≈.≈
   ♣@≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
   ♣.≈≈≈..≈♣.≈≈§≈≈≈≈≈
   ♣.≈≈≈≈≈..≈≈≈.≈§.≈≈
  ♣♣≈≈§.≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣.≈≈
  ♣≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣ ♣.≈≈
♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈.≈≈..♣   ♣♣≈≈
♣....≈≈..≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣≈.≈
♣≈...≈≈..≈≈....≈.≈♣♣.
♣♣♣≈...≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.≈♣≈

For this message the author Wark has received thanks:
ichbins

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 2nd June 2017, 11:06

When I die because of stupid mistakes. In this case both strategic and tactical. Playing Yiuf Crawl I decided for the sake of easy gameplay to just take a Dorf Fighter and ride that to fifteen runes, since it wouldn't be any different than the last time. And I was right on track for it too. Got the two S runes and the Slime rune, and then went to switch from Okawaru to TSO and grind The Crypt for piety. I've done this a few times before and it's not too bad. Except this time my primary weapon had been a demon whip, which of course I couldn't use until I could get it blessed. Which I couldn't do without six star piety. So I figured "hey I'll just drop my large shield of reflection and use this artifact great mace Okawaru gave me nothing'll go wrong because this is the only option other than like an artifact whip with holy wrath."

Well uh, it went wrong. I managed through most of Okawaru's wrath, and then just got nailed:

Code:
The frost giant freezes you.
You crush the frost giant like a grape!!!
You kill the frost giant!
That felt strangely unrewarding. You block the deep elf knight's attack. The stone giant throws a large rock. The large rock hits you!
The large rock disappears in a puff of smoke!
You miss the deep elf knight.
You feel less exhausted.
You block the deep elf knight's attack. The stone giant throws a large rock. You block the large rock.
The large rock disappears in a puff of smoke!
You closely miss the deep elf knight. You block the deep elf knight's attack.
You pound the stone giant like an anvil!!!
You freeze the stone giant!
The stone giant is almost dead.
The deep elf knight gestures at you while chanting.
The stone arrow hits you!
The stone giant hits you!
You die...

#####    ?.
                   #...#   ...
                   #...###....
                   #..........
                   #..........
 ###################..........
 #..............).[(......(...
 #........############..)..###
 #........#########  #.....'.
 #...>....C@e......  ......###
 #........#########  #.....#
 ####.#...#          #.....#
    #.....#           ##..##
#######...#
#.........#
#.........########   #.....#
#.........)......### #.....#
#....)....##.......# #.....#
#.........##.......###.....#
#.........##.......#.......##...#
############.......#.......##...#
     #[....................##[..#

You could see a stone giant and a deep elf knight.

I made the mistake of counting on a successful defeat rather than burning yet another blink scroll or something, which was my tactical mistake. I'm mostly mad at myself; I'm tired and it's late and I knew I should've stopped playing, but of course, I don't listen. Sigh.
Wins: MiFi(6,15), MiBe(11), SpEn(11), DDHu(3), GrEE(3), GnEE(6), VpEn(15)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 3rd June 2017, 17:19

First world problem. What should I use vs orbs of fire: +13 vampiric great mace, +9 antimagic evenigstar, +7 lajatang of Order {silver, rMut} or +5 demon whip "Spellbinder" {god gift, antimagic, MR+}. Of course I have some slaying (Slay+3 on ring with *Corr, AC+2 and Str+7) and silver javelins at min delay to complicate it even more. Why can't it be easy? :(

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 3rd June 2017, 22:16

definitely either Order or antimagic eveningstar imo

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 15th June 2017, 21:46

My NaVM^Vehu after D:13 and Lair:1 has

Code:
 a - the +9 executioner's axe "Puizean" (weapon) {vamp, rC+ Str+3}
 V - a demon trident of flaming
 x - a glaive of flaming
 E - a great mace of flaming
 F - a great mace of flaming
 n - a lajatang of flaming

What I'm gonna to train? dammit
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 1st July 2017, 19:15

Welp. Not technically an unavoidable death. I could have quaffed invisibility before stepping through that first transporter. It might have bought me at least A turn to act. But still...eesh.

For this message the author Aean has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 8th July 2017, 23:53

Octopode venom mage on D:9...

meets iron dragon. :twisted:

And right after that, why do I keep forgetting hell hounds get resist poison... Ugh.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 9th July 2017, 08:20

It's fun that people say about wand of haste removal making the game easier "because more potions of haste are generated" when you get first potion of haste at XL 21 from Agnes.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 9th July 2017, 09:09

People say that?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 9th July 2017, 13:27

Teleporting into a f*cking oklob vault and being instantly killed.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 9th July 2017, 21:55

You're playing a TrEE^Oka just because you wanna to play a statue troll, and just after finding statue form in a shop in orc:2 oka gifts that:

Code:
 the +10 gold dragon scales "Duat Fea" {rPois rF+ rC+ Str+6 Dex+5 Stlth-}.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok
PreviousNext

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner