Spell idea: Boiling Blood

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 21:42

Spell idea: Boiling Blood

Boiling Blood - Fire/Transmutations - 4 - "You superheat your flesh." Grants {rF+}. When you are hit in melee; there's a chance that the creature that hit you will be "Scalded by a spray of boiling blood." which deals d(spellpower/8) damage that ignores AC, but checks rF. Chance depends on spellpower and damage received. Minimum 10%. Max (at one damage received and 200 spellpower) 35%. If damage is more than 1/3 of your max HP, it always procs. Boiling Blood is mutually exclusive with (Ozo's Armour, Cigotuvi's Embrace, Stoneskin) and cannot be used by the undead.

Spell would replace Inner Flame in the Book of Flames. Inner Flame would move to Book of Fire and remain in Book of Debilitation.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 21:47

Re: Spell idea: Boiling Blood

I like the spell, the thing I don't like is you propose it replaced inner flame, which is a fantastic FE spell, although I know I am frequently disagreed with on that point.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 22:24

Siegurt wrote:I like the spell, the thing I don't like is you propose it replaced inner flame, which is a fantastic FE spell, although I know I am frequently disagreed with on that point.
Inner Flame is great in combination with Animate Skeleton, or Ignite Poison...poison conjurations. ranged weapons. On an FE though I don't think it's particularly strong.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 22:35

Conjure flame lets you keep wimpy critters at bay that you can inner flame and blow up, if you have a tougher critter that you know you can't kill with the initial damage of a sticky flame, but will kill with dot, you can inner flame it and walk away and watch it blow up its buddies (sticky flame damage is always done before the monsters move)

And of course all the ways you just mentioned increase its utility.

It is certainly as strong if not stronger in the FE starting book than it is in the AM starting book.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 02:11

I like the idea of the spell, but with very little downside it would frequently be used just for the rF.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 16:23

This should be a repel-missiles-esque toggle; you cast it once, then each time it procs it has a chance to dissipate
  Code:
You feel the last traces of fire leave your veins

Edit: I know devs keep threatening to rework charms, but they've been doing that for 3 versions or so. I'm content with incremental revision till then. We just shouldn't add even more annoying-to-use-optimally spells because they suck to balance.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner