Boniface, God of Ignorance: Take 2

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, 16:30

Boniface, God of Ignorance: Take 2

Code:
If you don't know who you are, you don't know what you can't.

Code:
 Welcome back! Boniface rumbles: "What wisdom? Who the hell are you?"

Boniface is an ancient God who disappeared immediately after creation, because he didn't know any better and fell headlong into a mole hole. There he still is to be found; his hole is a pilgrimage site, and his most loyal followers choose their own hole in which to meditate about their god's fate.
Boniface allows you to forget the boundaries of your race.

* = Mutations touching you now are taken from both the standard and the racial exclusive lists (like breath mutations, wings and so on). Undead can change form.
** = "It sorta fits": you can now use all armour, even if it shouldn't be available to your race.
*** = You can now use all weapons, even if they shouldn't be available to your race.
**** = "I'm forgettable": for a piety cost, you can erase the memory of you from opponents which are pursuing you but don't have you in sight. They then stop pursuing, returning to normal movement pattern you until you make yourself known again.
***** = Boniface now gifts you random crap of all kinds. You can now use all items and eat all food.
****** = "Please ignore me": At a HP and heavy piety cost, all monsters stop caring for you until you perform an aggressive action or the time runs out. They get a save based on MR, however at high Invo this ability has a chance to affect even magic immune monsters.

Wrath: heavy drain, summoning a bunch of neqoxec, suddenly making you very self-conscious and restricting you to small weapons, that sort of things.

Boniface likes it when you see new places.

Why I like it:
Boniface would change the way a PC plays in a significant way, giving both passive and active abilities that can benefit anyone. I also think that it's fun.

Where are the problems:
It is very game changing. It means a felid in full plate that can do anything a common human can (and actually more, since it can wield a big club). It's the opposite of challenge races. But I don't think it's THAT powerful, compared to HP on kills. It might be somewhat flattening.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, 20:58

Re: Boniface, God of Ignorance: Take 2

The active abilities are interesting and might make good hexes spells or a nice active ability for Dithmenos or something (as part of the "make spell-less stabbers viable" campaign that doesn't exist but should).

The passives will make balancing harder and will only be interesting where they are totally broken (otherwise you can already get most of the gameplay experience by rolling a human).

For this message the author phloomp has received thanks:
Shtopit

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 24th November 2016, 00:57

Re: Boniface, God of Ignorance: Take 2

Before thinking of felids in heavy plate, my mind went immediately to centaur/naga bardings for all. Which is a significant boost, but would be fine as a god power. Octopodes in plate are probably the biggest outlier, having full armor slots and 8 rings would kind of break the game, to be honest. Not to mention you'd have a rather long list of gear on the "%" screen :P

Honestly the biggest flaw I can see with how it's set up is that it doesn't really do much at all for normal races - Why would you worship this on a human, a high elf, or minotaur? Sure the minotaur could use a helmet, but really? Is that a big deal? The god doesn't really do all that much for you. But then, what if you're an octopode? Instant game changer, more powerful than any other god. Why worship anything else when you can get constriction, 8 rings, and a plate armor/helmet/boots/gloves/cloaks back?

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Shtopit

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner