Unrandart proposals

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 15th April 2019, 18:34

Unrandart proposals

Since all the cool kids are doing it...

Code:
Blade of the Acrobat (+8 triple sword, fullriposte, *Drain, +5 EV)
The favored weapon of a legendary warrior-entertainer who fought foes man was not meant to fight while juggling objects man was not meant to juggle.

100% chance to riposte while taking acrobat-kosher actions. Riposting with this weapon does not break acrobat conduct.

Code:
Lajatang of Innovation (+7 lajatang of chaos, -CAST, device surge)
Last artifact of a god of progress slain by Zin for unorthodoxy. Its wielders gain proficiency with magical devices at the cost of their own magical reserves.

Surge stacks with and is (far) stronger than MP-powered wands. Unwielding drains your MP. -CAST can be replaced with -WIZ if too severe. Rods out for Pakellas.

Code:
Lehudib's Crystal Arbalest (+8 arbalest of returning, crystallize, +3 Int)
The final result of a collaboration between archwizards Lee and Lehudib. Foes killed by its impact are transfigured into durable but short-lived crystal statues.

Statues are analogous to Glaciate's ice and Recite's salt, and count as crystal for LRD purposes. Returning can be removed if the reference to the old unrand is not worth the confusion.

Code:
Tunic of Nessos (+5 leather armor, +Poison, *Poison)
A tunic infused with the blood of a poisonous hydra, lost aeons ago by the centaur Nessos. So potent is the venom that it may seep to the wearer's body, spells and weapons alike.

All your melee, missile and spell attacks may apply poison in addition to their other effects. Has a chance to poison you on hit, like *Slow and *Corrode.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 15th April 2019, 22:24

Re: Unrandart proposals

Oh fun! Inspired by some weapons I found in-game:

Code:
The demon blade of Louise {+7, elec, int+3, dex+3, fragile}

Code:
Beekiller {+10 Long sword, vamp, rPois}

And something I think might be cool:

Code:
 Cloak of Wucad Mu {-3, Archmagi, Spirit Shield}

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 16th April 2019, 02:01

Code:
+3 Buckler "Maxwell's Battlesphere" {summon Battlesphere, -wiz, MP -9}
Maxwell's automatic offense&defense system. The bead moves itself to prevent an attack. This shoots the beam in response to your magical beam. With minor defects, this works by consuming your soul.

Summon one semi-permanent Battlesphere. It is regenerated after several turns even if destroyed.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 16th April 2019, 13:16

sdynet wrote:
  Code:
+3 Buckler "Maxwell's Battlesphere" {summon Battlesphere, -wiz, MP -9}
Maxwell's automatic offense&defense system. The bead moves itself to prevent an attack. This shoots the beam in response to your magical beam. With minor defects, this works by consuming your soul.

Summon one semi-permanent Battlesphere. It is regenerated after several turns even if destroyed.

I like the idea of another Maxwell item, and a shield would be nice. A bit confused by the flavor text, but that doesn't matter much.

The idea of a pretty big sacrifice for a permanent follower is interesting and could be implemented well, but I feel like this really would only affect spellcasters. -9 MP isn't much either. Am I misinterpreting what -wiz means? Whatever the case, it'd probably require a more universal penalty. Obviously, different builds will be affected differently anyway, but perhaps something more important to most characters would sere better.

Not like I'm much of one to judge.
Relatively new to Crawl, and willing to help development in any way I can.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 24th April 2019, 22:00

-wiz means a spellcasting penalty, it's the opposite effect of a ring of wizardry. That, and the -9MP, are perfectly fine penalties to this since the battlesphere that you get is only useful to casters, so this wouldn't be anything but a plain +3 buckler to characters who don't cast spells.

You might be unfamiliar with battlesphere? I'm assuming the unrand summons the same thing as the spell, it is not a generic summoned ally, it only copies spells you cast.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 25th April 2019, 18:35

tasonir wrote:-wiz means a spellcasting penalty, it's the opposite effect of a ring of wizardry. That, and the -9MP, are perfectly fine penalties to this since the battlesphere that you get is only useful to casters, so this wouldn't be anything but a plain +3 buckler to characters who don't cast spells.

You might be unfamiliar with battlesphere? I'm assuming the unrand summons the same thing as the spell, it is not a generic summoned ally, it only copies spells you cast.

Ah. My critiques seem to be completely invalid. It makes sense now.

Sorry, I'm new. Still a lot about this game I have to learn.
Relatively new to Crawl, and willing to help development in any way I can.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 25th April 2019, 21:41

Code:
Iskenderun's Racket (staff of conjuration, MultiOrb)
Used by Iskernderun theirself to play wizard-tennis.

Can be evoked to produce 1:D(evocations skill)/3 orbs of destruction. The orbs are randomly placed in LOS, and each orb targets the closest monster to it.

Code:
Helm of Anisotropy (+2 helmet, run NW)

Acts like boots of running, but only when moving northwest. Stacks with boots of running.

EDIT: and a few to bring out mechanics that I do not understand:

Code:
Shield of GDR (-15 shield, GDR)

No actual shielding but increases your GDR

Code:
Fancy scarf (scarf, fidget)
A scarf with colorful tassles that you can fidget with

Can be evoked at no cost to do nothing... extremely quickly! This counts as a player action for batty monsters, and can be used to make your friendly harpies move around faster.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner