what was your halloween costume

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 1st November 2015, 10:37

what was your halloween costume

for halloween i dressed up as a useless piece of shit that stayed home all day

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 6
archaeo, dynast, Hirsch I, Laraso, n1000, nago

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 1st November 2015, 14:05

Re: what was your halloween costume

I was too busy playing crawl and having only friends who work 50 hours weeks to even notice it was Halloween.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 1st November 2015, 21:04

It might be shocking, but a great percentage of Tavern poster are not Americans.

For this message the author Magipi has received thanks:
nago

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 1st November 2015, 21:14

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 1st November 2015, 22:58

Magipi wrote:It might be shocking, but a great percentage of Tavern poster are not Americans.
halloween costumes existed centuries before the colonies did...

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 03:30

I grew a beard and then shaved it down to a mustache. I was a real adult for halloween with a mustache. In any case, I have several children in my basement. Anyone want one?
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 03:39

Magipi wrote:It might be shocking, but a great percentage of Tavern poster are not Americans.

If I am not mistaken most Crawlers are indeed American.

And, yeah, dressing up has been around forever. :roll:
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 06:59

I dressed up as an authoritarian, anti-freedom-of-expression SJW and chastised all the children for their insensitive costumes while eating all of their candy.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 08:16

daggaz wrote:I dressed up as an authoritarian, anti-freedom-of-expression SJW and chastised all the children for their insensitive costumes while eating all of their candy.
nice redditor costume, but it's november 2...

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 3
daggaz, Hirsch I, Lasty

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 13:53

daggaz wrote:I dressed up as an authoritarian, anti-freedom-of-expression SJW and chastised all the children for their insensitive costumes while eating all of their candy.

Halloween is a great time to talk about imaginary boogums, but would you believe that there are a few people who are actually scared of "social justice warriors"? Real teenagers and adults whimpering, "Please no, social justice warriors, don't steal my precious candy and judge me!"

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 14:17

Openly mocking somebody for their anti-American BS is hardly living in fear.. ;)

Barkeep

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 16:14

I'll tell you guys what. I won't lock this thread in response to a report if everybody promises to just let the ess jay double-u issue drop. It would also be real cool if we could also table the topic of Americentrism, which is also an issue I bet duvessa wasn't expecting to talk about when posting a thread titled "what was your halloween costume."

It's totally fine if we want to have a substantive, civil discussion about, say, American cultural imperialism (or beneficent global philanthropy), or the degree to which those advocating for social justice defeat themselves with inflammatory rhetoric (or are unfairly maligned by reactionaries). But literally none of this looks like the beginning of a substantive, civil discussion. Instead, it looks like several people are making what they believe are funny jokes, only they've quickly discovered that not everyone shares their sense of humor regarding hot-button political issues. It's hard to make funny political jokes!

So, let's just cut this one off at the pass, ok?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 16:47

archaeo wrote:It's hard to make funny jokes political!

FTFY

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 16:58

Returning to the original topic... I dressed up as babysitter+husband extraordinaire and managed to get my wife a nap, a candlelit dinner, and half a day of complete peace from the baby. Best Halloween ever. ;)
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 17:14

Criticism was met with a report to the authorities in an attempt at censorship? WOW what a surprise.

I dressed up as superman.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 17:24

Am I the only one that could have potentially dressed up as my own username?

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 17:34

In theory Halloween is my favorite holiday...in actuality...I've never really done anything for it.

Excluding that time I went to a Samhain event with a coven...but that's not really Halloween; it's a completely different holiday on the same day.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 20:29

Pollen_Golem wrote:Am I the only one that could have potentially dressed up as my own username?

No.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 20:39

No, but seriously, I'm still trying to get rid of these kids.

For this message the author Greyr has received thanks:
Sar

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 20:52

I dressed up as a guy who lost a bet, at least thats what people thought.
You shall never see my color again.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 2nd November 2015, 22:49

Pollen_Golem wrote:Am I the only one that could have potentially dressed up as my own username?

I could have!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 00:17

dynast wrote:I dressed up as a guy who lost a bet, at least thats what people thought.

And this bet was?

As for myself, I didn't really prepare a costume, and was dressed as I usually do - nice button down shirt, but with jeans. So sort of half dressy, half not. I was then informed that this was unacceptable, and that I had to take off my pants to be tom cruise from risky business (you can google risky business and this one scene generally comes up first, but if you want to be more specific, "risky business dance scene" will get it too). So I was the guy in a dress shirt and boxers. I didn't go full tighty whities. Although I threatened to, I never did end up actually humping the couch either. After a few hours I ended up putting my pants back on.

The second explanation for the party was that I was "Tim", who is a good friend of ours who will show up to a party with pants, but then often remove them late in the night and just go around in his boxers. This generally comes across as funny and not creepy, not sure how he pulls that off (he does have a girlfriend, and doesn't really hit on anyone, so I guess it's non-threatening).

I'm not sure if describing the cuddle puddle and groping at the party would be considered on or off topic. That isn't really a costume, after all. Side note: why do 80% of girl's costumes basically boil down to corset? That's rhetorical, I suppose, I know the answer ;)

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 00:44

tasonir wrote:I'm not sure if describing the cuddle puddle and groping at the party would be considered on or off topic.

On topic.

Definitely on topic.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 01:18

actually I was planning to dress up as Iji, and I had that idea like 8 months ago, but then I pretty much just totally forgot halloween existed for all of october until the 28th, so I hadn't bought the necessary stuff. I could have gotten the pants and wig quickly enough, but not the custom shirt I needed. So I stayed home instead.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 02:30

I was going to put on cats ears and a tail and go as a cat-person, but I felt miserable the whole day so I stayed home instead.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner