Race Proposal: The Hedgehog

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 18:53

Race Proposal: The Hedgehog

six hours ago the turns and tossings of a sleep whose tumults made my soft bed seem more Of Nails than Of Roses were interrupted. And now, for Context, I recount: curses murmured to she, who from welkin, posing as a muse, had promised vision in reverie this night, "I cannot see if I cannot sleep!" but sleep did eventually, if in name and semblance only, with none of the comforts one might expect or, at least, hope for, come. From it I was yanked. I looked down and noticed, glistening, my body which has been described as being ripped as hell, and buff, at times, and not by those inclined to hyperbole, sitting upright, covers thrown askew and night-shirt like a foot-binding for my whole body contorting one arm behind my head. But it was not the exquisite physical specimen I mean to discuss but what emerged de anima. "Fuck that" the words emerged from between parched lips, " 's the best idea anyone has ever had in the history of Crawl." So, here you go:

Key Features
  • Speed Everyone knows Sonic is fast, but according to legend even the slowest Hedgehog of Ancient Times would have had a maximum speed and acceleration close to his. Fast Move 3.
  • Deformed Body These creatures pull themselves into tight balls and roll around. As such, their bodies are deformed and can't wear any armour besides shoes (two shoes preferably but this can be altered if Devs think 3 shoes is better)
  • Ball up! at XL 8.5 Hedgehogs gain the ability to roll into a ball (like Boulder Beetles) aiming an attack--or a speedy escape--wherever they see fit. If the character has rolled for more than 3 tiles, this first attack does damage similar to IOOD. If more than 10, instant kill. Rolling cannot be aimed of course and S--the Hedgehog character will return to normal form after collision. (Feedback request: should ball form take turns to charge?)
  • Spines Hedgehogs are spiny (makes thematic sense for Deformed Body, as well, obviously
  • Jump attack! Hedgehogs in the wild and in the Sonic Mythos are known for their leaping ability. -1/3 damage from normal attacks but they can jump attack with no cooldown to any target within N range for 5/3 damage of base attack (target must not be adjacent, duh...just think about the balance....)

Attitudes
Bad, snarky

Aptitudes
  • Fighting: -2
  • Short: 3
  • Long: 0
  • Axes: -1
  • Maces: -1
  • Polearms: -5
  • Staves: 0
  • Slings: 2
  • Throw: -2
  • Dodge: 4
  • Stealth: -2
  • Shields: 1
  • UC: 2
  • Splcast: 0
  • Conj: 0
  • Hexes: 2
  • Charms: 2
  • Summ: -2
  • Nec: -2
  • Tloc: 3
  • Tmut: -2
  • Fire: 0
  • Ice: 0
  • Air: 1
  • Earth: 0
  • Poison: 0
  • Inv: 0
  • Evo: 0
  • Exp: 1
  • HP: -2
  • MP: 1

This requires a small amount more work to perfect which is why I'm asking for feedback. The hard part is all done though if someone would just code it we'd be racing around the Dungeon like a blue bat out of hell :D who DOESN'T want that! This is probably the best race in crawl but there are a few improvements I thought of in another Dream Vision but this one while I was awake and typing out the post right now/

Further Development
Gets double effect from "Ring" type jewelery. Double spellpower on "Ring" of Flames. All rings get bonus affect of being an artefact. Glyph should be dark blue and transform when the Hedgehog toon undergoes a Ball Transformation.

Thanks in advance.

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks: 4
duvessa, mikee, sgrunt, WalkerBoh

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 18:56

Re: Race Proposal: The Hedgehog

no, your favorite anime/videogame/childhood character is not going to be included in crawl
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 18:59

goddamn, boulder beetles have inspired the worst species proposals, like that stupid hulk & alien species
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:00

n1000 wrote:The hard part is all done though if someone would just code it

Thanks in advance.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:05

Thank you for your feedback

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:11

yw

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 3.

yr w

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks:
dck

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:39

FR: Instead of a health bar you have a gold bar. Whenever you take damage, half of your gold gets spread out over nearby tiles and disappears a few turns later. If you take damage and have no gold, you lose!
Pros: Imagine all of the interesting decisions this would add to combat movement and whether or not you want to buy things from a shop.
Cons: We may have to nerf gold acquirement.

For this message the author Dole has received thanks:
n1000

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:47

Re rolling attack: charge for up to six turns for increasing initial speed.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 20:16

This...this has better ideas than 99% of race proposals. Roll attack is pretty cool, aptitudes are interesting.....I'm going to go cry now.
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

For this message the author TeshiAlair has received thanks:
n1000

Sewers Scotsman

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 20:27

I hear you. I often feel like crying when I visit the Tavern these days.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 21:32

Has rSpikes--

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 22:06

This is good but can we make it a type of dwarf please?
Wins: DsWz(6), DDNe(4), HuIE(5), HuFE(4), MiBe(3)

For this message the author Igxfl has received thanks: 3
n1000, sgrunt, TeshiAlair

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 25th March 2014, 01:47

Igxfl wrote:This is good but can we make it a type of dwarf please?
Hedge dwarves, to go with lawn gnomes.

For this message the author sgrunt has received thanks: 3
and into, TehDruid, TeshiAlair

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner