Plant Boss Form Lvl 8 Poison/Transmutations

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 3rd January 2016, 22:14

Plant Boss Form Lvl 8 Poison/Transmutations

Lvl 8 Poison/Transmutations
Cleaving Attack/melee range
Reaching Attack/non cleave
2 Vine Arms (Summon Forest's Dryad's Awaken Forest based, similar to Demonic Gateway's Tentacle, you take damage upon their death like spectral weapon)
Cannot Move
rTorm
rPois
Breath Corrosive Cloud
Regen++++++++
Spellpower Enhancer to Poison Spells

100%+HP
Medium AC
Low EV

EDIT (forgot):
Attack Brand: Spore. Monsters afflicted with spore create a mutagenic explosion upon death. Spore Mutagenic explosion spreads spores.
Breath Attack: Breath Spores. Afflicts affected creatures with spores.
Immunity to Mutation and Mutagenic Explosions
Last edited by edgefigaro on Sunday, 3rd January 2016, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author edgefigaro has received thanks:
runewalsh

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 3rd January 2016, 22:24

Re: Plant Boss Form Lvl 8 Poison/Transmutations

I want this... Now that Hydra Form heads do not regrow, I need a form for V:5
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 4th January 2016, 04:47

For this message the author Croases has received thanks: 2
Sar, Sprucery

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 4th January 2016, 04:50

I'm assuming this is joke. Seems far too powerful hah. All the spore is like what Fedhas's ultimate (reproduction) is meant to be; though reproduction needs some work.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 4th January 2016, 06:53

Refine the idea a little bit more and try posting it in GDD. I think the general idea of an unmoving transmutation with vines could be really cool, but you might want to elaborate on the purpose and what goal its trying to fulfill, as well as balance it out a bit.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 4th January 2016, 17:15

Idea is a fun novelty form that is a decent use for brilliance potions in a 3 rune because it is too hard to actually get castable otherwise. It is also a poison spell that crushes tomb, which I like in concept. Does not have much point in pan and hell as it cannot move (well, any more or less that necromut does).

Can be built into as a transmuter (UC), or as a poison spellcaster.

I'm tempted to give it -rF for flavor reasons, which is probably reasonable. It is supposed to play like an emplaced siege engine, and -rF means you don't want to use it in zot without art jewellry, which is the place you really want to play an emplaced siege engine.

Balance is all sorts of squirly. Kinda just threw it together based flavor. Example: Breath Corrosive Cloud.

If the novelty is amusing enough but it doesn't have a place as a spell, it could become a single use 6* fedhas special ability without having any real impacts on balance or play. Just a small reward for playing fedhas.

Finally, this is mostly a just for fun CYC thread.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 4th January 2016, 19:22

This spell is actually stupidly strong, not to mention not being able to move doesnt matter much when you have vine arms that can pull anything. But the main thing that makes it strong is the Regen++++++++ and Breath Corrosive Cloud, there are very few monsters that can resist corrosion and the ones who cant get annihilated by it.
You shall never see my color again.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 5th January 2016, 02:09

If we are taking this seriously; the old -kraken- form proposal is much more reasonable. Small puddle of water; tentacles, some regen. No rTorm, rN+++ and corrosion nonsense.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 5th January 2016, 05:23

Breath Corrosive Cloud is the major offender for broken-ness. I am really more interested in the spore explosion mechanic, and the abilities overlap. As such, corrosive cloud is dropped.

I wonder how Spore Mutagenic Explosion could be balanced ((4d6?)(2d10?)(3d15?)(1d40?) I don't know what these numbers mean at this point in the game. Add mutated effect on top?)

Regen is significantly dropped to +++

Lvl 8 Poison/Transmutations
Cleaving Attack/melee range
Reaching Attack/non cleave
2 Vine Arms (Summon Forest's Dryad's Awaken Forest based, similar to Demonic Gateway's Tentacle, you take damage upon their death like spectral weapon)
Cannot Move
rTorm
Immunity to Poison
Spellpower Enhancer to Poison Spells
Regen+++
100%+HP
Medium AC
Low EV

Attack Brand: Spore. Monsters afflicted with spore create a mutagenic explosion upon death. Spore Mutagenic explosion spreads spores.
Breath Attack: Breath Spores. Afflicts affected creatures with spores.
Immunity to Mutation and Mutagenic Explosions

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 5th January 2016, 07:29

Spore is probably over the top; not to mention spore already has a meaning with Fedhas; it's a powerful one. It's a LRD-type (3d15) explosion that confuses everything except non-living and undead within its radius. Wandering Mushroom melee (Confuses everything) is also branded as "Spore" [it's called Confuse in the monData, but when they melee in game the flavour stated is spore). Heavy use of confusion could work for this form; though it might be kinda broken. Malmutate explosions are also powerful (irresistible and -10% HD, -4 AC).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner