Don't drop your trash

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 28th May 2013, 05:58

Don't drop your trash

I just started a new game and right away I see a leather armour. But is was runed! Really people, if you break your stuff don't just leave it on the ground.

(I apologize insincerely for this message)

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 06:18

Re: Don't drop your trash

Ur`re mom! :twisted: Erevybodes Mom! :mrgreen:
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 06:47

On a serious note, I think there should be trashcans, or waste disposal units, or something like that in the dungeon. I hate it when there's some nasty weapon you don't want to use yourself - a halberd of poison dropped by a gnoll, for example - that you don't want to carry to the Lair but would rather get rid of so that some other passing monster doesn't pick it up and try to use it on you.

Sure, you could wait til a jelly came along and then feed it the item, or maybe throw it in deep water or lave.

But wouldn't conveniently placed trashcans be better, and neater?!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 07:37

This is pretty much why I carry around every distortion weapon I find till it can be safely disposed of.....

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 07:49

Perhaps there could be a spell like "Destroy Weapon", at high spell power it could affect weapons which are held by monsters. (Elyvion can destroy weapons on the ground though).

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 11:23

Or just the ability to drop things in an adjacent square, so non-flyers can dump such items in the hot, boiling, maaagmaaaa.

Either that, or we need drawbridges for proper atom smashing.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 11:43

Just leave them in the corner of a room where monsters won't path over it. Or nip up a staircase and drop it on the previous level. This all comes under the same category of OCD as stashing, you don't actually need to do it.

daggaz wrote:Or just the ability to drop things in an adjacent square, so non-flyers can dump such items in the hot, boiling, maaagmaaaa.

You've heard of "throwing" right?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 13:13

Yes, it is obviously the skill one uses to shoot an opponent full of curare with a blowgun.

(I had no idea you could throw random crap like orcish plate mail. I am going to start an ogre fighter and just throw shit at people from now on.)

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 13:50

mumra wrote:Just leave them in the corner of a room where monsters won't path over it. Or nip up a staircase and drop it on the previous level. This all comes under the same category of OCD as stashing, you don't actually need to do it.

Anecdotal, but many times when I've tried to do this, I've seen mobs picking up and wielding crap. How big of a room does it have to be so that the corners don't get pathed? 3x3? 5x5?
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 20:47

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner