tstbtto

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 07:48

tstbtto

It's starting to get ridiculous,

For this message the author removeelyvilon has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Leszczynek

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 07:54

Re: tstbtto

OP did you have a stroke while writing the thread title
take it easy

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 07:58

This could be one of the finest contributions to GDD. If only we could decipher the true meaning! I am fine with shouting, but what is b?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 08:00

That's starting to be too.....tough online?
tragic offline? Are you okay OP?
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
and into

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 08:09

You haven't heard about it? Oh well, glad that your souls got spared by this martyrdom.

tstbtto is a robot who haunts cXc and FLOODS it with ghosts, you'll get at least 3+ in every game you play; I had 9 in the same game once.

You HAVE to adjust your build for the 100% guaranteed encounter with that abomination or switch server (but i's also on other servers so nobody is safe)

Spare yourselves the stupid commentaries about nobody never dying to nothing because you can run from speed 10 monsters blah blah blah shoot me in the head please

Could you finally do something about this GRIEFER? Yes, you heard that right, it's nothing else but GRIEFING

Or finally remove player ghosts altogether and everyone is happy! There was 0 reasons to keep them and you're usually not that hesistant before pulling the trigger!

Forgive me for being mildly annoyed, but I can't help it, I'mmmm not suuuuuperrr humaannnnn

Oh and by "adjust" I mean play Mi of Trog every single game

For this message the author removeelyvilon has received thanks: 5
and into, duvessa, mopl, qwesdf, ydeve

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 08:22

BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD,
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks: 2
and into, PleasingFungus

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 12:07

Is this someone's high school science project?
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 16:54

It's not as bad on CAO or CBRO, but CXC doesn't have nearly as many people on it, so that bot, literally playing constantly without stopping, is creating a ridiculously large amount of ghosts for that server.

Limiting ghosts based on them all being from the same name doesn't make sense, because people play offline, and pick different (or the same) names arbitrarily. But I can see how annoying it would get seeing the exact same line in every game 'The ghost of tstbtto comes into view.' and then, because it's a ghost, having to v over it because their difficulty (and really everything) is so variable and inconsistent. I've heard others on the server complaining/talking about it as well.

I am surprised there isn't more consistency with ghost spawning, for a few reasons.. The fact you can just play on an emptier server online (if there's no bots on it), or offline play just reinstall the game or delete morgues, playing undead, etc, actions that should have nothing to do with the difficulty of future games, can actually affect how many ghosts spawn? That doesn't fit with crawl, imo, even if they usually don't have a large impact.

Is there a limit on how many ghosts spawn in a game, or how many ghosts on the same level, or really close to each other? Personally, I don't mind ghosts that much, so I'll let others argue as to whether they should be removed.. But I really doubt if they were removed it would really make any meaningful difference to the game..

But I do feel there should be more consistently.

If ghosts do continue to be in the game, imo, they should spawn (based on whatever random factors) regardless of whether there is a morgue(?) file for it to spawn with. Meaning sometimes they'll be player ghosts, and other times they'll be non player ghosts. The non player ghosts would probably have some randomness. And along with making ghosts a bit more consistent, lower their spawn rate, since you'll know they will be spawning consistently in every game anyway. Level out the spawning a bit so you're not getting multiple ghosts on one floor, or a ghost on three floors in a row, of the exact same person, over and over again.. Or at least make it a lot less likely.

Basically what I'm saying is.. My solution to the ghost problem, is adding a ghost.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 17:12

I would love an rcfile option that prevents your deaths from leaving ghosts.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 17:40

At any rate bots shouldn't leave ghosts, they play too fast/too much. But I don't see why the same option should be extended to humans.

Why? I like that games of crawl vary, sometimes significantly. It's part of the fun. I would hate it if a lot of effort were put in to making sure that every game gets the same challenges and opportunities for the sake of consistency. I know people who care about streaking and winrate may feel differently, but IMO the reason those are interesting stats anyway (insofar as they even are) is because they show the player is able to adapt to the variability.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 18:02

andreas wrote:

At any rate bots shouldn't leave ghosts, they play too fast/too much. But I don't see why the same option should be extended to humans.

Why? I like that games of crawl vary, sometimes significantly. It's part of the fun. I would hate it if a lot of effort were put in to making sure that every game gets the same challenges and opportunities for the sake of consistency. I know people who care about streaking and winrate may feel differently, but IMO the reason those are interesting stats anyway (insofar as they even are) is because they show the player is able to adapt to the variability.

It's fine for there to be rare monsters, or randomized monsters, and variety or whatever. But like I said above, if you can change what you do outside of the game, and that has an impact on the type of monsters that spawn for your game, it doesn't really fit crawl's way of doing things imo. The fact that you play only undead in past games shouldn't effect spawning of a certain monster type your future, completely unrelated games.

That said, ghosts are a very unique mechanic in the game, so although my suggestion wouldn't entirely fix the 'past games effecting future games' issue, I feel like it alleviates the impact a bit, while still keeping the uniqueness of the player ghost mechanics. Removing ghosts entirely would fix that issue, though, but I don't see that happening. Ghosts and corpse eating are just roguelike staples.

For this message the author Dracunos has received thanks:
duvessa

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 10th July 2016, 18:11

Arrhythmia wrote:That's starting to be too.....tough online?

Yeah, apparently. You actually called it!

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 00:43

It doesn't seem to be a griefer. It has won 43 games. The thing is, it has played 7113 of them, so it leaves a lot of ghosts.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 08:55

It's funny when it leaves ghosts faster than you clear the floors, so each next floor you have a fresh one.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 13:52

I agree on bots not leaving ghosts. I'd ask for bots to only leave a maximum of 10 ghosts per day. This could actually be expanded to all online players.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 14:48

Maybe someone needs to make a counter bot that plays until it finds a ghost and then ^qyes

We can name it Egon.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 5
and into, Arrhythmia, duvessa, Lasty, yesno

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 18:10

Have it play Fo and shaft itself repeatedly until it dies

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 18:37

Dracunos wrote:I am surprised there isn't more consistency with ghost spawning, for a few reasons.. The fact you can just play on an emptier server online (if there's no bots on it).

I play old versions a fair bit, so when I have a good game I'm likely to encounter a lot of self ghosts:

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/rast/ ... 051319.txt
Killed:
The ghost of rast the Warrior, a mighty SpAM of Gozag (Snake:5)
The ghost of rast the Brawler, a powerful TrMo of Ru (Lair:8)
The ghost of rast the Slinger, an experienced SpAM of Gozag (D:10)
The ghost of rast the Ruffian, an average TrMo (D:6)
The ghost of PollenGolem the Shield-Bearer, an average FoFi (D:15)
The ghost of rast the Ruffian, a weakling TrMo (D:3)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 20:57

Is that bot at least getting good at the game?
You shall never see my color again.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 23:49

Rast wrote:I play old versions a fair bit, so when I have a good game I'm likely to encounter a lot of self ghosts:

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/rast/ ... 051319.txt
Killed:

Huh. Why are you playing .16/old versions? I'm just curious.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 12th July 2016, 02:04

Easier to win.
Less annoying bullshit.
Less corrosion.
Throwing is OP
evocations is OP. More so than currently, that is.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
andreas

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 12th July 2016, 18:20

dynast wrote:Is that bot at least getting good at the game?

It usually dies between XL 10 and 12.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2016, 19:03

removeelyvilon wrote:It's starting to get ridiculous

That's from a recent game of 4thArra which I already mentioned in Famous last words (after 4thArra refused to telep away when he was in danger because of antaeus):

3504 | D:9 | Noticed tstbtto's ghost (journeyman MiFi)
3507 | D:9 | Banished tstbtto's ghost

4059 | D:10 | Noticed tstbtto's ghost (novice MiFi)
4106 | D:10 | Banished tstbtto's ghost

15048 | Swamp:4 | Noticed tstbtto's ghost (adept MiFi)
[...]
15060 | Swamp:4 | jacquesderrida: TEE ESS TEE BEATER'S GOST
15061 | Swamp:4 | timbw: oooh
15063 | Swamp:4 | timbw: do you get that bug
15067 | Swamp:4 | Killed tstbtto's ghost

26248 | Depths:1 | Noticed tstbtto's ghost (adept MiFi)
26298 | Depths:1 | Killed tstbtto's ghost
[...]
26312 | Depths:1 | Turgon: This bot leaves thousands of ghosts
26313 | Depths:1 | 4thArraOfDagon: i already have sent 3 to abyss in this game :D
26313 | Depths:1 | Turgon: lol

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2016, 19:30

I learned dispel undead specifically just to destroy these ghosts. 7-10 castings will do the trick...

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 13th July 2016, 21:21

tstbtto

Nah tstbtto is a nice guy he was helping me just yesterday, I asked him why he does it and he replied "for fun" how could you hate this

For this message the author CypherZel has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner