Prettiest terminal emulator for DCSS?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 7th September 2014, 01:44

Prettiest terminal emulator for DCSS?

Hey guys! I've been using Ubuntu's default Gnome Terminal with the Monospace 12pt font for as long as I can remember. I really like Monospace's simple look and the colors are not jarring.

Do y'all have any suggestions for terminals and color schemes on Linux that make DCSS look good? I could just Google terminal reviews, but they would not have roguelikes in mind. As I understand it, most terminals are geared towards legibility and lessening eye strain, and those are not necessarily the same criteria I would use for Crawl.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 7th September 2014, 09:50

Re: Prettiest terminal emulator for DCSS?

I'm using a rxvt-unicode terminal with the font Anonymous Pro (Screenshot). I don't remember where I got the colorscheme, I could dig that up from my Xresources if it is of any interest.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 7th September 2014, 13:54

Re: Prettiest terminal emulator for DCSS?

Nice, that's a good lookin' font! That's the type of color scheme I'm looking for - nothing too garish.

This is what my current setup looks like. I generally play fullscreen and alt+tab to change windows.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner