Thinking about the new race and god

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 30th May 2016, 00:39

Thinking about the new race and god

Recently I'm thinking about the new god and race.

New god's concept is the 'serpent god', and only serpent species (Naga, Draconian, and my imaginary new race) can worship.
But I couldn't think about his/her ability and characteristics. Poison related ability seems weak and dull (at late game.).
What I only could think was he/she would be a evil god because there are so many neutral gods in recent updates.

And my new race is also a serpent species.
Like Argonians in Elder scroll series who have a time-honoured religion of 'Hist',
they have deep faith in serpent god, so they always start with that religion, except zealot background guys.

But this idea seems too chimerical and empty, so l'd rather design my previous race first :|

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 30th May 2016, 14:56

Re: Thinking about the new race and god

Im all up for those big boobed argonians from skyrim.
You shall never see my color again.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st June 2016, 00:06

Re: Thinking about the new race and god

Nothing wrong with the concept so far, it's just going to need a lot more details and specifics really. One thing I do want to say though is that crawl generally doesn't want to force a race to play with one god - that hurts replayability - people should be able to pair the race with any god they want to. You can look at hill orcs as an example - they have their own god that only they can worship, but they don't start with Beogh. There is a unique mechanic for them to convert to Beogh when they encounter an orc priest, but it's never forced on them.

Also a lot of people don't really like the concept of a one race god (or two or three), so while Beogh is grandfathered in, it might be an uphill battle to suggest another race-limited god. I mean, Cheibriados even accepts spriggans :)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Morrneyo

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner