Conflicting and conducive abilities

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 7th December 2013, 03:57

Conflicting and conducive abilities

It would be nice to see a few more abilities be either conflicting or enhancing each other. Right now only weapon skills help each other and elemental magic hinder each other. It would be along the lines of how the abilities work. Lets take Armor/Shields and Sneak for example. They would likely counteract each other since armors make sneaking more difficult. Conjuration and summoning are similar in respects so they could help each other. As for something like Charms and Hexes, it might be more of a love/hate relationship. Spellcasting could possibly conflict with evocations, invocations, and/or fighting.

This idea could then play into a new diety of discord which likes it when you raise conflicting abilities and dislikes when you raise conducive abilities.
It is all fun and games until Xom tosses you into the Abyss.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 7th December 2013, 04:11

Re: Conflicting and conducive abilities

Anti-training is a poor mechanic and I would far prefer it to be removed from the elemental skills than expanded. It tends to make characters more linear and closer together without giving any benefits.

I don't know if you posted this in the wrong forum or if it was moved, but either way this is in the right place.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

For this message the author reaver has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner