Random

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 03:59

Random

Curious question: Is there a reason that enemy spriggans tend to have shields or quarterstaves, while player spriggans are bad with both of those? [Just seems like a weird incongruency from a flavour standpoint and I don't particularly see the gameplay reason.]

Don't bring back bone shards.

If you want to limit the number of corpses people carry, you could just make rot act faster.

Are large rocks enough more powerful than Javelins to justify the need for a special limit? I mean only large races can use them already and they have significant disadvantages too.

EDIT:
What if you autocombined wands? (Two wands of Hasting become one with charges added); reduce the possibility of getting to the inventory cap, I mean. You shouldn't need to ever get that close, but it happens on a lot of character types. Alternatively never spawning some of the weaker wands might fix the inventory cap woes...

...Not hitting the cap is why reforming fruit is important (make Fedhas a hell of a lot less annoying).

EDIT 2:
Replace lightweight fruit with 'berry' and heavy fruit with 'fruit'. keep the flavour at random like pizza slices...

COULD make it so spellbooks are non-physical. (remove the option to destroy the spellbook to forget the spell or take them with you in order to throw and burn if of Trog)...instead you just get a permanent list of spells you have access to (added when you pick up the book...

...or scratch the first part they can become non-physical by reading them, but while they are unopened they are trog-usable. (using (r)ead on a spellbook destroys it but adds the spells to a pool that you can memorize from).

...have to make amnesia a little more common though...just a little.

Edit 3:
Could make separate inventory menus for each command...you want to wield something? Here are 52 slots of weapons. Want to wear something? 52 slots of armour. You'd never actually fill
it up, but...it would remove the annoyance of their being a cap...and stash management etc.
Last edited by bcadren on Friday, 9th May 2014, 04:18, edited 2 times in total.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 04:12

Re: Random

You know, you don't have to post a thread every time you come up with an idea.

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 04:33

bcadren wrote:Curious question: Is there a reason that enemy spriggans tend to have shields or quarterstaves, while player spriggans are bad with both of those? [Just seems like a weird incongruency from a flavour standpoint and I don't particularly see the gameplay reason.]

Spriggans are not "bad" with either of those. Lajatang is the best possible weapon a spriggan can find!!

For this message the author TheDefiniteArticle has received thanks:
Sar

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 04:41

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
bcadren wrote:Curious question: Is there a reason that enemy spriggans tend to have shields or quarterstaves, while player spriggans are bad with both of those? [Just seems like a weird incongruency from a flavour standpoint and I don't particularly see the gameplay reason.]

Spriggans are not "bad" with either of those. Lajatang is the best possible weapon a spriggan can find!!
Highest Dam of the stuff they can wield? It's their worst Apt was my primary thought in that.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 05:05

those aren't random ideas. random ideas are if you proposed a unique hippogryphs with cpr certification and wear custom tailored butter churners football helmets with fireworks that wields soup pie whistle blade wheel tommyguns

EDIT 1:

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Dev. You listen to him. The dev's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 3
archaeo, Arrhythmia, duvessa

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 05:26

twelwe wrote:those aren't random ideas. random ideas are if you proposed a unique hippogryphs with cpr certification and wear custom tailored butter churners football helmets with fireworks that wields soup pie whistle blade wheel tommyguns

Pizza tornado?
take it easy

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 05:52

twelwe wrote:those aren't random ideas. random ideas are if you proposed a unique hippogryphs with cpr certification and wear custom tailored butter churners football helmets with fireworks that wields soup pie whistle blade wheel tommyguns

Markov chain generated suggestions*

*would be better on average than the average GDD suggestion

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 05:58

Arrhythmia wrote:Pizza tornado?

Except for the part with butterfish.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 06:09

Patashu wrote:You know, you don't have to post a thread every time you come up with an idea.

I just had a brilliant idea, we should make a "bcadren" thread, move all of his ideas into there, and then let him use that thread for any additional ideas he might come up with in the future. That way there isn't 12 seperate threads on the first page all dedicated to each individual idea, instead there will only be one.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 07:40

I thought that's what this thread was for.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 08:42

Laraso wrote:
Patashu wrote:You know, you don't have to post a thread every time you come up with an idea.

I just had a brilliant idea, we should make a "bcadren" thread, move all of his ideas into there, and then let him use that thread for any additional ideas he might come up with in the future. That way there isn't 12 seperate threads on the first page all dedicated to each individual idea, instead there will only be one.

Better idea: automatically delete any thread bcadren makes.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 15:40

I kinda like the fruit and wand suggestions actually.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 16:17

Viashino_wizard wrote:Better idea: automatically delete any thread bcadren makes.

That's kind of harsh, even if you do think he's annoying.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 16:30

Here are 52 slots of armour. You'd never actually fill it up, but...it would
remove the annoyance of their being a cap...and stash management etc. Want to
wear something? 52 slots of weapons. 52 slots of armour.

This was generated by a markov chain generator from bcadren's first post. Thoughts? Better or worse than bcadren's ideas? Taken out of context, it looks like he's recommending you can wear 52 pieces of armour.
Last edited by File200 on Friday, 9th May 2014, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author File200 has received thanks:
duvessa

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 16:44

EDIT 2:

bcadren: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
bcadren: proposals, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
[kneels]
bcadren: I love the smell of proposals in the morning. You know, one time we bombed a dev chat, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dev body. The smell, you know that afterpost smell, the whole chattoom. Smelled like
[sniffing, pondering]
bcadren: victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
[suddenly walks off]
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, duvessa, Sar

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 17:20

EDIT 3:
[intercom playing] I will not hurt or harm you. Just give me back the GDD thread, Lance. It was a good thread... and I like it. You know how hard it is to find a thread you like...

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 20:29

Combining two wands into one wand seems like a good move, although it might be odd from a flavor standpoint, anything can be explained with magic.

Just make sure that if you have a wand of hasting 2 of 9 and another with 4 of 9, that the result is not 6 of 9, but rather 6 of 18. Otherwise you're diminishing how much you can recharge and how many charges you can have at once. If going straight up to 18 is too strong (it does allow you to avoid wasted recharges) it could be something where adding a second wand adds max charges/2, so in the haste example, you'd end up with 6 of 13.5 charges (round it however you like).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner