Give reaver his color

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Wizlab Walloper

Post Saturday, 15th June 2013, 14:08

Re: Give reaver his color

:D
I'm just going to take a moment to let this sink in for me

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2013, 16:12

Grimm wrote:I consider you a "Post Punker".

That too.

On a side note, what happened to minmay, he seems to have been demoted from his blue name.
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 16th June 2013, 17:29

Giygas refers to himself in the third person too.
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 16th June 2013, 17:49

Edit. Oops, wrong thread.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 01:30

Grimm wrote:1) reaver is not getting his own color unless he becomes a counsellor or dev or something.
2) if twelwe keeps being an aggressive dick instead of the charming satirist we all knew him as until very recently, he's not getting his own color either. I mean jesus twelwe, what crawled up your backside about this issue. Anyway I was the first to make the suggestion that you are minmay.

Maybe we should have a poll.

I never responded to this. for one, I have NEVER been charming. for two, if you can`t see that I`ve always been a dick by looking in my post history, you`ve created an entirely incorrect persona to project upon me. i have always been a dick, go look for yourself, always have been, always will be. and are you seriously threatening to take away a colored name on an internet communication forum if i don't change who i am and have always been? i dont fucking care about a color i didnt even seriously ask for or expect to get - never celebrated having it - it isnt some privilage I hold so dearly that you can hold it above my head to change my behavior. goddamn what a stupid post you wrote. if you wanna play pretend my post history doesnt exist and say `on twelwe has really changed, i`m going to consolidate all my internet power and strike down his special color, that will tame him` then be my guest

i also never responded to this

Confidence Interval wrote:I guess the suggestion that you are someone else really riles you, huh?

Now I fully understand why you dont get it: Youve probably never been so entertaining that others cannot possibly fathom you being one single person. People accuse me of being *several* people, how can one man be SO FUNNY? So no, I wouldnt expect you to understand what it means to be accused of being someone else, or several people, because you will never be just that fucking good. You cannot comprehend it. You never will. I do, because I've lived it. And that is why you have to excuse my existence by saying it must be some elaborate hoax.

I dont expect any of you to understand this because I am apparently operating on a higher level than you mere humans

edit:
Grimm wrote:mumra is absolutely correct. twelwe is a special individual and had the nous that the rest of you bandwagon-hopping johnnies-come-lately lack to ask for a special colour to mark his (its?) specialness out.

He (they?) also made me laugh with the line "lol, but back to my ideas." What have the rest of you done lately, or ever?

No more colours.

lol
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 02:10

I am twelwe (minmay) and I have thanked this post.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks:
twelwe

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 02:19

Grimm wrote:hahaha

thanks for the perfect reply: i don't care what you have to say in response to my post, you only need to read and comprehend it.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Wizlab Walloper

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 04:23

fighting is bad

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 04:35

I agree, it should have a greater effect on combat percentages.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 06:47

Grimm wrote:For a satirist you are remarkably literal-minded.

and for an internet moderator you are remarkably cowardly for deleting one reply end completely editing another

Grimm wrote:Actually I don't understand your post at all

i never claimed to do satire, I mock people. plain and simple. and your inability to see that is not my problem, its yours, since you `rewarded` me for it with a special color. at least, you see it as some convoluted reward that I should apparently hold dear if i want to keep it. oh my god no please dont touch my internet color, please dont, my internet color is my entire identity, it is all i truly am, for before my internet color i had no talent. all i am i owe to you, Internet Moderator Grimm, he who can label me literal minded after his thorough analysis of a post he admittedly doesn't understand

edit: also im not going to delete any of my posts or words like a fucking pansy, i mean every word here. i am who i am, and your stupid internet colored name threats wont stop me from posting like i do

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks:
gofftc

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 15:43

twelwe wrote:and for an internet moderator you are remarkably cowardly for deleting one reply end completely editing another

B-but it's one of my signature moves!!1

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 1st July 2013, 04:09

Grimm wrote:
twelwe wrote:and for an internet moderator you are remarkably cowardly for deleting one reply end completely editing another

B-but it's one of my signature moves!!1

And the Founder was woken from his slumber to find that dischord was growing in the happy little tavern that he had established. This aggrieved his peace sorely, and so he lifted his mighty fingers to posteth thusly:

Mods, thou shouldst refrain from poking members of the flock. It distresses them and toughens the meat, much to my displeasure when I finally consume them.

And Users, in this case twelwe: if thou admitest to posting like a dick and insist on the right to continue posting in such a manner, thou shouldst not be surprised if thou art mistaken for minmay, or if others take pleasure in dicking you in return.

And now: let there be no more dicking in the forum. Do that in a private chat if you must.

For this message the author danr has received thanks: 2
Grimm, WalkerBoh

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 1st July 2013, 05:45

i'm supposed sit silent while some passive aggressive moderator of all people leads a harassment campaign and posts multiple threads about me like a creep? where have i EVER done *anything* that resembles that to ANYONE? who gets harassed by me? what threads do i make targetting other specific users? i was wrong about this image, it perfectly describes grimm - that thread another great example of how passive aggressive he is, and look at his reply: if that isnt mod sanctioned encouragement to insult specific users (which i didnt even do, grimm doesnt understand my posts by his own admission) then i dont know what it. you mods should get your enforcement policies straight, this is entire forum has been really poorly handled by the moderators in general

you completely misunderstand me when i say im a dick and i mock people. look: viewtopic.php?p=76505#p76505 this is mocking. this is being a dick but this is NOT insulting ANYONE. or how about this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6075&p=81252&hilit=+altar#p81252 which has a great quote

Grimm wrote:To keep things on the civil side, try posting mockery in CYC. Strive to keep GDD clear of personal acrimony. This goes for everyone.

mocking is not harassment, it isn't against the rules, and does not necessarily insult anyone at all. harassment is insulting, it is against these forum rules.
danr wrote:Also, be aware that what matters is what the moderators consider insulting. It doesn't matter whether offence was intended or not. Those who insult others, intentionally or not, are not welcome here.

Good lord get it straight

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st July 2013, 18:41

you called?

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Volteccer_Jack

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 00:03

My thread... it is so special! (:-3)

Dear internet... does this mean... you loveeeeee me? :oops: :oops: :oops:

For this message the author Baldu has received thanks:
Grimm

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 06:26

Tlwelwe, modding this forum is not a paid job. Grimm should not have harassed you. He was just being a goof. No malicious stalking or anything creepy.

I am really not that active here at all, my last post before this was probably months ago. Maybe there is another mod that cares more about this issue. I think it has already generated enough sweat and tears. Lets all get on with our lives.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 12:01

Baldu wrote:My thread... it is so special! (:-3)

Dear internet... does this mean... you loveeeeee me? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Baldu, my last thread got closed (because minmay said something and people started started arguing) and then minmay was demoted like the next day (obviously not just because of this) so I know how you feel :D.

I don't honestly see how twelwe is being so grossly mistreated here, I mean he's a funny guy who posts funny things -sometimes with a mocking tone (he himself agreed with the mocking tone). I'd expect people of that kind of status to be able to take a joke as well. It's like being a politician: if you are willing to step into a spotlight, you are probably going to hear some shit as well. But obviously, if/as he really finds this whole thing offensive, it has to stop.

And couldn't being called minmay be taken as a compliment (well, first take out the offensive shit of some his posts)? I mean, it doesn't just mean that twelwe's posts are written by minmay but that minmay's posts are written by twelwe! BTW I don't think ANYONE EVER REALLY believed that twelwe and minmay are the same person.

So...what about we just all try to get along now 8-)?

BTW, you know what rhymes with "minmay"? GRIMMay! OMFG, conspiracy revealed!!!!!!!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 18:46

danr wrote:Tlwelwe, modding this forum is not a paid job.

But then who's sending me all these large checks?

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 19:12

These guys?

For this message the author rebthor has received thanks:
Grimm

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 19:18

Take on tears and tragedy and you meet no resistance; take on laughter and comedy and you walk into a steepling wall of hostility. The very enterprise sets up false expectations, the silliest being that if you write about comedy you must play the comedian yourself. Which is closely followed by the philistine objection that comedy, alone of everything else we do and think, must not be subjected to critical thought. Intellection kills the joke, it’s argued, as though, like some arcane ritual, comedy loses its divine mystery in the presence of philosophy or criticism. And this is before we get on to disagreeing about what is or isn’t funny. Certainly, what you find hilarious your neighbour won’t. And not only won’t he find it funny, he will be angered by it, for offence attaches to the very ambition to amuse. We are indifferent to tears that don’t flow. Maybe next time. But for laughter that lies stillborn in our belly we cannot ever forgive the father. Whoever goes out on a limb, therefore, declaring for this comedian or comic writer or another, risks a double-wrath — for being too much the intellectual in support of comedy that isn’t comic and for spoiling that which has no value anyway. Good luck with that.

Howard Jacobson, ‘Have You Heard the One About Auschwitz?’, Standpoint, June 2013

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 19:42

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Beautiful-Bl ... B0033AI48Y

Spoiler: show
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Italy's rubber-faced funnyman Roberto Benigni accomplishes the impossible in his World War II comedy Life Is Beautiful: he shapes a simultaneously hilarious and haunting comedy out of the tragedy of the Holocaust. An international sensation and the most successful foreign language film in U.S. history, the picture also earned director-cowriter-star Benigni Oscars for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Actor. He plays the Jewish country boy Guido, a madcap romantic in Mussolini's Italy who wins the heart of his sweetheart (Benigni's real-life sweetie, Nicoletta Braschi) and raises a darling son (the adorable Giorgio Cantarini) in the shadow of fascism. When the Nazis ship the men off to a concentration camp in the waning days of the war, Guido is determined to shelter his son from the evils around them and convinces him they're in an elaborate contest to win (of all things) a tank. Guido tirelessly maintains the ruse with comic ingenuity, even as the horrors escalate and the camp's population continues to dwindle--all the more impetus to keep his son safe, secure, and, most of all, hidden. Benigni walks a fine line mining comedy from tragedy and his efforts are pure fantasy--he accomplishes feats no man could realistically pull off--both of which have drawn fire from a few critics. Yet for all its wacky humor and inventive gags, Life Is Beautiful is a moving and poignant tale of one father's sacrifice to save not just his young son's life but his innocence in the face of one of the most evil acts ever perpetrated by the human race. --Sean Axmaker
Product Description
An inspired motion-picture masterpiece, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL was nominated in 1998 for 7 Academy Awardsr - winning 3 Oscarsr, including one for Best Actor Roberto Benigni. In this extraordinary tale, Guido (Benigni) - a charming but bumbling waiter who's gifted with a colorful imagination and an irresistible sense of humor - has won the heart of the woman he loves and created a beautiful life for his young family. But then, that life is threatened by World War II...and Guido must rely on those very same strengths to save his beloved wife and son from an unthinkable fate! Honored with an overwhelming level of critical acclaim, this truly exceptional, utterly unique achievement will lift your spirits and capture your heart!
Even with TabO alone Tiles player get a feeling of Console.
There is no mouse in crawl;
Hit ?? ingame!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 00:47

Grimm wrote:
Take on tears and tragedy and you meet no resistance; take on laughter and comedy and you walk into a steepling wall of hostility. The very enterprise sets up false expectations, the silliest being that if you write about comedy you must play the comedian yourself. Which is closely followed by the philistine objection that comedy, alone of everything else we do and think, must not be subjected to critical thought. Intellection kills the joke, it’s argued, as though, like some arcane ritual, comedy loses its divine mystery in the presence of philosophy or criticism. And this is before we get on to disagreeing about what is or isn’t funny. Certainly, what you find hilarious your neighbour won’t. And not only won’t he find it funny, he will be angered by it, for offence attaches to the very ambition to amuse. We are indifferent to tears that don’t flow. Maybe next time. But for laughter that lies stillborn in our belly we cannot ever forgive the father. Whoever goes out on a limb, therefore, declaring for this comedian or comic writer or another, risks a double-wrath — for being too much the intellectual in support of comedy that isn’t comic and for spoiling that which has no value anyway. Good luck with that.

Howard Jacobson, ‘Have You Heard the One About Auschwitz?’, Standpoint, June 2013

this isn't about my content or about what i write is funny or isn't, something you nor anyone else cannot anger me about. It isn't even under discussion! You not only misunderstand my posts Grimm you totally misunderstood that quote also

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 06:14

gofftc wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Life-Beautiful-Bl ... B0033AI48Y

Spoiler: show
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Italy's rubber-faced funnyman Roberto Benigni accomplishes the impossible in his World War II comedy Life Is Beautiful: he shapes a simultaneously hilarious and haunting comedy out of the tragedy of the Holocaust. An international sensation and the most successful foreign language film in U.S. history, the picture also earned director-cowriter-star Benigni Oscars for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Actor. He plays the Jewish country boy Guido, a madcap romantic in Mussolini's Italy who wins the heart of his sweetheart (Benigni's real-life sweetie, Nicoletta Braschi) and raises a darling son (the adorable Giorgio Cantarini) in the shadow of fascism. When the Nazis ship the men off to a concentration camp in the waning days of the war, Guido is determined to shelter his son from the evils around them and convinces him they're in an elaborate contest to win (of all things) a tank. Guido tirelessly maintains the ruse with comic ingenuity, even as the horrors escalate and the camp's population continues to dwindle--all the more impetus to keep his son safe, secure, and, most of all, hidden. Benigni walks a fine line mining comedy from tragedy and his efforts are pure fantasy--he accomplishes feats no man could realistically pull off--both of which have drawn fire from a few critics. Yet for all its wacky humor and inventive gags, Life Is Beautiful is a moving and poignant tale of one father's sacrifice to save not just his young son's life but his innocence in the face of one of the most evil acts ever perpetrated by the human race. --Sean Axmaker
Product Description
An inspired motion-picture masterpiece, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL was nominated in 1998 for 7 Academy Awardsr - winning 3 Oscarsr, including one for Best Actor Roberto Benigni. In this extraordinary tale, Guido (Benigni) - a charming but bumbling waiter who's gifted with a colorful imagination and an irresistible sense of humor - has won the heart of the woman he loves and created a beautiful life for his young family. But then, that life is threatened by World War II...and Guido must rely on those very same strengths to save his beloved wife and son from an unthinkable fate! Honored with an overwhelming level of critical acclaim, this truly exceptional, utterly unique achievement will lift your spirits and capture your heart!

He's awesome in Jarmusch flicks. Night on Earth - "A bishop alone in Rome at 4:00 a.m.! Bad luck! Touch my balls." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N99Ps4nLBGU

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 16:47

so uhh grimm how many of your creepy little passive agressive posts & threads did you end up deleting? you know, the ones about me where no one replied at all and you just looked creepy and weird? i think five are missing. and now my color is being changed? is this punishment? i can't tell what one shade of green is supposed to mean next to another. I'm sure theres some creepy mod thought process justifying the change, but one thing is for certain: its more passive aggressive shit coming from the mod section. what a surprise

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 17:34

Alright dude, this fun thread has now irreversibly entered creepy territory, i'm requesting thread lock.

Everyone crawl away from here!

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 6th July 2013, 05:10

Baldu wrote:Alright dude, this fun thread has now irreversibly entered creepy territory, i'm requesting thread lock.

Everyone crawl away from here!

Request granted. The inanity has to stop somewhere.
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner