[God Concept] Baeldr: The Dragon Emperor

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 17:38

[God Concept] Baeldr: The Dragon Emperor

Not a concrete idea, brainstorming; also building off of someone else's older idea and one of my own (other gods that allow worship from few races that start with B, showing up instead of Beogh in Overview for those races)) with new notes from how fun the poison cloud breath mutation is.

Baldroco: The Dragon Emperor

Flavour: Worshipers seek to become the most perfect dragon they can; pushing beyond their draconian lineage and into true serpenthood.

Joining:
  • Only allows worship from Draconians.
  • Not a Temple God and found slightly deeper than Temple gods.
    • To prevent being only available stupidly late, would have a mid-lair vault, much like a normal overflow vault guaranteed.
  • Considered Evil by the Good Gods.

Passives:
  • Upgrades your natural scales: Double AC from natural scales mutation. Additionally:
    • Red Draconians gain an additional rF+ for rF++.
    • White Draconians gain additional rC+ for rC++
    • Green Draconians gain rRot.
    • Yellow Draconians gain immunity to Corr debuff.
    • Black Draconians gain rAir (immunity to Airstrike) and permaflight.
    • Grey Draconians gain rN+.
    • Purple Draconians gain rMut.
    • Pale Draconians gain rCloud (Immunity to Clouds of all types).
  • You become hasted upon being overheated. (Fire hit for 10+% of your HP has a chance, 40+% guaranteed). [Opposite of the Cold Damage Slowing.]
  • Basic Life Saving (Same as Beogh and Good God's Passive).

Actives:
  • Empower Breath (Instant): Costs nothing to activate the instant and it stays active until deactivated. While active your natural breath ability is significantly upgraded, but costs piety in addition to breath. This is always to a bolt, which leaves clouds, element varying with specific race (Grey is Metal Splinters with Sandstorm clouds, Pale is Water (Physical + Drown) with it's normal Steam Clouds). Added power scales with Invo.
  • Coat Weapon (Small Piety, 3-5 MP) - Your wielded weapon gains additional damage matching your breath type.
  • Summon Serpents (Medium Piety, 5-7 MP): Calls snakes and Drakes (Not Full Dragons, only Drakes). Amount and quality of summons scales with invo.
  • True Dragon Form (High Piety, 7-9 MP) -
    Your normal scales + additional {rF+ rC+ rN+ rPois rElec} 1.5-2x HP (depending on Invo), Cloud Cone breath (odds of best clouds depend on Invo) and a ring of flames-like natural ring of clouds. Melee uses best weapon skill.
[/list]

God Gifts:
  • Gives Cloaks and Scarves.

Again: Note that this is a brainstorm and not exactly in detail.
Last edited by bcadren on Wednesday, 26th April 2017, 20:02, edited 2 times in total.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 20:23

Re: [God Concept] Baldroco: Protector of Serpents

Being limited to only two playable races more or less means it won't get into crawl, but then if you let everyone do it you can't have specific scales effects based on the current race. You could just give everyone a scales effect to simplify the proposal, but hey. Doubling scales AC is also very, very strong.

With haste being removed I don't think letting people haste on demand with ring of flames is going to be balanced.

I generally like the rest but again I'm afraid a 2 race god isn't likely to be added.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 21:21

tasonir wrote:Being limited to only two playable races more or less means it won't get into crawl
*parks & rec theme plays*
Beogh Makes It Into Crawl

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
luckless, ZipZipskins

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 21:23

Best thing about this proposal is it might show how dumb Beogh is.

Clarification: this god is way cooler than Beogh and the main thematic flaws with it are the same as Beogh's.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 22:23

I mean, Beogh is more or less grandfathered in, but yeah. Honestly I think Beogh is interesting and should remain, but just be allowed for all races. I know some people hate the ally play, but it is definitely a unique play style. I'm glad to have done it twice, may one day do a third win, but it's not a god I'm going to use often, since non-ally play is simpler and faster.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 20th April 2017, 11:47

The spell interactions I like even if they are hilariously overpowered.

Not so much the rest of this.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 26th April 2017, 20:25

Re: [God Concept] Baeldr: The Dragon Emperor

redrafted, mostly just took out nagas and the poison interaction with a few other tweaks.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 26th April 2017, 21:17

duvessa wrote:
tasonir wrote:Being limited to only two playable races more or less means it won't get into crawl
*parks & rec theme plays*
Beogh Makes It Into Crawl
you mean the always sunny theme right? otherwise, +1

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 27th April 2017, 16:36

Re: [God Concept] Baeldr: The Dragon Emperor

I like your ideas, it seems you've put some time into it to make a cohesive theme. Thanks for sharing.
But.
It's way overpowered. Like through the roof.
IMO, just having "Double AC from natural scales mutation" would be already a decent choice, power-wise, for draconians. They wouldn't need more help than this. I'm not saying this should be the final draft of your god, I'm only showing, through an example, how crazy strong your god is.
Anyhow, don't be disheartened, I'm sure you'll eventually get the right recipe.
make food great again

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner