Thank you!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 5th February 2016, 19:53

Re: Thank you!

Thank you for the trunk changes! I am really liking the new amulet changes, and I feel like the reasoning expressed in the listserv emails is spot on. Removal of resist mutation in particular is a welcome change. I am loving amulet of reflection for how it makes SH more interesting and further distinguishes it from AC/EV. Amulet of dismissal and magic regen are cool too. So far I've mostly used them on casters.

Only new addition I'm not sold on is iron giants, but maybe that's just because I haven't found a good way to kill them yet. The throwing and it's (guaranteed?) accuracy/damage seems a bit much. I love/hate deep elf elementalists in Elf! Honestly, I had probably gotten too good at murder-holing all of Elf:3 and it had lost 90% of its danger. Danger = fun!

The new wands are cool! I'll be interested to see what the final selection ends up being. Acid should make for fun tactical choices.

Thank you devs for continuing to make this game even better!

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 20:26

Devs, good job on the new lowbie monsters. I am thinking of dart slugs, the blue drake (forget name), howler monkey. They might not be as flashy as adding high lvl monster like iron giants (which were also a good addition), but its good to know we havent abandoned the design goal of having monsters introduce new characters to concepts as they progress thru the game. More interesting monster abilities early on = more interesting scenarios early on, early game feels slightly less like drudgery now.

Nice work.

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 17:03

Whoever's been doing new sprites for stuff (merfolk and sun demons especially) keep it up, you're amazing.

Echoing the above post, it's great to see new monsters in earlygame again.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 11th March 2016, 16:23

Thanks very much for running a tournament with every new release. They're one of my favorite things to do, and they really get the adrenaline flowing. It's nice to have two weeks of tournament time every six months or so.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2016, 08:24

Major thanks to the devs, site administrators and forum moderators for this awesome game and great community. Never been bored on my way to greatplayer status!
<Sequell> Zargon is a greatplayer!
<Sequell> Zargon is a greaterplayer!
Online scoring

BTA

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 04:10

0.18 - thanks

I like the new features on the maps.

Howler monkeys have not been the cause of my death yet, so I like them too.

I found a +3 Warriors Mirror and cautiously examined it, never having seen one before. I thought it might decapitate me, not that all warriors are brainless.. But, anyways, could not tell where to put it so I put it down and stepped away slowly.

Several denizens of the deep have changed their appearances, all fancy and sporty.

Thank you all for your efforts, seen and unseen.

(edit)
Oops, meant to put this post in a more appropriate place. Too much damn ambrosia!

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 20:59

And thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us autoexplore around the moth of wrath vault in .18 ithout putting up an exclusion.

For this message the author Reptisaurus has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, Rast

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2016, 14:54

just wanted to say "thank you" because this is the game I play the most, and since most time :-)

For this message the author torrenera has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 22nd July 2016, 03:06

Re: 0.18 - thanks

BTA wrote:I found a +3 Warriors Mirror and cautiously examined it, never having seen one before. I thought it might decapitate me, not that all warriors are brainless.. But, anyways, could not tell where to put it so I put it down and stepped away slowly.

You mean Warlock's Mirror?
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 07:36

The new abomination icons are top notch!

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 05:24

Really liking the new abyss mechanic in trunk, saved the life of my poor MiGl when it got banished on XL 13. Also loving the Meliai.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd August 2016, 11:08

I just want to thank whoever made sure those flying chunks actually do damage. I assume it's Lasty, so, thanks, Lasty!

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 5
and into, Arrhythmia, dracos369, Lasty, Queen Cassie

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 25th August 2016, 23:44

DISTILLED

SHEER

AWESOME
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 20th October 2016, 15:38

I made sappy multi paragraph post about how great DCSS and the devs are but after re-reading it I felt super lame so thanks for making a pretty cool game for me to play for free

For this message the author dwightdl has received thanks: 3
Lasty, Rast, Shard1697

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 11th November 2016, 11:17

For once I did a timely upgrade to the latest stable DCSS version. Thanks devs for keeping on trying to improve my favourite game and for making it easy to get from the Debian/Ubuntu repo!
Spellcasting penalties, Armour skill, and strength
15 runes: 2x HuSk, Op(Mo,Tm,Wn,Fi,Wr,EE,AM,Wz,Ne), VSTm, DsTm, Dg(Sk,Tm), MuGl, GhMo, Fe(En,EE,Ar,Wn,IE)
3 runes: FoFi, OgSk, KoHu, SpCj, 2x DgGl, MiBe, Fe(Fi,Tm,Mo,Su)

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 12th November 2016, 23:38

Thank you for tweaking kobolds and halflings. I feel like the changes are quite small, but I appreciate that you guys think about such things. Halfling is the race I first tried to win with and I have a substantial fondness for them; I'd like to see them really come into their own as tiny tanky melee dudes.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 21st November 2016, 23:10

Thanks to whoever is designing and patching in all the unrandart-vaults. Starting with vampire tooth, but also Olgreb, Ring of Robustness etc. I am immensely enjoying more opportunities to play with the artifacts.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, 16:07

What is the deal with that little vault in early D where there is a spriggan with two pieces of bread and then a spriggan baker corpse in a one square room with a door? Did that other spriggan like murder and rob him? And didn't there used to be just a spriggan baker mini thingy?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 24th November 2016, 19:17

Are you sure it says "spriggan baker's corpse"?

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 25th November 2016, 19:19

I don' t know if this has been said before, but if it hasn't, then it certainly should:
A big Thank You to whoever wrote the webtiles code. It's light, fast and it just works; all in just html. You sure know your stuff, man!
make food great again

For this message the author pedritolo has received thanks: 2
Syndicus, TheMeInTeam

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 17th December 2016, 04:34

severen wrote:What is the deal with that little vault in early D where there is a spriggan with two pieces of bread and then a spriggan baker corpse in a one square room with a door? Did that other spriggan like murder and rob him? And didn't there used to be just a spriggan baker mini thingy?

Yes, exactly. It's amazing.

The vanilla version appears sometimes too.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st December 2016, 07:34

Thank you for removing 3 big wands!
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks: 3
duvessa, nago, Shard1697

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2016, 06:03

severen wrote:What is the deal with that little vault in early D where there is a spriggan with two pieces of bread and then a spriggan baker corpse in a one square room with a door? Did that other spriggan like murder and rob him? And didn't there used to be just a spriggan baker mini thingy?

Sometimes the baker is an ogre... (I believe the corpse is called a "baked spriggan corpse")

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2016, 21:15

He is a "spriggan baker". As in, he bakes spriggans.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 16:28

Guys, the spriggans name is Terrance and he was a baker for a living selling goods to other spriggans and ocs. but one day he left his door open and an ood monster came in and killed him, left his body there bc fuck that noise.

Then the other spriggan ate his fruit, and the orcs stole his gold. Rip Terrance, he was a good spriggan.
Spoiler: show
hi

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 16th January 2017, 11:13

I also wanna give a BIG thanks to the devs for this amazing game. I really would've loved to contribute to this game financially to back up this thanks 8-)

As of yesterday, I don't feel noobish anymore, even though there's so much more to grasp for me: I got my first 3 rune win :mrgreen:

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 15th March 2017, 09:31

Whoever came up with Barachians - thank you. They are awesome. Great to have a controlled blink (almost) that you can use when silenced / drained / sapped / teleport-restricted.

The all-round good aptitudes are cool as well.
Online scoring

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 15th March 2017, 11:44

Actually, while I'm here, I may as well thank all the devs for this superb game. Can't believe it's free. "Crawl is a lake from which a gnat may drink, and in which an elephant may bathe" (said about chess, but applies just as well to crawl)
Online scoring

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 23:27

I should add my thanks here. The repeated mentions of Nethack are key - they bring back memories of Nethack, and indeed of the original Hack from the days when it just barely fit on one floppy disk. They emphasize that a free game like this is a fixed landmark of a broad community, and as such is a genuinely meaningful achievement. But it's also important to think that while the original Hack as I recall was NOT totally public, even though it was free, DCSS is GPLv2+, which means that it can survive a very long time in many forms. (Someday the last person who heard of it may get thrown off a tall tower by invading ISIS hordes, but not today!)

I have to say though, I never understood the Nethack folks who farmed puddings. That just is NOT the way to live. What you need to do is turn chaotic, rob a gold piece or two from the shopkeepers, kill fifty Keystone Kops, drag their donut-weighted carcasses to the altar somehow, and carry on with so many incubi/succubi that you run out of names of guys and gals you ever lusted after and have to start calling them random things. (Don't forget to pay the shopkeeper his gold piece when he shows up; you wouldn't want to accidentally kill him and not have him call the Kops next time) You let them carry you up to level 30 and beyond and use your thousands of hit points to own that dungeon!

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 5th June 2017, 22:22

Just a few quick words of praise for 0.20 (having not played since around the 0.19 tourney). Nothing radically different, but I'm loving:

- New mutation potion system. Much more interesting.
- New tomb. A rune that gives me pause even when I have all the others is a nice challenge. And old tomb was so bad.
- Buffing wands gone. It always annoyed me the way those precious consumables went straight from rare to infinite when you found them.
- Ignition. Possibly makes fire elementalists *too* good (giving a nice route from Bolt to Storm), but it now rivals Discord for "most fun way to enter V:5".

Thanks to the devs, and keep up the good work!
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/odds

Won my last species (Mummy) on 17/01/2016.
Won my last background (Arcane Marksman) on 06/09/2016.

For this message the author Odds has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th June 2017, 03:47

Odds wrote:Just a few quick words of praise for 0.20 (having not played since around the 0.19 tourney). Nothing radically different, but I'm loving:

- New mutation potion system. Much more interesting.
- New tomb. A rune that gives me pause even when I have all the others is a nice challenge. And old tomb was so bad.
- Buffing wands gone. It always annoyed me the way those precious consumables went straight from rare to infinite when you found them.
- Ignition. Possibly makes fire elementalists *too* good (giving a nice route from Bolt to Storm), but it now rivals Discord for "most fun way to enter V:5".

Thanks to the devs, and keep up the good work!

I thought ?immolation followed by ball lightning was the most fun way to enter v5...
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 28th August 2017, 13:49

Thanks to whoever had the idea for Maxwells Engine. Weirdly overpowered and the most fun I've had in a long while.

Code:
a - the +2 Maxwell's thermic engine (weapon) {flame, freeze, rF- rC-}.

A strange sword, one blade blistering hot and the other icy cold. When it hits its target the
thermal gradient increases. What causes this effect is unknown but it is rumored that
otherworldly forces are involved.

It also goes up and down from +2 to up to +14 in/out of a fight.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 14th November 2017, 00:55

Big thanks everyone. I've generally moved on from video games, but I still find myself booting up this one game whenever I get the craving.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 3rd January 2018, 11:34

Just completed the first 15 runes victory, and that was simply amazing. Thank you to all developers for making such a great game. It feels really really epic when you go through Hells and Pandemonium.
Thanks!
Won: SpHu Slinger of Okawaru (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed of Makhleb (3 runes) - TrFi Unarmed of Nem (3 runes) - GnFE of Ash (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed (with Statue and Shatter) of Chei (15 runes!!!).
Demonspawn rocks. Unarmed also.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 7th January 2018, 21:32

Shout out to whoever helped get back all the CSZO morgues. I thought all my morgues from back then were gone for good, was surprised to notice the other day that at some point they got revived. Thanks much!

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 10th January 2018, 08:28

I only ever play offline - because I live in China and connection to online servers is crap - so I only got to play Gnoll for the first time yesterday with 0.21. That one game was actually the most fun I've had with Crawl in a long time. Maybe even ever. The fact that I didn't have to worry about skilling and could potentially use every single piece of loot the dungeon threw my way just made the game incredibly rewarding and stress-free. I honestly don't think I want to ever play non-Gnoll again.

Thank you for Gnolls!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 12th January 2018, 00:43

Dear devs, thank you for this version, which is being a lot of fun! And for food unification, wand stacking, and the awesome/atrocious pun of the new Shining One altar tile!
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 21st January 2018, 21:25

Thank you to everyone for the update and the tournament!

Been a bit crazy with work this season, but I've still done okay by my own standards, fun banners and better -- some very fun runs. 8-)

I still don't quite know half the species in the game after a few years (melee is so zen? haha), but I always enjoy the exploration and (usually) the very crazy, colorful and powerful loot!
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

For this message the author stoneychips has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 21st January 2018, 22:55

Thanks for the continued awesomeness in 0.21! I enjoyed gnolls, food streamlining, wand streamlining, training targets, and probably more things I've forgotten. Still need to play Wu Jian some time.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/odds

Won my last species (Mummy) on 17/01/2016.
Won my last background (Arcane Marksman) on 06/09/2016.

For this message the author Odds has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, VeryAngryFelid

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 16:32

I am really liking the new loading screen art!

The slime kitty in particular is awesome. 8-)

For this message the author stoneychips has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 14th May 2018, 07:46

I finally rolled into a Lehudib's Moon Base. Funny cause I was just reading about it the other day after some moon troll leather dropped in Dungeon.

That is just a really, really aesthetically beautiful branch. I won't mind seeing a bit more of that theme played with elsewhere in the game. It just looks amazing!

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 7th June 2018, 11:27

Yay! No more book carrying! I don’t play anything but 0.22 now because of it. Please remove more clutter concerning inventory management.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 18th August 2018, 06:32

:arrow: I'm drunk right now, but crawl is probably the best damn roguelike out there. I think it's reached something close to perfect with the current version, and modulo some skills that I think could be rebalanced, it's the best damn game.

e: spells, I meant spells

e2: we also need two more gods and three more backgrounds
take it easy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd February 2019, 20:56

Thank you Devs, because I don't have to try on every single cloak in Zot any more!
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 12th December 2019, 11:23

Thanks for blowgun removal! Stealth matters again for needle damage and not having to switch weapons is great for my Ashenzarites!

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 14th May 2020, 09:19

Recent console quality of life feature is hugely appreciated. Polearm/wand status now in monster sidebar! Gnolls orc warriors are less annoying now! Thanks so much!

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 17th May 2020, 20:38

le_nerd wrote:Recent console quality of life feature is hugely appreciated. Polearm/wand status now in monster sidebar! Gnolls orc warriors are less annoying now! Thanks so much!

No problem. :-)
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

For this message the author damerell has received thanks:
Shtopit

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 8th June 2020, 15:27

The recent scroll of acquirement changes are nice, and so are the standardization of ring of attributes/evasion. I am not an expert on spellcasters, but the changes to spells seems to make the early game even more harder than it was. Was that the intent besides making the schools more distinct from a design perspective?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 10:07

Thank you for the removal of hunger! Awesome change.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
andrew

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 23rd July 2020, 14:33

Delver is so great! Immediately replaced Assassin as favorite for me. Maybe we can even get "super delver" with even high starting depth?
PreviousNext

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner