Proposal: Recycle Character

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 07:19

Proposal: Recycle Character

So, I've figured out the part of the game I prefer, and it's the part after lair/orc but before depths. For me that includes vaults slime and 1-2 lair branches. Before that I've played that part something like 600 times, and after that I find it less exciting, it kinda all melds together. I've currently got 2 online dudes on different accounts in their xl 20s that I'm not sure what to do with; I've grown out of leaving surprise firestorm/shatter ghosts around d10, I don't like to control-q games, and I'm not motivated to continue them.

Therefore, Proposal: Control-shift-R now asks "Would you like to recycle this character?". If the answer is "Y", then instead of leaving a ghost, leave a named meat ration: "Meat Ration of Baldu" with description "Eat me as I would have eaten you" / "We become I" / "Let's be together"/ ......

The way I see things, this would bring a feeling of continuity, and foster hope that something better awaits us in all possible futures.

For this message the author Baldu3 has received thanks: 3
blackcustard, pratamawirya, twelwe

Sewers Scotsman

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 10:36

Re: Proposal: Recycle Character

Baldu3 wrote:"Eat me as I would have eaten you"

I don't know what anyone else thinks but this seems slightly weird to me.

Would the proposed meat ration act as strong poison and thus achieve the same in-game effect as a player ghost, i.e. have a good chance of killing you?

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 17:15

Baldu3 wrote:"Eat me as I would have eaten you"

:oops:

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 17:45

Confidence Interval wrote:Would the proposed meat ration act as strong poison and thus achieve the same in-game effect as a player ghost, i.e. have a good chance of killing you?

Of course not, that would be such a rotten legacy!

Actually, ghouls could leave a permanently rotting meat ration, that would be great! And spriggan apples, centaurs bread, orcs pizza, mummies porridge. Sweet!

"I crawl in you."

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 18:21

Baldu3 wrote: "Eat me as I would have eaten you" / "We become I" / "Let's be together"/ ......

this is some high class poetry right here, like a taking a hot shit up the middle, real wild stuff...
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 18:34

Indeed, and if this proposal comes through, you could have an even better taste of my poetry.

"Death only made me tastier."

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 19:35

You may want to try something like crate crawl, where you make a non tacked attempt to get to the Vaults and escape the dungeon, or Crawl Light, which has a shorter game and other changes but has been dead for around a year.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 24th March 2014, 20:18

reaver wrote:You may want to try something like crate crawl, where you make a non tacked attempt to get to the Vaults and escape the dungeon, or Crawl Light, which has a shorter game and other changes but has been dead for around a year.

Thanks for the serious reply but I can't play without the recent improvements, and I'm not interested in coding during my downtime. When I'm relaxing in crawl I just wanna solve some interesting puzzles mostly by chunking dudes with a 2h weapon or with orb of destruction.

"Wield me to prove our power!"

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner