God proposal: Saarinen, God of Tables

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 03:43

God proposal: Saarinen, God of Tables

@duvessa, this is for you

OK, so one of the things I really miss about Crawl is having tables and other furniture. I don't think they belong as a dungeon feature for everyone (tables would be pretty powerful) but maybe it could be a God?

So I propose: Saarinen, God of Tables. Bedford likes having the dungeon neat and tidy, and in exchange for your work, he'll give you access to tables and all the power they possess.

Appreciates: Putting items on tables, using tables to kill monsters.

Dislikes: Dropping items on the floor (piety loss), abandonment.

Powers:

*:
Create table (Passive): Randomly, create a table somewhere in LOS. Any item dropped on the square with the table will go on to the table instead of the floor. Can't be used if there is already a table in LOS. Dropping items on the table will give piety, but only once per item.

**:
Table Attraction (passive): Any items dropped while a table is in LoS will go fly to the table. This includes fired ammunition. Monsters who are in the path of flying items will be hit for damage, scaling with invocations.

***:
Table Flip (5 MP, 3-5 piety): Flip a table, destroying it. All items on the table will fly off, damaging nearby monsters and destroying the items. Can be used while berserk!

****:
Dance on the Table (5 MP, 5-8 piety): While standing on a table, you dance for up to 5 + 1d(Invocations) turn). Any monsters who can see may be charmed (chance rolls invocations vs HD) and while charmed, can't take actions except to move towards the player or attack in melee. They may just watch for a turn.

*****:

TOWER OF TABLE (10 MP, 10-15 piety): All tables in LoS immediately become immovable pillars for 3 + 1d(Invocations)/7 turns. Table pillars can't be moved through or fired through, though they can be dug. Monsters standing on the table take heavy damage and will be shoved aside. If the player is on a table, the table won't become a pillar. Items on tables will be destroyed.

******:

Tablegeddeon (10 MP, 20-30 piety, draining): All tables on the level are instantly teleported to your LoS. Items on the table explode; exploding items have branded explosions based on their properties -- rF or {Fire} gear explodes in fire, {Distort} gear makes distortion clouds, and so on. Exploding books cast a random spell. The player is put on a special protective table for one turn to shield from all the explosions.

When winning, Saarinen says "Hey, thanks for getting that Orb; I'll put it on this TABLE"

ok i'm done now
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks:
Sar

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 04:08

Re: God proposal: Saarinen, God of Tables

I move that we table this issue

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 04:52

OH SNAP

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 05:37

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 06:10

For a neat and tidy god, his power have lot in common with chaos and destruction
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 14:56

Well, he always tries to be neat and tidy and controlled, but sometimes his emotions get the best of him. It's like The Hulk, except also making furniture and liking it when people put things on it.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 19:15

This is the best post ever, and also you should be the director of the Hulk.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 21:04

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 21:35

njvack wrote:Well, he always tries to be neat and tidy and controlled, but sometimes his emotions get the best of him. It's like The Hulk, except also making furniture and liking it when people put things on it.

I just realized that this is pretty much the plot of Magic Mike.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks: 2
archaeo, dynast

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 20th January 2016, 21:43

Tower of Table should also render you unable to understand what monsters are saying for the rest of the floor.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 00:24

milski wrote:Tower of Table should also render you unable to understand what monsters are saying for the rest of the floor.

Subtle. Very subtle.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner