YASD: HEAE of Veh : Holy Pan, batman! (6/15)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 15th November 2013, 18:04

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Long road to Tornado

Time to reflect again. Hitting Vaults like this is going to be a fairly new experience: every other character I've played could either autofight through most things, spam high level spells without food worries, or could disable-stab most things.

This character, I think can't do any of that. I have to work out a good balance between using shock+battlespheres and lightning bolts to soften things up, melee to finish things off, and Lightning Bolt/OOD/Tornado to obliterate the more dangerous things. Hopefully I'll have the patience to think through each encounter to figure out how to best approach it.

I've also gotten very used to living almost entirely on chunks, although Elf and Shoals have already told me that this build can't survive that way. Actually having to manage permafood when slinging mid-high level spells is going to be a fairly new experience as well.

My post-Tornado training regime has to be decided upon. I think the main options are:
  • Train up spellcasting to deal with hunger issues, and to make room for more spells. (e.g. deflect missiles, airstrike, sticky flame, conjure flame, summon butterflies)
  • Train up staves to get min delay on staff of air
  • Train up evocations to get better use out of the evokables (and to get the last few percentage points so that staff of air always fires electricity)
  • Fighting/dodging to better survive combat
  • Train armour and upgrade to a medium armor -- either +2 elven scale mail or that artifact ring mail.
  • Continue training Air to get Tornado to reliable rather than just castable

I think training up staff melee can be put off until later, as I'm not ready to retire my sword. A few points of evocations will be really cheap, and it would be nice to start getting an elemental or two out of my evokables.

The first few points of armour will be cheap too, but I think I need a fair amount to see any worthwhile effect. The available armors are also underwhelming: the artifact ring mail is only +2, I don't have enough enchant armour scrolls to spare on enchanting up a scale mail, and I haven't even seen an ice dragon yet (I have seen a fire dragon, but it didn't leave a corpse). But... it is still a few extra points of AC along with GDR. And it will be nice to be ready to don an IDA as soon as I can get one. Or maybe I'll get lucky and find a PDA in the vaults:5 loot.

Training fighting/dodging/spellcasting will see immediate effect, but unfortunately gains will be rather slow at this point.

The next big challenge after Vaults:5 will be the Slime Pits. Tornado will be the key to an easy victory over TRJ, but that doesn't matter if I'm not buff enough to survive to get that deep, or get blasted to death while Tornado is doing its thing. I think slimes wants me to get Deflect Missiles to survive acid blob shots, Spellcasting so I can memorize deflect missiles and don't starve myself with deflect missiles/tornado, and armour so I can still manage to cast Tornado while wearing the ringmail of rC++ (GDR to help take hits, resistance to defend against azure jellies).

That's a tall order. And I would really like to try and find preservation first... so I'll probably put slime off until later. So that means... I need to survive the upper floors of Zot. I think that also means I need spellcasting, so I can cast lightning bolt and freezing cloud freely and can OOD/Tornado more often, as well as have sticky flame and conjure flame in my arsenal. Fighting will help survive getting blasted. Yellow draconians are still going to be annoying.

But maybe I'll get lucky and Vaults and Crypt loot might make things much easier. But I should still start planning now anyways.

It looks like my post-Tornado plans are, in order of decreasing urgency:
  • Evocations to get a cheap power boost
  • Spellcasting and Fighting
  • Armour and/or more Air

I'm still not yet acclimated to the 0.13 crypt: there were a couple of enemies that give me trouble, but I haven't yet internalized what I need to survive safely. I hope I'm not forgetting anything important in my plans....

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th November 2013, 18:28

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Long road to Tornado

There is just one placeholder for rElec in main char screen (%) and it means extra rElec is useless.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 11:53

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Tornado soon. What to acquire?

New acquirement question.

Staff of energy is a wonderful thing. With it, I can spam Tornado, OOD, Freezing Cloud, and Lightning Bolt to my heart's content. It would also allow me to put off further spellcasting training.

I do not have a staff of energy.

I do, however, have a scroll of acquirement. My highest skill is air, but I have a staff of air. I also own a staff of wizardry and a staff of power.

Do I have good odds of getting a staff of energy?

(I also do not have wands of healing or hasting: it's not clear to me if I would rather acquire wands. I am also unimpressed with my armor selections)

EDIT: I realized I can test this in wizmode, assuming the odds are only influenced by what one has ID'd and not what one has seen. 30 acquirements give be:

• 14 staves of energy
  • 3 rods
  • 13 other unidentified magical staves

So this looks like get the 50% chance at a staff of energy.

Repeat same experiment (new wizmode character), where I have ID'd air, power, wizardry, (and olgreb) but are not carrying them:

• 9 staves of energy
  • 2 staves of power
  • 8 staves of wizardry
  • 4 rods
  • staff of air
  • 5 other unID'd staves
  • staff of wucad mu

So I should make sure to carry one of every ID'd staff before acquiring!

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 16:44

It really is what you have seen (probably IDed) not what you are carrying.

I would not acquire staff here, wand sounds a lot better.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 16:54

Fortune smiles upon thee, for thou hast acquired a staff of energy!

I went to clear Vestibule to make a secondary stash before entering vaults... I got a friendly reminder that Tornado doesn't make me invincible. Then I got a hostile reminder. Then a dangerous reminder. I listened the third time: I'll brave the Cacodemon and Ancient Lich guarding the stairs later. I learned Cacodemons can cast confuse! That could have gone very badly if my strategy was anything other than "meander about while Tornado kills stuff".

So I go to the Vaults instead. Tornado + staff of energy really changes the calculus. I just spent two turns and 10 MP to nearly kill something with Lightning Bolt. And now it has friends. I should have just cast Tornado instead! I throw an Orb of Destruction. Move into finish with my long sword. Ho hum, why didn't I just cast Tornado instead?

Also, new combo: word of recall + Tornado. :lol:

I wound up killing most of the Vaults:5 from the stairwell area. Tornado hybrid build... success!

No seriously, this is really enjoyable. Tornado just clobbers stuff, so I really have to do is avoid corridors, keep buffing up my defenses, and maybe launch the odd OOD at things that want to pelt me with bolts from the edge of LOS.

Lack of MR is still a big weakness though. I'm still getting a big chunk of it from my long sword, which makes switching the staves of energy and air somewhat dangerous -- it's going to be a major issue for clearing the Vestibule, I think. I don't have an amulet of clarity either.

Vaults turned up some good stuff:
  • a pair of boots of running
  • the +7,+5 scimitar of flaming death {flame rPois rF++ rC- MR}
  • the +11,+8 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5}
  • a +0 golden helmet of intelligence
  • a scroll of acquirement
  • an ice dragon hide (and fire dragon hide)
  • a +2,+4 elven long sword of electrocution
  • a disc of storms (two, actually)
  • a +2,+0 double sword of slicing
  • a +0,+2 great sword of holy wrath
  • a triple sword
plus a gigantic pile of ego (but non-elven) ring mails and scale mails I might want to try on. I really should sweep through all of the long blades in Elf and Vaults to see if there are any good ones.

I'm really going to have to think about weapon choice again. Staff of Air still seems like the natural choice... but Wyrmbane! Scimitar of flaming death! Great sword of holy wrath! Triple sword! Nice enough stuff that it's not an automatic decision.

This acquirement scroll is likely to be spent on wands. I think I might want to get 5 runes before spending it, though, especially since the slimy rune unlocks a treasure trove. I don't like doing slime without preservation, though. :(

I think I can finally spend my enchant armour scrolls: get the boots and helmet up to +2. Maybe I can even start enchanting up the ice dragon hide... although I still need to try it on to see where Tornado is at with it on.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.0 (tiles) character file.

Kelly the Anemomancer (High Elf Air Elementalist)  Turns: 83024, Time: 10:06:18

HP 159/159       AC 11     Str 14      XL: 23   Next: 15%
MP  43/43        EV 35     Int 24      God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 6599        SH 13     Dex 19      Spells: 13 memorised,  5 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : +   a - +7,+10 long sword "Mucrid" {freeze, +Fly MR++ SInv}
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : +   m - +2 elf robe {rC+}
Life Prot.: + . .   Conserve   : .   z - +1 dwarf buckler
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   u - +0 golden helmet {Int+3}
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   x - +1 elf cloak
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   E - +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   L - +0 pair of boots {run}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   V - amulet "Zauwed" {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-}
Saprovore : . . .                    r - ring of sustenance
                                     f - +5 ring of evasion

@: quick, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely stealthy
A: fangs 1, fast metabolism 1, wild magic 1
a: Renounce Religion, Evoke Flight
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, silver, gossamer

You are on level 1 of the Vaults.
You worship Vehumet.
Vehumet is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and seen 54 of its levels.
You have also visited: Labyrinth and Bailey.

You have collected 8437 gold pieces.
You have spent 1858 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - the +7,+10 long sword "Mucrid" (weapon) {freeze, +Fly MR++ SInv}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It has been specially enchanted to freeze those struck by it, causing extra
   injury to most foes and up to double damage against particularly susceptible
   opponents. It can also slow down cold-blooded creatures.

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It enhances your eyesight.
   It lets you fly.
 d - a +4,+4 elven dagger of electrocution {=f}
 Y - the +11,+8 lance "Wyrmbane" (quivered) {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5}
   (You took it off a yaktaur captain on level 5 of the Vaults)   

This legendary weapon is deadly to all dragonkind.

It affects your AC (+5).
   It protects you from fire.
   It protects you from poison.
   It lets you go berserk.
Armour
 m - a +2 elven robe of cold resistance (worn)
 u - a +0 golden helmet of intelligence (worn)
 x - a +1 elven cloak (worn)
 z - a +1 dwarven buckler (worn)
 E - the +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" (worn) {rElec SInv Stlth++}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)   

It insulates you from electricity.
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 L - a +0 pair of boots of running (worn)
Magical devices
 v - a wand of digging (6)
 C - a wand of disintegration (10)
 D - a wand of draining (6)
 I - a wand of teleportation (4)
Comestibles
 h - a honeycomb
 n - an apple
 t - 3 bread rations
Scrolls
 j - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 w - 2 scrolls of blinking
 F - 2 scrolls of fog
 G - 2 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 e - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 f - a +5 ring of evasion (left hand)
 k - the ring "Aloebow" {+Fly AC+3 Acc+4}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Shoals)   

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+3).
   It affects your accuracy (+4).
   It lets you fly.
 r - a ring of sustenance (right hand)
 A - an uncursed amulet of conservation
 J - an uncursed ring of invisibility
 K - an uncursed amulet of resist mutation
 M - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 O - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 V - the amulet "Zauwed" (around neck) {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)   

[amulet of warding]
   It greatly protects you from fire.
   It makes you much less stealthy.
Potions
 g - 2 potions of invisibility
 i - 3 potions of heal wounds
 p - 2 potions of magic
 s - 2 potions of speed
 B - 3 potions of curing
Magical staves
 b - an uncursed staff of energy
 c - an uncursed staff of air
Miscellaneous
 l - a phial of floods
 H - a sack of spiders
 P - a box of beasts
 Q - a stone of tremors
 R - a stone of tremors
 T - a disc of storms
 U - a phial of floods
 Z - a phial of floods

Skills:
 - Level 15.0 Fighting
 - Level 10.0 Short Blades
 - Level 14.0 Long Blades
 + Level 10.1 Staves
 - Level 10.0 Armour
 - Level 20.0 Dodging
 - Level 9.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 - Level 15.0 Spellcasting
 - Level 15.0 Conjurations
 - Level 2.1 Charms
 - Level 3.1 Translocations
 * Level 24.2 Air Magic
 - Level 5.0 Evocations

You have 5 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Searing Ray           Conj           ######       1%          2    None
b - Iskenderun's Battles  Conj/Chrm      ######..     1%          4    None
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           #######...   4%          7    ######.
d - Freezing Cloud        Conj/Ice/Air   #######...   1%          6    ####...
f - Shock                 Conj/Air       ####         1%          1    None
g - Static Discharge      Conj/Air       ########     1%          3    None
h - Lightning Bolt        Conj/Air       ########..   1%          5    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           #####.....   3%          1    None
q - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          4%          2    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            ########..   10%         9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          3    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (22/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:7
    Elf (3/3) Orc:4          Lair (8/8) D:12         Shoals (5/5) Lair:4
 Spider (5/5) Lair:3        Slime (0/6) Lair:7       Vaults (5/5) D:19
  Blade (0/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (0/5) Vaults:3   
   Dis: Hell:1         Geh: Hell:1         Coc: Hell:1         Tar: Hell:1

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:6 }   D:7 [   D:12 =   D:15 !   D:16 %   D:22 *   Orc:2 *   Orc:3 *   Orc:4 **[[   Vaults:1 ?[

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22
Abyss: D:21
Trove: D:11 (show slimy rune of Zot)

Annotations:
D:1 Stuck loot
D:7 exclusion: downstairs
Elf:1 exclusion: deep elf demonologist, Rupert
Shoals:3 exclusion: oklob plant

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have very sharp teeth.
You have a fast metabolism.
Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful.

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Short sword       |    12 |     9 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    21
       Dagger            |       |       |    11 |    57 |   637 |    37 |    28 |     2 ||   772
       Long sword        |       |       |       |       |   112 |   927 |  1326 |   137 ||  2502
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
       Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |    27 ||    40
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |       ||     5
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 ||     5
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |    16 |       |       |       |       |       ||    16
 Cast: Shock             |    83 |   132 |   335 |   700 |   748 |   701 |   484 |    39 ||  3222
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    14 ||   163
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    36 ||   469
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    13 ||   597
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     4 |    12 |    10 |    26 |    51 |    20 ||   123
       Searing Ray       |       |       |     2 |     9 |    37 |    32 |     4 |       ||    84
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |       ||   107
       Static Discharge  |       |       |     1 |    13 |    71 |    51 |    24 |       ||   160
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    24 ||   105
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    15 ||   143
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 ||    18
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    15 ||    32
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |     8 |     5 |     4 |       |       ||    18
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 ||     4
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |     3 ||    83
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |       ||    15
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |     6 ||    84
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       ||     6
       Held in net/web   |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |       ||    11

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 17:03

I would not enchant boots/helmet without rCorr, it's a waste IMHO.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 17:18

Sandman25 wrote:I would not enchant boots/helmet without rCorr, it's a waste IMHO.

I would swap all non-artifacts with junk items I went into slime without preservation. I do have {rCorr Str+4 Dex+2} amulet, but I don't like the amulet swapping approach to slime. Although... I'll do it if I have to.

I still have a chance to find preservation in the last 5 levels of D, or the first few of Zot. Although I'll have to take care not to let yellow draconians kill my stuff. :(

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 17:55

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Tornado Hybrid... success (3/15)

Yes, I meant Yellow Draconians, it's hard to avoid corrosion from them.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 18:33

Wizmode testing against Stone giant, with 15 fighting.

• +7,+10 long sword of freezing w/ 14 long blades: 10.9 damage per aut
  • +4 dagger of electrocution w/ 10 short blades: 12.3 damage per aut
  • +5 great sword w/ 18 long blades: 12.5 damage per aut
  • +5 double sword of slicing w/ 16 long blades: 13.3 damage per aut
  • +5 long sword of electrocution w/ 14 long blades: 13.8 damage per aut
  • +18 wyrmbane w/ 12 polearms: 16.2 damage per aut
  • Staff of Air w/ 12 staves, 24 air, 5 evocations: 25.7 damage per aut

Okay... maybe there isn't any question about weapon choice; it seems the only reason to wield anything other than a staff of air is for the extra features: staff of energy, the long sword for MR++, Wyrmbane for {AC+5 rF+ rPois}; or against enemies with rElec. (of which there will be plenty in extended)

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 19:49

swapping between wyrmbane and |air is pretty good.

not enchanting accessory armour is usually not so good. being enchanted will help against corrosion, and AC will help with not dying. try to keep rmsl (or dmsl) on in any zot fight.
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 16th November 2013, 19:55

Enchanting accessory armour really depends on character. If you are a caster in archmagi robe, it is a good idea to enchant everything because you have high EV (it helps to avoid corrosion) and don't need enchant armour scrolls any way. If you are a heavy armour character hoping to get some dragon armour some day, it makes sense to save those enchant armour scrolls for later (if you feel comfortable enough without them).
So yes, my advice was bad for the character, sorry.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 04:00

Impatience got the better of me, so I went to slime anyways. Bought the book with deflect missiles, and ditched Searing Ray and Static Discharge for Deflect Missiles and Airstrike. Swapped in junk helmet/boots, put on a non-elven cloak, keep the dwarven buckler. Switched to my artifact ring mail.

I only did a partial clearing of Slime:1 through Slime:5 to wipe out anything near my path. This was unusually uneventful.

Slime:6 fell fairly easily. The only dangerous moment was early on when clearing the outer ring, I stepped on a teleport trap. If it had dropped me in TRJ's chamber, that would have been scary!

The actual fight with TRJ was fairly easy... even though I forgot to bring potions of speed! (or maybe an Azure Jelly got them?) Just fire Tornado and circle around TRJ (I was too chicken to face him in melee!). This is nearly enough to kill TRJ and a big chunk of his summons. I blink away when Tornado runs out, then fire Tornado again as soon as I can. That finishes off TRJ and most of the rest of the summons.

Not too much in the loot chamber. {rF+ MR+ AC+2} ring is nice, and there was a +1 boots of {Str+5 Int+4}, but I should probably keep boots of running.

Treasure trove was disappointing: books/staves/scrolls. Although, it was a lot of enchant weapon scrolls if I ever need them. I do have Conjure Ball Lightning available now, though.

Code:

Kelly the Anemomancer (High Elf Air Elementalist)  Turns: 90624, Time: 11:07:53

HP 159/159       AC 22     Str 10      XL: 23   Next: 77%
MP  43/43        EV 30     Int 24      God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 6367        SH 13     Dex 19      Spells: 13 memorised,  1 level left

Res.Fire  : + + +   See Invis. : +   (no weapon)
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : +   e - +2 ring mail of Articulation {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}
Life Prot.: + + .   Conserve   : .   z - +1 dwarf buckler
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   H - +2 golden helmet {Int+3}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   E - +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   L - +2 pair of boots {run}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   V - amulet "Zauwed" {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-}
Saprovore : . . .                    u - ring "Psakyere" {rF+ MR+ AC+2}
                                     f - +5 ring of evasion

@: quick, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, very stealthy
a: Renounce Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage
}: 4/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, gossamer

You are on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts.
You worship Vehumet.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and seen 60 of its levels.
You have also visited: Labyrinth, Trove and Bailey.

You have collected 8805 gold pieces.
You have spent 2458 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 c - the +7,+10 long sword "Mucrid" {freeze, +Fly MR++ SInv}

It lets you fly.
 d - the +11,+8 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}

It affects your AC (+5).
   It lets you go berserk.
Armour
 e - the +2 ring mail of Articulation (worn) {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}
   (You acquired it on level 1 of the Shoals)   

It affects your strength (-4).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It lets you go berserk.
 z - a +1 dwarven buckler (worn)
 E - the +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" (worn) {rElec SInv Stlth++}

H - a +2 golden helmet of intelligence (worn)
 L - a +2 pair of boots of running (worn)
Magical devices
 v - a wand of digging (2)
 C - a wand of disintegration (10)
 D - a wand of draining (6)
Comestibles
 h - 2 meat rations
Scrolls
 j - 3 scrolls of teleportation
 w - 3 scrolls of blinking
 y - a scroll of fear
 F - 2 scrolls of fog
Jewellery
 k - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 r - an uncursed ring of sustenance
 t - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 u - the ring "Psakyere" (right hand) {rF+ MR+ AC+2}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)   

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+2).
 A - an uncursed amulet of conservation
 N - the ring "Isasosomn" {rElec rF+}

[ring of protection from fire]
 O - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 S - the amulet of the King {rCorr Str+4 Dex+2}

[amulet of resist corrosion]
   It affects your strength (+4).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
 V - the amulet "Zauwed" (around neck) {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-}

[amulet of warding]
Potions
 g - 2 potions of invisibility
 B - 3 potions of curing
Magical staves
 a - an uncursed staff of air

Skills:
 - Level 15.0 Fighting
   Level 10.0 Short Blades
 - Level 14.0 Long Blades
 - Level 12.0 Staves
 - Level 10.0 Armour
 - Level 20.0 Dodging
 - Level 9.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 + Level 15.5 Spellcasting
 - Level 4.0 Charms
 - Level 25.0 Air Magic
 - Level 5.0 Evocations

You have one spell level left.

a - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   5%          6    ####...
b - Iskenderun's Battles  Conj/Chrm      #######.     1%          4    None
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           #######...   5%          7    ######.
g - Airstrike             Air            ########..   1%          4    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   4%          1    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            ########..   10%         9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          3    None

Branches:
Dungeon (22/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:7
 Spider (5/5) Lair:3        Slime (6/6) Lair:7       Vaults (5/5) D:19
  Blade (0/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (0/5) Vaults:3   

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:6 }   D:7 [   D:12 =   D:15 !   D:16 %   D:22 *   Orc:2 *   Orc:3 *   Orc:4 **[[   Vaults:1 ?[

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22
Abyss: D:21

Annotations:

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Short sword       |    12 |     9 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    21
       Dagger            |       |       |    11 |    57 |   637 |    37 |    28 |     2 ||   772
       Long sword        |       |       |       |       |   112 |   927 |  1326 |   137 ||  2502
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
       Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |   426 ||   439
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |       ||     5
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 ||     5
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |    16 |       |       |       |       |       ||    16
 Cast: Shock             |    83 |   132 |   335 |   700 |   748 |   701 |   484 |    47 ||  3230
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    15 ||   164
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    37 ||   470
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    16 ||   600
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     4 |    12 |    10 |    26 |    51 |    20 ||   123
       Searing Ray       |       |       |     2 |     9 |    37 |    32 |     4 |       ||    84
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |       ||   107
       Static Discharge  |       |       |     1 |    13 |    71 |    51 |    24 |       ||   160
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    29 ||   110
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    22 ||   150
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 ||    18
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    23 ||    40
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    72 ||    72
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    24 ||    24
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |     8 |     5 |     4 |       |     4 ||    22
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 ||     4
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |    12 ||    92
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |       ||    15
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |    13 ||    91
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       ||     6
       Held in net/web   |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |       ||    11

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 04:17

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Tornado Hybrid... success (4/15)

I would use Int+4 boots, boots of running give just -0.1 speed and you have Switfness with -0.2 speed when needed. 10% Tornado can result in severity 3 miscast (12-40 Airstrike) and that +4 Int can greatly help with that. Don't you really have a source of wizardry?
Also that Str +5 from the boots can give you some EV if I am not mistaken.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 11:24

My only sources of wizardry are a staff, and an artifact ring with Hunger attached.

The boots are cursed so I didn't try them on, but trying on a ring of Str+4 and a ring of Int+4 together give me one extra EV, and reduce the failure rate on OOD and Tornado by 2 percentage points (i.e. down to 3% and 8% from 5% and 10%).

But what matters most is the odds of a miscast, not the failure rate, and unfortunately that number (and what effect stats have) is far from evident.

I can't decide how important the faster movement speed is. In the early game I had to do a lot of movement to set up double-zaps and to zap lines of monsters, but I don't need to do that so much anymore.

On the other hand, corridors are currently significant weakness for my character: while I still have melee and lightning bolt, I need to retreat back to more open areas if I want to unleash my high powered magic, so that's a point in favor of keeping my movement speed up. And when casting Tornado, movement speed helps both to play "keep slightly away" from the monsters, as well as making it somewhat safer to charge towards a group of enemies to get the most out of Tornado.

It's hard to judge the benefit of moving faster versus EV+1 AC-1 and fewer casting failures.

Hrm. Do my next destinations have any influence on things? Well, I think running speed will help a lot in the abyss. As for Zot... it would be nice save my boots of running until after I get preservation, but having running will decrease the time I spend moving around in range of dragon breath.

Still can't decide!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 12:35

If you have staff of wizardry (why isn't it in inventory?), go with boots of running, you will have below 5% failure rate any way.
Odds of miscast are directly proportional to failure rate so the main idea is simple - the lower failure rate the better ;)

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 13:31

Is it actually proportional? If it is, the proportion does matter. If the rate of dangerous miscast is small enough, improving the rate doesn't really matter.

I'm not using staff of wizardry to cast Tornado since I'm using staff of energy to cast Tornado. ;) 64 times already, and I haven't even entered Abyss or Pan! I like the flexibility to throw it around frequently without having to worry about food. I have fast metabolism I now, so food is even more of an issue.

Failure rate is down to 6% now, though.

Anyways, I went and cleared dungeon. D:25 was a treasure floor (is it always a treasure floor?), and it had enough dragons to take wyrmbane from +11,+8 to +18,+18, so that was nice too.

In the process of transferring my stash, I learned that I have a book of wizardry. So I'll be working on getting Haste soon.

Encumbrance is being annoying. That might tip the scales towards using the Str+5 Int+4 boots instead of running.

I'll probably open Zot before the abyss: I still want preservation! I should probably do crypt next, though. I hope my corridor weakness isn't a problem there... I'm probably buff enough in melee that it won't matter.

Code:

Kelly the Anemomancer (High Elf Air Elementalist) Turns: 104560, Time: 12:48:15

HP 164/175       AC 23     Str 11      XL: 25   Next: 63%
MP  45/45        EV 30     Int 25      God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 6802        SH 13     Dex 19      Spells: 13 memorised,  5 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   a - staff of air
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : .   p - +2 ring mail of Articulation {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}
Life Prot.: + . .   Conserve   : +   N - +1 dwarf buckler
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   e - +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   L - +2 pair of boots {run}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   Q - amulet of conservation
                                     f - +5 ring of evasion

@: quick, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely stealthy
}: 4/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, gossamer

You are in the Vestibule of Hell.
You worship Vehumet.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and seen 65 of its levels.

You have collected 9240 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 c - the +7,+10 long sword "Mucrid" {freeze, +Fly MR++ SInv}

It lets you fly.
 d - the +18,+18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}

It affects your AC (+5).
   It lets you go berserk.
Armour
 e - the +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" (worn) {rElec SInv Stlth++}

p - the +2 ring mail of Articulation (worn) {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}

It lets you go berserk.
 N - a +1 dwarven buckler (worn)
Magical devices
 g - a wand of digging (2)
 k - a wand of disintegration {zapped: 5}
 M - a wand of heal wounds (4)
Comestibles
 l - a snozzcumber
 m - 2 pears
 o - 5 chunks of yaktaur flesh
 Z - 2 chokos
Scrolls
 h - 2 scrolls of fog
 G - 2 scrolls of fear
Jewellery

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+2).
 Q - an amulet of conservation (around neck)

V - the amulet "Zauwed" {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-}

[amulet of warding]
Potions
 s - a potion of magic
 v - 2 potions of speed
 U - 3 potions of curing
Magical staves
 a - an uncursed staff of air (weapon)
Miscellaneous
 z - a disc of storms
 A - a phial of floods
 B - a phial of floods
 C - a phial of floods
 D - a lamp of fire
 E - a stone of tremors

Skills:
 + Level 16.2 Fighting
   Level 10.0 Short Blades
 - Level 14.0 Long Blades
 - Level 12.0 Polearms
 - Level 12.0 Staves
 + Level 12.1 Armour
 - Level 20.0 Dodging
 - Level 10.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 + Level 16.8 Spellcasting
 - Level 4.0 Charms
 * Level 26.5 Air Magic
 + Level 7.2 Evocations

You have 5 spell levels left.

a - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ########..   3%          6    ####...
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           #######...   3%          7    #####..
d - Freezing Cloud        Conj/Ice/Air   ########..   1%          6    ####...
g - Airstrike             Air            ########..   1%          4    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   3%          1    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       ########..   1%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ########..   1%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            ########..   6%          9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       ########..   1%          3    None

Branches:
Dungeon (27/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:7
  Blade (0/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (0/5) Vaults:3        Zot (0/5) D:27

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27
Abyss: D:21 D:25 D:26 D:27
Pandemonium: D:24 D:26

Annotations:

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Short sword       |    12 |     9 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    21
       Dagger            |       |       |    11 |    57 |   637 |    37 |    28 |     2 |       ||   772
       Long sword        |       |       |       |       |   112 |   927 |  1326 |   158 |       ||  2523
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
       Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |  1058 |   342 ||  1413
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |       |       ||     5
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   161 |    90 ||   251
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |    16 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    16
 Cast: Shock             |    83 |   132 |   335 |   700 |   748 |   701 |   484 |    53 |       ||  3236
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    20 |     2 ||   171
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    78 |    15 ||   526
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    20 |       ||   604
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     4 |    12 |    10 |    26 |    51 |    23 |     2 ||   128
       Searing Ray       |       |       |     2 |     9 |    37 |    32 |     4 |       |       ||    84
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |     7 |     3 ||   117
       Static Discharge  |       |       |     1 |    13 |    71 |    51 |    24 |       |       ||   160
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    47 |     3 ||   131
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    39 |     7 ||   174
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 |     2 ||    20
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    41 |     6 ||    64
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    79 |    12 ||    91
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    28 |     7 ||    35
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |     8 |     5 |     4 |       |     4 |       ||    22
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 |       ||     4
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |    20 |       ||   100
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |     1 |       ||    16
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |    37 |     4 ||   119
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       |       ||     6
       Held in net/web   |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       |       ||     3
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |     3 |     2 ||    16
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |       ||     4

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 14:10

Yes, miscast is proportional.

Code:
int spfl = random2avg(100, 3);
 if (spfl < spfail_chance)
            fail = spfail_chance - spfl;
severity = (pow * fail * (10 + pow) / 7 * WILD_MAGIC_NASTINESS) / 100;

As you can see above, severity level depends linearly on spell failure rate and even more depends on spell power so with high spell power you really want to have as little failure rate as possible.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 17:35

What to do about pan lords? I did some wizmode testing, and I have better than even odds of beat down Cerebov with just haste+tornado+staff of air, assuming I start nearby and there is nothing else around. I usually lose if he spams fire storm.

I guess I'll just have to ninja that rune, then.

I think I can beat down Lom Lobon too. There is, however, a path to embarassing death: if he actually lands enough anti-magic hits to drain me before I can cast a second Tornado, and he manages to shatter any potions of magic I'm carrying. Kiting Lom seems a bit more reliable, although he's more spell-happy that way.

I doubt Mnoleg will be any tougher than my previous SpEn+Tornado experiences. Although, I don't have Sp's near immunity to magic, so I suppose I should fear an unlucky confuse.

Gloorx Vloq... hurts. I hate torment. I don't understand how I beat him with my SpEn. However, he does seem to have trouble getting me from 25% to 0% health. Gloorx is fast too; I need to figure out how to deal with this when I go to Pan....

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 17th November 2013, 20:09

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Holy Pan, batman! (5/15)

I was startled upon entering zot: an orb of fire and a Zot trap were both visible from the entryway. :( Fortunately, they didn't give much trouble.

Cleared Zot (except for orb chamber) and got the abyssal rune. No preservation. So I geared up and entered pan.

The very first floor is a holy floor. The first one I've ever seen, too. So far, this has had two excellent perks:
  • Elyvilon's area had a pearl dragon. I finally get to wear a pearl dragon armour, after the last several games where I've had to pass on it!
  • Zin's area had a silver star. I am no longer afflicted with fast metabolism I nor wild magic I

My spell success rates are excellent now. Even wearing a pearl dragon armour, my miscast rate on tornado is merely 2%! I can't wait until I escape Pan and can spend the rest of my enchant armour scrolls: I'm going to have really good AC and EV.

EDIT: and TSO's vault had a +2 PDA, and the amulet "Quupier" {rMut rElec rN+}. :)

Code:

Kelly the Meteorologist (HEAE)                    Turns: 126256, Time: 15:25:09

HP 182/200       AC 36     Str 20      XL: 27
MP  46/46        EV 35     Int 30      God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 9758        SH 14     Dex 20      Spells: 15 memorised,  0 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : +   c - +18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   L - +0 pearl dragon armour
Life Prot.: + . .   Conserve   : +   N - +1 dwarf buckler
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   e - +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   m - +1 pair of boots "Ejagen" {Str+4 Int+5}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   Q - amulet of conservation
                                     f - +5 ring of evasion

@: regenerating, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely
stealthy
A: no striking features
}: 5/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, abyssal, gossamer

You are in Pandemonium.
You worship Vehumet.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 12 branches of the dungeon, and seen 75 of its levels.
You have visited Pandemonium 1 time, and seen 1 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 1 time.

You have collected 12196 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 c - the +18,+18 lance "Wyrmbane" (weapon) {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}

It affects your AC (+5).
   It lets you go berserk.
 o - a jewelled scimitar
 W - a +3,+3 eudemon blade of holy wrath
Armour

m - the +1 pair of boots "Ejagen" (worn) {Str+4 Int+5}

It affects your intelligence (+5).
 p - the +2 ring mail of Articulation {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}

It lets you go berserk.
 J - a smoking large shield
 L - a +0 pearl dragon armour (worn)
 Y - a glowing robe
Magical devices
 d - a wand of digging (2)
 G - a wand of digging
 M - a wand of heal wounds (8)
 R - a wand of disintegration {zapped: 2}
Comestibles
 k - 5 bread rations
 q - a lychee
 P - a slice of pizza
 U - a meat ration
 Z - a banana
Scrolls
 h - 2 scrolls of fog
 l - a scroll of recharging
 T - 2 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 n - an uncursed ring of teleport control
 t - an uncursed ring of teleportation

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+2).
 y - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 F - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 Q - an amulet of conservation (around neck)

[amulet of warding]
Potions
 g - 6 potions of curing
 i - 4 potions of heal wounds
 s - a potion of cure mutation
 v - 2 potions of speed
 O - a potion of agility
Magical staves
 a - an uncursed staff of air
Miscellaneous
 z - a disc of storms
 A - a phial of floods
 B - a phial of floods
 C - a phial of floods
 D - a fan of gales
 E - a fan of gales
 X - an ornate deck of cards

Skills:
 * Level 20.0 Fighting
   Level 10.0 Short Blades
 - Level 14.0 Long Blades
 - Level 12.0 Polearms
 - Level 12.0 Staves
 + Level 18.0 Armour
 - Level 24.0 Dodging
 - Level 15.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 - Level 17.5 Spellcasting
 - Level 12.0 Charms
 O Level 27 Air Magic
 - Level 9.0 Evocations

You cannot memorise any spells.

a - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          6    ##.....
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           #######...   1%          7    ####...
d - Freezing Cloud        Conj/Ice/Air   #######...   1%          6    ##.....
e - Haste                 Chrm           #######.     2%          6    ##.....
f - Shock                 Conj/Air       ####         0%          1    None
g - Airstrike             Air            ########..   0%          4    None
h - Lightning Bolt        Conj/Air       ########..   0%          5    None
i - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ######....   1%          3    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           #####.....   1%          1    None
q - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            ########..   2%          9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          3    None

Branches:
  Blade (0/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (5/5) Vaults:3       Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2
    Zot (5/5) D:27       

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:

Portals:

Annotations:
Zot:1 1 exclusion
Zot:5 1 exclusion

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Short sword       |    12 |     9 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    21
       Dagger            |       |       |    11 |    57 |   637 |    37 |    28 |     2 |       ||   772
       Long sword        |       |       |       |       |   112 |   927 |  1326 |   158 |       ||  2523
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
       Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |  1058 |  1484 ||  2555
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |       |       ||     5
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   161 |  1426 ||  1587
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |    16 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    16
 Cast: Shock             |    83 |   132 |   335 |   700 |   748 |   701 |   484 |    53 |       ||  3236
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    20 |    31 ||   200
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    78 |    58 ||   569
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    20 |     5 ||   609
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     4 |    12 |    10 |    26 |    51 |    23 |     3 ||   129
       Searing Ray       |       |       |     2 |     9 |    37 |    32 |     4 |       |       ||    84
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |     7 |    31 ||   145
       Static Discharge  |       |       |     1 |    13 |    71 |    51 |    24 |       |       ||   160
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    47 |    41 ||   169
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    39 |    62 ||   229
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 |    30 ||    48
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    41 |    68 ||   126
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    79 |   142 ||   221
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    28 |    19 ||    47
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     6 ||     7
       Haste             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    18 ||    18
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |     8 |     5 |     4 |       |     4 |       ||    22
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 |     1 ||     5
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |    20 |     6 ||   106
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |     1 |     2 ||    18
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |    37 |    34 ||   149
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       |       ||     6
       Held in net/web   |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       |       ||     3
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |     3 |    14 ||    28
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     8 ||    12

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 05:56

Re: CIP: HEAE of Veh : Holy Pan, batman! (6/15)

I'll be glad when item destruction is removed. It's... painful to go through Pan without cloak of preservation. I tried swapping conservation/rMut, but that means I can be mutated before I can react to monsters entering LOS, and I picked up blurry vision, berserkeritis, and deformed body. Fortunately, potion of cure mutation on next floor took care of all of those (and I have a few in my stash), but it is still annoying!

Got demonic rune quickly, so that's good progress. The rune vault was that one with smoke demons hiding behind grates. I like vaults that try and be sneaky like that, because I just fire a freezing cloud and turn the tables. :)

I've never had such good defenses on a character: I've never come close to having both that much AC and EV at the same time.

Code:

Kelly the Meteorologist (HEAE)                    Turns: 136858, Time: 16:59:49

HP 216/216       AC 40     Str 16      XL: 27
MP  46/46        EV 34     Int 22 (25) God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 9911        SH 14     Dex 20      Spells: 15 memorised,  0 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : +   a - staff of air
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   J - +9 pearl dragon armour
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : .   N - +1 dwarf buckler
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   H - +2 golden helmet {Int+3}
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   m - +1 cloak {MR+}
Res.Mut.  : +       Stasis     : .   L - +2 pair of boots {run}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   Y - amulet "Quupier" {rMut rElec rN+}
Saprovore : . . .                    y - ring of positive energy
                                     f - +5 ring of evasion

@: quick, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely stealthy
A: no striking features
a: Renounce Religion
}: 6/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, abyssal, demonic, gossamer

You are in the Vestibule of Hell.
You worship Vehumet.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 12 branches of the dungeon, and seen 75 of its levels.
You have visited Pandemonium 3 times, and seen 7 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 2 times.

You have collected 12833 gold pieces.
You have spent 2942 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 c - the +18,+18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}

It affects your AC (+5).
   It lets you go berserk.
Armour

m - a +1 cloak of magic resistance (worn)
 p - the +2 ring mail of Articulation {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4}

It lets you go berserk.
 J - a +9 pearl dragon armour (worn)
Magical devices
 l - a wand of draining
 G - a wand of digging
 I - a wand of teleportation (8)
 R - a wand of disintegration {zapped: 2}
Comestibles
 U - 4 meat rations
 W - 3 chunks of red draconian flesh
Scrolls
 j - a scroll of teleportation
 o - 4 scrolls of identify
 q - 4 scrolls of remove curse
 w - 4 scrolls of blinking
 T - a scroll of fear
Jewellery
 d - an uncursed ring of regeneration
 n - an uncursed ring of teleport control
 t - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 u - the ring "Psakyere" {rF+ MR+ AC+2}

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+2).
 y - a ring of positive energy (right hand)
 F - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 Q - an uncursed amulet of conservation

[amulet of warding]
 Y - the amulet "Quupier" (around neck) {rMut rElec rN+}
   (You took it off a seraph in Pandemonium)   

[amulet of resist mutation]
Potions
 g - 4 potions of curing
 i - 5 potions of heal wounds
 s - a potion of magic
 v - 2 potions of speed
Magical staves
 a - an uncursed staff of air (weapon)
Miscellaneous
 z - a disc of storms
 A - a phial of floods
 B - a phial of floods
 C - a phial of floods
 D - a fan of gales
 E - a fan of gales

Skills:
 + Level 24.9 Fighting
   Level 10.0 Short Blades
   Level 14.0 Long Blades
 - Level 12.0 Polearms
 - Level 12.0 Staves
 - Level 19.0 Armour
 - Level 25.0 Dodging
 - Level 15.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 - Level 17.5 Spellcasting
 - Level 12.0 Charms
 O Level 27 Air Magic
 - Level 9.0 Evocations

You cannot memorise any spells.

a - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ########..   1%          6    ####...
b - Iskenderun's Battles  Conj/Chrm      ######..     1%          4    None
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ######....   3%          7    ######.
e - Haste                 Chrm           ######..     8%          6    ####...
g - Airstrike             Air            ########..   0%          4    None
i - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #####.....   1%          3    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           ####......   1%          1    None
q - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       ########..   0%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ########..   0%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            ########..   4%          9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       ########..   0%          3    None

Branches:

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:

Portals:

Annotations:

Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |  1058 |  2059 ||  3130
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   161 |  2195 ||  2356
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    20 |    53 ||   222
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    78 |    62 ||   573
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    20 |     5 ||   609
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     4 |    12 |    10 |    26 |    51 |    23 |     3 ||   129
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |     7 |    42 ||   156
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    47 |    56 ||   184
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    39 |   101 ||   268
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 |    33 ||    51
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    41 |   114 ||   172
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    79 |   319 ||   398
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    28 |    43 ||    71
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     9 ||    10
       Haste             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    12 ||    12
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    60 ||    60
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 |     2 ||     6
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |    20 |    22 ||   122
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |     1 |     4 ||    20
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |    37 |    41 ||   156
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |     3 |    32 ||    46
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     9 ||    13

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 06:29

Other than Mnoleg's level, if you are routinely getting mutated by things as soon as they come into view something else is wrong, like maybe you're with chei or in statue form or fatfingering tt. Picking up summon butterflies would help with neqoxecs (and many more dangerous things), though.

I like your skill training.

For this message the author rchandra has received thanks:
Hurkyl

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 07:32

rchandra wrote:Other than Mnoleg's level, if you are routinely getting mutated by things as soon as they come into view something else is wrong, like maybe you're with chei or in statue form or fatfingering tt. Picking up summon butterflies would help with neqoxecs (and many more dangerous things), though.

I like your skill training.

Well, I think just the one was before I had any time to react: I suspect the problem there might have been that a previously viewed monster coming into view (a cacodemon blowing up a wall) doesn't interrupt multi-turn actions (eating).

But I know it's possible in other ways, since I've had it happen in other games: e.g. wandering the abyss, move into LOS of a neq so that it gets the first move, and *bam*, mutation, and my first attempt at using summon butterflies to block mutations in Slime Pits resulted in a shining eye finding a line of fire through a three-rows-deep wall of butterflies. :(

I do feel a little silly having trained to 10+ skill in four different weapon skills, but I still think it was the right choice. The blades were a great help getting me to late game, and staves/polearms provided a quick path to reasonable endgame weapons. Otherwise, I'm quite happy that I could get the skills to do exactly what I wanted to do: be a buff melee character that throws around Tornado to kill groups or big things.

But now that you mention it, I realize I should think again about weapon training now that fighting/dodging are nearing max. I can't do much more to buff staff of air, but I have a eudemon blade that will become pretty good vs demons/undead if I train up long blades some more and go buy that +2,+6 ring of slaying. I could even switch to double sword of slicing or triple sword, and I have a big pile of enchant/brand weapon and scrolls to enchant something up if I decide on something.

You also reminded me that I should go finish off my stealth manual.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 11:37

Re: CIP: YASD of Veh : Holy Pan, batman! (6/15)

How do people clear Zigs? I'm sure this is by far the best prepared I've been for one, but I didn't even break my record. Also, I still hate torment. Is torment immunity a prerequisite to even have a chance?

I suppose I should have stopped after having storm bow and manual of bows and gone to train that up, then find another zig and try using bows to soften things up then spam tornado when things get close.

I think I'm going to give up on extended. It's just too unfun.

Code:

965119 Kelly the Meteorologist (level 27, -7/212 (216) HPs)
             Began as a High Elf Air Elementalist on Nov 11, 2013.
             Was the Champion of Vehumet.
             Killed by an indirect mummy death curse (26 damage)
             ... on Level 15 of a ziggurat on Nov 18, 2013.
             The game lasted 19:38:00 (156636 turns).

Kelly the Meteorologist (HEAE)                    Turns: 156636, Time: 19:38:00

HP  -7/212 (216) AC 40     Str 27      XL: 27
MP  47/47        EV 45     Int 22 (27) God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 6239        SH 14     Dex 20      Spells: 14 memorised,  2 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   t - +11,+7 quick blade "Sharaosm" {stab, -Tele +Fly rElec rN+ Stlth+}
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   J - +10 pearl dragon armour (curse)
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : .   N - +1 dwarf buckler
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   K - +1 helmet of the Original Sin {MR+ Str+4 Stlth++}
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   x - +0 cloak of Submission {Str+3 Int+4}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   j - +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++}
Res.Mut.  : +       Prev.Telep.: +   L - +1 pair of boots {run} (curse)
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : +   Y - cursed amulet "Quupier" {rMut rElec rN+}
Saprovore : . . .                    c - ring of Xom's Flight of Fancy {rF+ Str+4 Int+3}
                                     S - cursed +5 ring of evasion

@: recuperating, phasing, flying (expiring), studying 2 skills, diseased, very
slightly contaminated, rotting, slowed, tornado, very slow, extraordinarily
resistant to hostile enchantments, incredibly stealthy
A: Int -2
a: Renounce Religion
}: 6/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, abyssal, demonic, gossamer

You were on level 15 of a ziggurat.
You worshipped Vehumet.
Vehumet was exalted by your worship.
You were very full.

You visited 12 branches of the dungeon, and saw 75 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 9 times, and saw 21 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 4 times.
You visited 1 Ziggurat, and saw 15 of its levels.
You also visited: Labyrinth, Trove and Bailey.

You collected 14530 gold pieces.
You spent 4271 gold pieces at shops.
You used 4040 gold pieces for miscellaneous purposes.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 k - a +8,+7 eudemon blade of holy wrath
 m - the cursed +18,+18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5, =f}

It affects your AC (+5).
   It lets you go berserk.
   It has a curse placed upon it.
 t - the +11,+7 quick blade "Sharaosm" (weapon) {stab, -Tele +Fly rElec rN+ Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 11 of a ziggurat)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It lets you fly.
   It prevents most forms of teleportation.
 G - the +8,+8 storm bow {elec}
   (You found it on level 3 of a ziggurat)   

It charges the ammunition it shoots with electricity; occasionally upon a
   hit, such missiles may discharge and cause terrible harm.
Missiles
 R - 18 arrows
Armour
 j - the +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" (worn) {rElec SInv Stlth++}

r - the +2 helmet of Shaule Nulo {Dam+5 Stlth++}
   (You acquired it on level 5 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+5).
 x - the cursed +0 cloak of Submission (worn) {Str+3 Int+4}
   (You acquired it in Pandemonium)   

It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your intelligence (+4).
 y - the +1 ratskin cloak {rPois rN+ Dex-1 Int-1}
   (You found it on level 14 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your intelligence (-1).
   It affects your dexterity (-1).
 J - a cursed +10 pearl dragon armour (worn)
 K - the +1 helmet of the Original Sin (worn) {MR+ Str+4 Stlth++}
   (You found it in Pandemonium)   

L - a cursed +1 pair of boots of running (worn)
 Z - the +3 shield "Fixkeila" {rF+ rC+ Curse}
   (You acquired it on level 8 of a ziggurat)   

It protects you from cold.
   It may recurse itself.
Magical devices
 I - a wand of teleportation (8)
 O - a wand of disintegration (8)
Comestibles
 T - 3 beef jerkies
 U - 6 meat rations
Scrolls
 e - 2 scrolls of fog
 o - 8 scrolls of teleportation
 p - 7 scrolls of identify
 q - 3 scrolls of remove curse
 w - 3 scrolls of blinking
Jewellery
 c - the ring of Xom's Flight of Fancy (right hand) {rF+ Str+4 Int+3}
   (You found it on level 12 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of protection from fire]
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
 f - a cursed ring of protection from cold
 h - a cursed +2,+6 ring of slaying
 n - a cursed ring of teleport control
 u - the cursed ring "Psakyere" {rF+ MR+ AC+2}

[ring of protection]
   It affects your AC (+2).
 Q - a cursed amulet of conservation
 S - a cursed +5 ring of evasion (left hand)

[amulet of warding]
 W - a cursed ring of regeneration
 Y - the cursed amulet "Quupier" (around neck) {rMut rElec rN+}
   (You took it off a seraph in Pandemonium)   

[amulet of resist mutation]
Potions
 g - 3 potions of curing
 i - 4 potions of heal wounds
 s - 2 potions of magic
 v - 2 potions of speed
 P - 5 potions of cure mutation
Books
 d - a manual of Bows
 H - a manual of Dodging
 X - a book of the Warp   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   Recall                             Summoning/Translocation      3
   Control Teleport                   Charms/Translocation         4
   *Phase Shift                       Translocation                5
   Warp Weapon                        Charms/Translocation         5
   Dispersal                          Translocation                6
   *Controlled Blink                  Translocation                7
   Disjunction                        Translocation                8
Magical staves
 a - a cursed staff of air
 b - a cursed staff of energy
Miscellaneous
 l - a fan of gales
 z - a disc of storms
 A - a phial of floods
 B - a phial of floods
 C - a phial of floods
 D - a phial of floods
 E - a fan of gales
 F - a fan of gales

Skills:
 - Level 25.2 Fighting
 - Level 10.0 Short Blades
 - Level 19.4 Long Blades
 - Level 12.0 Polearms
 - Level 12.0 Staves
 - Level 4.4 Bows
 - Level 22.0 Armour
 - Level 25.3 Dodging
 - Level 18.5 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 - Level 19.4 Spellcasting
 - Level 12.0 Charms
 + Level 14.0 Translocations
 O Level 27 Air Magic
 - Level 9.0 Evocations

You had 2 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

a - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          6    ####...
b - Phase Shift           Tloc           ######....   1%          5    None
c - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ######....   1%          7    #####..
d - Freezing Cloud        Conj/Ice/Air   ######....   1%          6    ####...
e - Haste                 Chrm           ######..     2%          6    ####...
g - Airstrike             Air            #######...   0%          4    None
h - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          10%         7    #####..
i - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #####.....   1%          3    None
l - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   0%          1    None
q - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          0%          2    None
s - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          2    None
u - Tornado               Air            #######...   2%          9    #######
v - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          3    None

Branches:

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:

Portals:

Annotations:

You are dopey. (Int -2)

Message History

Vehumet accepts your kill.
You feel your power returning.
You feel extremely nervous for a moment...
You convulse helplessly as pain tears through your body!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Your Translocations skill increases to level 14!
You destroy the phantasmal warrior! You destroy the flaming corpse! You destroy the freezing wraith!
You destroy the freezing wraith! You destroy the guardian mummy!
You smell decay.
You destroy the mummy! You destroy the shadow! You destroy the ettin skeleton!
You destroy the guardian mummy!
You convulse helplessly as pain tears through your body!
You die...

.........##
  ..............#
.................#
......z.p..........
...........Z.......#
..........pnW.......#
.........zM...z......#
........WZp.W§.§..[:.#
.....WpZp.nW§§§§§?:|}#
......p###Z.§ZWM§§Zn:##
......z#z#.§M§@§§M:>|!#
......z###.V§M§§§§:n}##
.........z.z.§§§MM=":#
............V§§§.....#
.....................#
....................#
...................#
......... .........
......       ...

You could see 2 greater mummies, 2 mummy priests, a curse skull, 3 guardian
mummies, 4 flaming corpses, 5 freezing wraiths, 2 hungry ghosts, 2 vampires, 2
necrophages, 2 shadows, 2 wights, a frost giant simulacrum, 2 stone giant
zombies, 2 stone giant skeletons and a fire giant skeleton.

Vanquished Creatures
  the royal jelly (Slime:6)
  2 orbs of fire
  4 ancient liches
  The ghost of Kelly the Meteorologist, a legendary SpEn of Sif Muna (Pan)
  Khufu (Crypt:3)
  A player illusion (Crypt:1)
  5 greater mummies
  Saint Roka (D:19)
  Boris (twice) (D:26 Crypt:4)
  A seraph (Pan)
  A silver star (Pan)
  15 pandemonium lords (Pan)
  Mara (Crypt:1)
  Mennas (D:23)
  Geryon (Hell)
  9 golden dragons
  2 curse toes
  2 pearl dragons (Pan)
  A profane servitor (Abyss:1)
  Jory (Crypt:1)
  An electric golem (Zot:1)
  Xtahua (Vaults:5)
  2 illusory Maras (Crypt:1)
  21 Brimstone Fiends
  Frederick (Spider:5)
  15 bone dragons
  Nikola (D:15)
  5 Hell Sentinels (Pan)
  A hellephant (D:25)
  16 tentacled monstrosities
  5 Ice Fiends (Pan)
  A quicksilver dragon (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  7 liches
  2 quicksilver dragons (D:25)
  2 Orb Guardians (Zot:5)
  A deep elf blademaster (Elf:3)
  6 Shadow Fiends (Pan)
  2 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  8 storm dragons
  25 acid blobs
  3 krakens
  16 Executioners
  11 tengu reavers
  22 daevas (Pan)
  A sphinx (shapeshifter) (D:27)
  Frances (Elf:2)
  4 ancient champions
  Kirke (D:15)
  A sphinx (D:27)
  7 shadow dragons
  2 revenants
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:5)
  9 azure jellies
  6 draconian monks
  7 draconian scorchers
  4 frost giants
  A draconian knight (Zot:2)
  Donald (Vaults:1)
  5 fire giants
  Wiglaf (Crypt:3)
  2 ghouls
  8 tentacled starspawn
  13 vault wardens
  3 ghost moths (Spider:5)
  15 cacodemons
  2 iron dragons
  25 angels
  Aizul (D:16)
  Louise (Vaults:1)
  8 deep elf sorcerers
  3 emperor scorpions (Spider:5)
  The ghost of Wizard the Bewitcher, a mighty SpEn of Sif Muna (D:18)
  The ghost of Kelly the Markself, a powerful HEAE of Vehumet (Lair:8)
  8 draconian zealots
  A curse skull (Crypt:2)
  Gastronok (Lair:2)
  5 draconian shifters
  Jorgrun (Elf:2)
  The ghost of Kelly the Spry, a powerful SpEn of Okawaru (Shoals:2)
  12 draconian annihilators
  14 ophanim (Pan)
  16 balrugs
  19 reapers
  43 stone giants
  23 phoenixes (Pan)
  6 vampire knights
  10 green draconians
  33 apis (Pan)
  4 draconian callers
  7 grey draconians
  12 blizzard demons
  38 shedu (Pan)
  20 lorocyprocas
  11 purple draconians
  8 white draconians
  4 eidola
  13 green deaths (Pan)
  4 black draconians
  14 deep elf annihilators
  10 deep elf demonologists
  9 red draconians
  5 yellow draconians
  2 elemental wellsprings (D:16)
  7 mottled draconians
  5 dire elephants
  3 merfolk javelineers (Shoals:5)
  7 pale draconians
  36 vault guards
  5 jiangshi
  6 deep elf death magi
  Snorg (Shoals:1)
  A spriggan air mage (Zig:3)
  2 minotaurs
  9 ettins
  51 yaktaur captains
  2 mummy priests
  A great orb of eyes (shapeshifter) (D:25)
  10 death oozes
  5 merfolk impalers
  9 great orbs of eyes
  3 merfolk aquamancers
  18 dragons
  3 deep elf high priests
  6 sirens
  14 ironheart preservers
  4 death cobs
  Fannar (D:13)
  20 starcursed masses
  Harold (Lair:3)
  Josephine (Orc:3)
  2 quicksilver dragon skeletons
  An ice dragon (shapeshifter) (D:27)
  71 large abominations
  3 ravenous feature mimics
  22 ice dragons
  Nessos (Shoals:2)
  17 hydras
  8 dancing weapons
  A spriggan berserker (D:25)
  An alligator snapping turtle (Zig:7)
  4 deep troll earth magi
  Erica (Lair:3)
  An alligator (shapeshifter) (D:20)
  An alligator (D:25)
  An anaconda (D:25)
  2 rakshasas
  A deep dwarf death knight (Crypt:4)
  A spectral stone giant (Zig:9)
  16 deep troll shamans
  13 ogre magi
  3 thrashing horrors
  4 orc high priests
  21 very ugly things
  11 wretched stars
  9 vampire magi
  A naga warrior (D:25)
  6 plague shamblers
  4 fire crabs
  3 catoblepae
  35 centaur warriors
  3 hell hogs
  Nergalle (Lair:3)
  10 hell knights
  14 deep elf knights
  6 iron golems
  11 sea snakes
  20 soul eaters
  3 storm dragon skeletons
  13 cherubim (Pan)
  47 skeletal warriors
  15 ice devils
  4 iron trolls
  11 hell beasts
  7 wizards
  38 sun demons
  8 shadow wraiths
  7 unseen horrors
  An unseen horror (shapeshifter) (D:26)
  3 giant orange brains
  8 shadow demons
  A death drake (Zig:13)
  30 deep trolls
  13 ironbrand convokers
  3 ice statues
  A golden dragon skeleton (Vaults:5)
  20 giant amoebae
  14 necromancers
  Pikel (D:9)
  8 flayed ghosts
  33 harpies
  12 hellions (Pan)
  11 griffons
  12 hill giants
  Joseph (Orc:4)
  31 wolf spiders
  A wolf spider zombie (Vaults:1)
  7 orc sorcerers
  3 flaming corpses
  4 crystal golems
  2 sphinx zombies
  17 small abominations
  16 deep elf conjurers
  2 deathcaps (Zig:13)
  35 orc knights
  4 fire giant zombies
  3 shadow dragon skeletons
  16 phantasmal warriors
  12 stone giant zombies
  39 sixfirhies
  2 wolf spiders (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  3 shining eyes
  7 frost giant zombies
  22 cyclopes
  2 red wasps (shapeshifter)
  An elf zombie (Crypt:4)
  17 stone giant skeletons
  9 red wasps
  20 moths of wrath
  An eye of devastation (shapeshifter) (D:27)
  12 spiny worms
  3 eyes of devastation
  5 fire giant skeletons
  2 guardian serpents
  An iron dragon skeleton (Crypt:2)
  7 frost giant skeletons
  An apocalypse crab (Abyss:2)
  2 stone golems
  Maurice (D:13)
  A black mamba (Lair:8)
  10 oklob plants (Zig:7)
  3 elves (shapeshifter)
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (D:21)
  15 vault sentinels
  18 tormentors
  A dire elephant zombie (Crypt:5)
  8 deep elf summoners
  2 feature mimics
  103 orange demons
  3 vapours
  179 smoke demons
  Psyche (D:13)
  A storm dragon simulacrum (D:21)
  108 yaktaurs
  2 black mambas (shapeshifter)
  16 demonic crawlers
  An item mimic (Lair:5)
  An alligator snapping turtle skeleton (Crypt:1)
  4 efreet
  19 spiny frogs
  3 iron troll zombies
  5 fire drakes
  A spectral redback (Crypt:3)
  16 deep elf priests
  137 hellwings
  A moth of suppression zombie (Crypt:4)
  A white draconian skeleton (Abyss:2)
  4 hydra zombies
  19 iron devils
  4 ancient zymes
  19 orb spiders
  A black draconian skeleton (Abyss:2)
  36 guardian mummies
  A siren zombie (Crypt:3)
  15 mermaids
  A troll (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  2 naga magi (D:25)
  A redback zombie (Zig:15)
  A wind drake (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  The ghost of Kelly the Firebug, an experienced DEFE of Vehumet (D:4)
  A death yak skeleton (Crypt:3)
  35 red devils
  30 jumping spiders
  2 iron troll skeletons
  A raven (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  5 komodo dragons
  16 two-headed ogres
  2 giant leeches (Lair:8)
  Sonja (D:16)
  13 wandering mushrooms
  22 blue devils
  A polar bear (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  12 trolls
  14 brown oozes
  2 wind drakes
  12 boulder beetles
  A slime creature (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  2 basilisks (shapeshifter)
  A snapping turtle (shapeshifter) (D:27)
  A harpy skeleton (D:15)
  100 slime creatures
  2 dragon zombies
  2 ettin zombies
  A griffon zombie (D:16)
  A guardian serpent skeleton (Abyss:2)
  20 trapdoor spiders
  21 blink frogs
  24 shadows
  2 basilisks
  A griffon skeleton (D:18)
  2 hogs (D:13)
  5 ettin skeletons
  An air elemental (D:25)
  3 wyverns
  A dryad skeleton (Crypt:1)
  28 snapping turtles
  A stone giant simulacrum (Zig:9)
  35 flying skulls
  14 tarantellas
  2 elephant slugs
  50 ynoxinuls
  10 sharks
  2 hill giant zombies
  An octopode (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  17 water elementals
  8 metal gargoyles
  A spiny worm zombie (Crypt:3)
  14 vampires
  Eustachio (D:10)
  141 ugly things
  16 wraiths
  30 yaks
  27 hippogriffs
  Grum (D:12)
  28 deep elf magi
  44 redbacks
  9 chaos spawn
  6 hungry ghosts
  5 golden eyes
  45 vampire mosquitoes
  39 deep elf fighters
  8 mottled dragons
  2 steam dragons
  69 neqoxecs
  20 manticores
  54 merfolk
  6 spatial vortices (Abyss:3)
  A wind drake skeleton (Crypt:5)
  3 rock worms
  9 deep troll zombies
  3 soldier ants
  12 wolves
  19 freezing wraiths
  An agate snail zombie (Crypt:5)
  2 human zombies (D:22)
  2 swamp drakes
  11 hell hounds
  An orange crystal statue (D:12)
  9 porcupines
  5 yellow wasps
  A human skeleton (D:22)
  10 necrophages
  72 orc warriors
  3 deep troll skeletons
  A baby alligator zombie (Crypt:4)
  7 sky beasts
  2 black bears
  A human (D:13)
  4 phantoms
  A deep dwarf (Abyss:1)
  A blink frog zombie (D:16)
  10 ice beasts
  A tengu (Abyss:2)
  An ettin simulacrum (Zig:15)
  A red wasp simulacrum (Crypt:2)
  59 ogres
  9 giant goldfish
  A wind drake simulacrum (Crypt:1)
  An ugly thing zombie (Hell)
  A snapping turtle skeleton (Crypt:3)
  3 boring beetles
  3 lava worms (D:16)
  9 lost souls
  16 wargs
  An ogre (shapeshifter) (D:25)
  58 centaurs
  10 crocodiles
  A vampire mosquito zombie (Hell)
  6 big kobolds
  2 glowing shapeshifter simulacra
  13 water moccasins
  A yaktaur zombie (D:16)
  17 giant slugs
  A faun simulacrum (Crypt:2)
  17 rotting devils
  A spectral boulder beetle (Crypt:3)
  A giant slug (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  A giant slug zombie (D:16)
  A brain worm (D:16)
  22 giant frogs
  A manticore zombie (Crypt:2)
  A cyclops zombie (D:16)
  4 yaktaur skeletons
  8 agate snails
  A cyclops skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A hippogriff zombie (D:14)
  An insubstantial wisp (Zig:3)
  A grizzly bear zombie (Crypt:2)
  A manticore skeleton (D:13)
  5 boulder beetle zombies
  9 eyes of draining
  2 troll zombies
  3 troll skeletons
  15 lava fish
  10 electric eels
  18 jellyfish
  21 killer bees
  A rock worm zombie (D:16)
  A fire bat (Zig:11)
  5 goliath beetles
  A pulsating lump (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  A yak skeleton (D:13)
  A hippogriff skeleton (D:13)
  9 wights
  A yellow wasp zombie (D:11)
  A centaur zombie (D:5)
<...>
5399 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  An orange demon (Pan)
  A hellwing (Pan)
  A small abomination (Abyss:2)
3 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A pandemonium lord (Pan)
  A golden dragon (Zot:1)
  A tengu reaver (Vaults:4)
  A lorocyproca (Pan)
  A deep troll (Vaults:4)
  2 large abominations
  2 sixfirhies
  2 hellwings
  A jumping spider (Spider:1)
  A boulder beetle (Spider:4)
  An ettin zombie (Zig:12)
  A trapdoor spider (Spider:4)
  A shark (D:16)
  2 water elementals
  A vampire mosquito (Vaults:2)
  A small abomination (Zig:11)
  A slave (D:9)
  3 humans (D:15)
  7 lost souls
  A giant frog (D:15)
  A big kobold (D:15)
  An electric eel (Spider:5)
  A jellyfish (Hell)
  2 crimson imps
  3 shadow imps (Pan)
  A white imp (Abyss:3)
  A worm (Spider:4)
  An ufetubus (Abyss:3)
  An orc (Orc:4)
  6 kobolds (D:15)
  A giant spore (Abyss:2)
  3 fungi (Lair:8)
  60 plants
  16 starspawn tentacles
  72 starspawn tentacle segments
  16 tentacles
  63 tentacle segments
281 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 5683 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Kelly, the High Elf Air Elementalist, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 11/11 MP: 4/4
   295 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 15/17 MP: 1/5
   907 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 21/21 MP: 2/7
   928 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
  1523 | D:2      | Reached skill level 4 in Air Magic
  1677 | D:2      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  1701 | D:2      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  1702 | D:2      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  1705 | D:2      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  1806 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 27/27 MP: 10/10
  1851 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  2411 | D:3      | Learned a level 3 spell: Static Discharge
  2420 | D:3      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  2636 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 31/31 MP: 12/12
  3633 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
  3666 | D:4      | Noticed Kelly's ghost (experienced DEFE)
  3720 | D:4      | Killed Kelly's ghost
  3720 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Conjurations
  3720 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 31/36 MP: 17/17
  3761 | D:4      | Noticed a black bear
  3781 | D:4      | Killed a black bear
  3781 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 23/41 MP: 19/19
  4036 | D:4      | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
  4042 | D:4      | Learned a level 5 spell: Lightning Bolt
  4064 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4259 | D:5      | Reached skill level 7 in Air Magic
  4501 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  4501 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 42/46 MP: 14/20
  5026 | D:6      | Found Goulinas' Gadget Shop.
  5420 | D:6      | Noticed a hill giant
  5427 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Dodging
  5508 | D:6      | Learned a level 2 spell: Searing Ray
  5604 | D:6      | Killed a hill giant
  5604 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 42/51 MP: 16/24
  5763 | D:6      | Learned a level 4 spell: Iskenderun's Battlesphere
  5811 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5816 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  5945 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  6021 | D:7      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  6045 | D:7      | Became a worshipper of Vehumet
  6101 | D:7      | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
  6342 | D:7      | Found Schaothran's Antique Armour Boutique.
  6351 | D:7      | Bought an elven cloak for 26 gold pieces
  6549 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
  6554 | Orc:1    | Acquired Vehumet's first power
  6554 | Orc:1    | Offered knowledge of Sting by Vehumet.
  6622 | Orc:1    | Found a flagged portal.
  6649 | Bailey   | Entered a bailey
  6701 | Bailey   | Offered knowledge of Freeze by Vehumet.
  6804 | Bailey   | Got a smoking wooden ring
  7020 | Bailey   | Learned a level 3 spell: Flight
  7398 | Orc:1    | Offered knowledge of Throw Flame by Vehumet.
  7617 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 9 in Conjurations
  7628 | Orc:1    | Reached XP level 10. HP: 56/56 MP: 23/27
  7643 | Orc:1    | Acquired Vehumet's second power
  7874 | Temple   | Identified the ring "Lewot" {Hunger Str+3 Dex-5} (You took it off a gnoll in a bailey)
  7955 | D:7      | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
  8473 | D:8      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
  8490 | D:8      | Offered knowledge of Inner Flame by Vehumet.
  8809 | D:8      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  9478 | D:9      | Noticed Pikel
  9482 | D:9      | Killed Pikel
  9482 | D:9      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  9482 | D:9      | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
  9725 | D:9      | Acquired Vehumet's third power
  9877 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9919 | D:9      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 58/68 MP: 26/28
  9922 | D:9      | Offered knowledge of Ignite Poison by Vehumet.
 10487 | D:10     | Noticed Eustachio
 10496 | D:10     | Killed Eustachio
 10499 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 10541 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 10937 | Orc:2    | Found Abbus' General Store.
 10950 | Orc:2    | Bought a +0 pair of gloves for 25 gold pieces
 11049 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 11441 | Orc:3    | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 11531 | Orc:3    | Offered knowledge of Orb of Destruction by Vehumet.
 11637 | Orc:3    | Noticed Josephine
 11654 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 11654 | Orc:4    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 11657 | Orc:4    | Noticed Joseph
 12010 | Orc:4    | Killed Joseph
 12037 | Orc:3    | Learned a level 7 spell: Orb of Destruction
 12308 | Orc:3    | Killed Josephine
 12308 | Orc:3    | Reached skill level 10 in Conjurations
 12404 | Orc:3    | Found Shehiata's General Store.
 12913 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 12933 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 11 in Conjurations
 13008 | Orc:4    | Noticed a sun demon
 13008 | Orc:4    | Killed an orc high priest
 13230 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 13232 | Orc:4    | Killed an orc high priest
 13331 | Orc:4    | Reached XP level 12. HP: 69/76 MP: 29/30
 13354 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 13354 | Orc:4    | Killed an orc high priest
 13354 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 12 in Conjurations
 13376 | Orc:4    | Found Laagheeh's Armour Shop.
 13377 | Orc:4    | Found Jenocenn's Armour Emporium.
 13389 | Orc:4    | Found Awkaavef's Assorted Antiques.
 13389 | Orc:4    | Found Sienwe's Assorted Antiques.
 13399 | Orc:4    | Bought a pair of fine gloves for 173 gold pieces
 13413 | Orc:4    | Identified the +0 pair of gloves "Smasopp" {rElec SInv Stlth++} (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)
 13588 | Orc:3    | Bought a potion of confusion for 11 gold pieces
 13623 | Orc:2    | Bought an uncursed amulet of conservation for 375 gold pieces
 13831 | D:11     | Reached skill level 1 in Short Blades
 13940 | D:11     | Offered knowledge of Poisonous Cloud by Vehumet.
 13977 | D:11     | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 14028 | Lab      | Entered a labyrinth
 14563 | Lab      | Noticed a minotaur
 14568 | Lab      | Killed a minotaur
 14573 | Lab      | Got a warped diamond amulet
 14573 | Lab      | Identified the Papyrus of the Ancient Cities
 14574 | Lab      | Got a crystal quick blade
 14747 | Temple   | Identified the cursed +4,-1 quick blade of Cobwebs {stab, Noisy Str+2 Int+4} (You found it in a labyrinth)
 14748 | Temple   | Identified the cursed amulet "Steudgh" {+Rage +Fly SInv} (You found it in a labyrinth)
 15170 | D:11     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 15206 | D:11     | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
 15322 | D:11     | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 15677 | D:12     | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 15680 | D:12     | Noticed Grum
 15687 | D:12     | Killed Grum
 15742 | D:12     | Found Qamepi Fani's Jewellery Emporium.
 16119 | D:12     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 16338 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 16371 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 6 spell: Poisonous Cloud
 16525 | Lair:1   | Got a slimy long sword
 16609 | Lair:1   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 16618 | Lair:1   | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 16922 | Lair:1   | Identified the +7,+10 long sword "Mucrid" {freeze, +Fly MR++ SInv} (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 17115 | Lair:2   | Noticed Gastronok
 17334 | Lair:2   | Killed Gastronok
 17334 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 78/81 MP: 18/33
 17385 | Lair:2   | Offered knowledge of Bolt of Draining by Vehumet.
 17867 | Lair:3   | Noticed Harold
 17875 | Lair:3   | Killed Harold
 17882 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 10 in Short Blades
 17900 | Lair:3   | Noticed Nergalle
 17904 | Lair:3   | Killed Nergalle
 18133 | Lair:3   | Noticed Erica
 18140 | Lair:3   | Killed Erica
 18189 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 13 in Conjurations
 18266 | Lair:3   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 19391 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 19441 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 14 in Conjurations
 19967 | Lair:5   | Offered knowledge of Conjure Ball Lightning by Vehumet.
 21532 | Lair:7   | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 21628 | Lair:7   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 22614 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 23098 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 82/88 MP: 16/34
 23311 | Lair:7   | Offered knowledge of Delayed Fireball by Vehumet.
 23567 | Lair:8   | Noticed Kelly's ghost (powerful HEAE)
 23661 | Lair:8   | Killed Kelly's ghost
 23661 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 24285 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 16 in Dodging
 24768 | D:6      | Bought a phial of floods for 1200 gold pieces
 25569 | D:13     | Reached skill level 17 in Dodging
 25575 | D:13     | Noticed Fannar
 25577 | D:13     | Killed Fannar
 25582 | D:13     | Noticed Psyche
 25585 | D:13     | Killed Psyche
 25649 | D:13     | Offered knowledge of Freezing Cloud by Vehumet.
 26003 | D:13     | Reached skill level 1 in Long Blades
 26184 | D:13     | Reached skill level 5 in Long Blades
 26713 | D:13     | Noticed Maurice
 26716 | D:13     | Killed Maurice
 26869 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 6 spell: Freezing Cloud
 27579 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 3 spell: Flight
 27667 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 27692 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Long Blades
 27832 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Snorg
 27842 | Shoals:1 | Killed Snorg
 28183 | Shoals:1 | Reached XP level 15. HP: 93/93 MP: 28/35
 28241 | Shoals:1 | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 28242 | Shoals:1 | Got an encrusted ring mail
 28749 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Nessos
 28935 | Shoals:2 | Killed Nessos
 29076 | Shoals:2 | Identified the +2 ring mail of Articulation {+Rage rPois rC++ rN+ Str-4} (You acquired it on level 1 of the Shoals)
 29129 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Kelly's ghost (powerful SpEn)
 29184 | Shoals:2 | Killed Kelly's ghost
 29268 | Shoals:2 | Noticed a kraken
 29275 | Shoals:2 | Killed a kraken
 29705 | Shoals:3 | Offered knowledge of Poison Arrow by Vehumet.
 30426 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 31170 | Spider:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Compendium of Protection
 31836 | Spider:2 | Got a faintly glowing scimitar
 33490 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 33675 | Spider:3 | Offered knowledge of Fire Storm by Vehumet.
 33675 | Spider:3 | Offered knowledge of Ice Storm by Vehumet.
 33675 | Spider:3 | Offered knowledge of Tornado by Vehumet.
 33990 | Spider:3 | Identified the cursed scimitar "Tasowug" {slice, Contam +Blink rPois rN+ SInv} (You found it on level 2 of the Spider Nest)
 34406 | Spider:4 | Reached XP level 16. HP: 54/104 MP: 20/36
 34799 | Spider:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
 35767 | Spider:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Spider Nest
 36202 | Spider:5 | Noticed Frederick
 36306 | Spider:5 | Killed Frederick
 36583 | Spider:5 | Got a pair of shimmering gloves
 37222 | Spider:5 | Identified the Incunabulum of Stones and Attacks (You found it on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
 37981 | Lair:1   | Identified the +0 pair of gloves of Pnekog {rPois Str+2 Dam+2} (You found it on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
 38229 | Spider:5 | Reached skill level 10 in Air Magic
 38649 | Spider:5 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 39141 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 39591 | Elf:1    | Noticed Rupert
 41647 | Elf:2    | Noticed Jorgrun
 41653 | Elf:2    | Killed Jorgrun
 42577 | D:14     | Entered Level 14 of the Dungeon
 43240 | D:14     | Reached XP level 17. HP: 113/113 MP: 37/37
 43462 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 43472 | D:15     | Noticed Nikola
 43611 | D:15     | Killed Nikola
 43941 | D:15     | Noticed Kirke
 43944 | D:15     | Killed Kirke
 44337 | D:15     | Found Kiur's Distillery.
 44347 | D:15     | Bought a potion of mutation for 48 gold pieces
 45444 | Lair:1   | Gained mutation: You have very sharp teeth. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 45668 | D:16     | Got a fine scale mail
 45844 | D:16     | Noticed Sonja
 45851 | D:16     | Killed Sonja
 45890 | D:16     | Found Frit's Food Shoppe.
 45903 | D:16     | Noticed Aizul
 46513 | D:16     | Killed Aizul
 46513 | D:16     | Reached skill level 15 in Air Magic
 47443 | D:16     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 47717 | Lair:1   | Identified the -9 scale mail "Ypaezil" {Str+3 Int+3} (You found it on level 16 of the Dungeon)
 48656 | D:18     | Noticed Wizard's ghost (mighty SpEn)
 48681 | D:18     | Killed Wizard's ghost
 49173 | D:18     | Noticed Jessica
 49180 | D:18     | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 49181 | D:18     | Killed Jessica
 49981 | D:19     | Noticed Saint Roka
 50014 | D:19     | Killed Saint Roka
 50014 | D:19     | Reached XP level 18. HP: 111/120 MP: 29/38
 50081 | D:19     | Reached skill level 18 in Air Magic
 50276 | D:19     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 50577 | D:19     | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 50579 | D:19     | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 51006 | D:20     | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
 52383 | D:20     | Reached skill level 19 in Air Magic
 52819 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 52968 | Elf:3    | Noticed Frances
 53258 | Elf:3    | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 53642 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 53923 | Elf:2    | Killed Frances
 54409 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 20 in Air Magic
 54701 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 19. HP: 126/126 MP: 40/40
 55378 | Elf:3    | Identified the Reference Book on Augmentations
 55412 | Elf:3    | Got a brightly glowing scimitar
 55471 | Elf:3    | Got a brightly glowing short sword
 55473 | Elf:3    | Got a warped iron ring
 55495 | Elf:3    | Got a bloodstained quarterstaff
 55509 | Elf:3    | Got a steaming leather armour
 55794 | Lair:1   | Identified the ring "Mommu" {Wiz Hunger Str+1} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 55795 | Lair:1   | Identified the cursed -6 leather armour "Frofejec" {Str+3 Dex+3} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 55798 | Lair:1   | Identified the +6,+6 short sword of Dividends {slice, Stlth+} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 55799 | Lair:1   | Identified the +6,+9 scimitar of Breach {venom, rC+ Int-3} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 55800 | Lair:1   | Identified the +8,+3 quarterstaff "Oralett" {flame, +Blink} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 55837 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 56890 | Shoals:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Conjurations
 57258 | Shoals:4 | Got a twitching ivory ring
 57423 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 57616 | Shoals:5 | Got a shimmering lead amulet
 58087 | Shoals:5 | Got a faintly glowing zirconium amulet
 58183 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 58192 | Shoals:5 | Reached skill level 21 in Air Magic
 59619 | Shoals:5 | Identified the Catalogue of the Ego
 59814 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 60487 | Shoals:5 | Killed Ilsuiw
 61200 | Lair:1   | Identified the amulet "Zauwed" {Ward rElec rPois rF++ Stlth-} (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 61201 | Lair:1   | Identified the amulet of the King {rCorr Str+4 Dex+2} (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 61202 | Lair:1   | Identified the ring "Aloebow" {+Fly AC+3 Acc+4} (You found it on level 4 of the Shoals)
 61627 | D:21     | Reached skill level 22 in Air Magic
 61828 | D:21     | Found a gateway to Hell.
 62135 | D:21     | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 64428 | D:22     | Found Zugh's Pet Rocks.
 64436 | D:22     | Reached skill level 23 in Air Magic
 64547 | D:22     | Reached XP level 20. HP: 126/133 MP: 25/40
 66285 | D:22     | Got a transparent glaive {drain}
 66919 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 9 spell: Tornado
 67349 | Hell     | Entered the Vestibule of Hell
 67349 | Hell     | Noticed Geryon
 67374 | Hell     | Killed Geryon
 67692 | Hell     | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [a cacodemon]
 67693 | Hell     | Reached skill level 24 in Air Magic
 67861 | Hell     | Noticed an ancient lich
 67874 | D:21     | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 68568 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 68581 | Vaults:1 | Found Feydipat's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 68636 | Vaults:1 | Found Dayhoep's Armour Shop.
 69007 | Vaults:1 | Noticed Louise
 69013 | Vaults:1 | Killed Louise
 69111 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 70362 | Vaults:1 | Noticed Donald
 70374 | Vaults:1 | Killed Donald
 71956 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 107/144 MP: 29/41
 74567 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 74601 | Vaults:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 75842 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
 75952 | Vaults:4 | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 76961 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
 77349 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 77354 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 132/153 MP: 42/42
 78005 | Vaults:5 | Noticed Xtahua
 78010 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 78013 | Vaults:5 | Killed Xtahua
 78103 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Staves
 80849 | Vaults:5 | Got a fabulously ornate robe
 81360 | Vaults:5 | Identified the Incunabulum of Air and Conjuration
 81940 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 137/159 MP: 37/43
 82482 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 82588 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 82638 | Vaults:5 | Identified a +0 pair of boots of running (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 82684 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 10 in Staves
 83017 | Vaults:1 | Identified the +0 robe of the Tundras {Dex-1} (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 85197 | Orc:2    | Bought the Grimoire of Damaging Air for 600 gold pieces
 85475 | Orc:3    | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 85620 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 6 spell: Deflect Missiles
 85779 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 85990 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 4 spell: Airstrike
 87867 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
 88920 | Slime:6  | Noticed the royal jelly
 88939 | Slime:6  | Killed the royal jelly
 88939 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 25 in Air Magic
 89360 | Slime:6  | Identified Eryvatutiu's Handbook of Calling
 89363 | Slime:6  | Got a warped turquoise ring
 89366 | Slime:6  | Got a pair of polished boots
 89973 | Slime:6  | Got an ancient chain mail
 89978 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 90012 | Slime:6  | Identified Maurice's Grimoire of Augmentations (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 90016 | Slime:6  | Got a twitching copper ring
 90311 | Lair:1   | Identified the cursed +1 pair of boots "Ejagen" {Str+4 Int+5} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 90312 | Lair:1   | Identified the ring "Isasosomn" {rElec rF+} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 90313 | Lair:1   | Identified the ring "Psakyere" {rF+ MR+ AC+2} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 90354 | Lair:1   | Identified the +8 chain mail of Impatience {+Inv rN+} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 90455 | Trove    | Entered a treasure trove
 90974 | D:19     | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 91628 | D:18     | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 93979 | Hell     | Reached skill level 1 in Polearms
 93986 | Hell     | Killed an ancient lich
 93986 | Hell     | Reached skill level 5 in Polearms
 94424 | Hell     | Paralysed by a Zot trap for 4 turns
 94518 | Hell     | Reached XP level 24. HP: 157/166 MP: 38/44
 95023 | D:23     | Noticed Mennas
 95124 | D:23     | Killed Mennas
 95995 | D:24     | Reached skill level 10 in Polearms
 96055 | D:24     | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 96415 | D:24     | Identified the Tome of Confrontation
 97080 | D:25     | Entered Level 25 of the Dungeon
 98588 | D:25     | Got a sheer robe
 98818 | Hell     | Identified a +9 rod of the swarm (9/9) (You took it off a deep elf sorcerer on level 25 of the Dungeon)
 99147 | D:25     | Got a faintly glowing leather armour
 99151 | D:25     | Got a twisted helmet
 99299 | D:25     | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
 99371 | D:25     | Identified Sif Muna's Reference Book on Contamination
 99739 | Hell     | Identified the +1 helmet of the Spheres {Dex-3 Stlth--} (You found it on level 25 of the Dungeon)
 99745 | Hell     | Identified the +2 robe "Cridghiorph" {Str-3 Dex+3} (You took it off a vampire mage on level 25 of the Dungeon)
100038 | Hell     | Identified the +3 leather armour of the Realm of Zot {MR+} (You found it on level 25 of the Dungeon)
100347 | D:26     | Noticed Boris
100357 | D:26     | Killed Boris
100767 | D:26     | Reached XP level 25. HP: 94/175 MP: 35/45
101689 | D:26     | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
101979 | D:26     | Got a warped spear
102012 | D:27     | Entered Level 27 of the Dungeon
102412 | D:27     | Reached skill level 26 in Air Magic
103708 | D:27     | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
104875 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
105046 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Jory
105072 | Crypt:1  | Killed Jory
105657 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Mara
105664 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Kelly's illusion
105681 | Crypt:1  | Killed Mara
105688 | Crypt:1  | Killed Kelly's illusion
106511 | Crypt:2  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
106570 | Crypt:2  | Learned a level 6 spell: Haste
106865 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
106971 | Crypt:3  | Noticed Wiglaf
107063 | Crypt:3  | Noticed Khufu
107072 | Crypt:3  | Killed Wiglaf
107345 | Crypt:3  | Killed Khufu
107755 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 26. HP: 172/183 MP: 45/45
107930 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 27 in Air Magic
108527 | Crypt:4  | Noticed Boris
108547 | Crypt:4  | Killed Boris
108549 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 10 in Charms
109466 | Crypt:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Crypt
111280 | Crypt:5  | Got a crude buckler
111421 | Crypt:5  | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
111492 | Crypt:5  | Identified the +0 buckler "Cossujiz" {rPois} (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)
111718 | Crypt:5  | Noticed an ancient lich
111722 | Crypt:5  | Killed an ancient lich
113177 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
113177 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
113208 | Zot:1    | Killed an orb of fire
113986 | Zot:1    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 162/191 MP: 46/46
115170 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Stealth
116953 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
117602 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
117606 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
117724 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
117747 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
120509 | D:21     | Voluntarily entered the Abyss.
120509 | Abyss:1  | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
120694 | Abyss:1  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
122280 | Abyss:2  | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
123289 | Abyss:3  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot
123432 | D:21     | Escaped the Abyss
123485 | Hell     | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
123544 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
123572 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
123819 | Pan      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
124163 | Pan      | Got a jewelled scimitar
125036 | Pan      | Got a smoking large shield
125179 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [a silver star]
125183 | Pan      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
125590 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [a silver star]
125592 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You have very sharp teeth. [a silver star]
126664 | Pan      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
126757 | Pan      | Got a slimy platinum amulet
126957 | Pan      | Got an ancient robe
128732 | Pan      | Noticed Kelly's ghost (legendary SpEn)
128787 | Pan      | Killed Kelly's ghost
129221 | Pan      | Noticed Rawocr Phoa the pandemonium lord
129413 | Pan      | Killed Rawocr Phoa the pandemonium lord
129500 | D:24     | Escaped Pandemonium
129537 | Hell     | Identified the cursed -1 robe "Adurphi" {rPois SInv} (You took it off a daeva in Pandemonium)
129543 | Hell     | Identified the amulet "Quupier" {rMut rElec rN+} (You took it off a seraph in Pandemonium)
129545 | Hell     | Identified the +1 large shield of the Moon {Str+3 Dex+4} (You took it off a daeva in Pandemonium)
129546 | Hell     | Identified the +1,+5 scimitar "Rolijeny" {speed, +Rage rC+ Dex-4} (You found it in Pandemonium)
129919 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 154 gold pieces
130105 | D:12     | Bought an uncursed ring of regeneration for 330 gold pieces
130359 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
131045 | Pan      | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [a neqoxec]
131154 | Pan      | Noticed Kitwaxy the pandemonium lord
131166 | Pan      | Killed Kitwaxy the pandemonium lord
131283 | D:24     | Escaped Pandemonium
131359 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
132119 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a cacodemon]
132725 | Pan      | Noticed Psoaxoon the pandemonium lord
132734 | Pan      | Killed Psoaxoon the pandemonium lord
133735 | Pan      | Noticed Wierom the pandemonium lord
133762 | Pan      | Killed Wierom the pandemonium lord
133815 | Pan      | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [a neqoxec]
134080 | Pan      | Got a demonic rune of Zot
134876 | Pan      | Noticed Hiypautei the pandemonium lord
135002 | Pan      | Killed Hiypautei the pandemonium lord
135365 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [potion of cure mutation]
135365 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [potion of cure mutation]
135365 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
136111 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
136325 | Pan      | Noticed Ebrideat the pandemonium lord
136335 | Pan      | Killed Ebrideat the pandemonium lord
136499 | Pan      | Got a dazzling spear
136673 | Pan      | Took an exit into the Abyss.
136673 | Abyss:1  | Escaped into the Abyss
136691 | Abyss:1  | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
136798 | D:24     | Escaped the Abyss
136852 | Hell     | Identified the cursed +1,+6 spear of Qyrgha Jibi {pain, *Rage Int+3 SInv} (You took it off an iron imp in Pandemonium)
136853 | Hell     | Identified the +11,+5 spear "Trog's Hatred" {freeze, -Cast rF++ rN+ Str+3} (You found it on level 26 of the Dungeon)
139379 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
139397 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
140451 | D:12     | Bought a +2,+6 ring of slaying for 1329 gold pieces
141056 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
141624 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
142490 | Pan      | Noticed Zoozeler the pandemonium lord
142530 | Pan      | Killed Zoozeler the pandemonium lord
142618 | Pan      | Took an exit into the Abyss.
142618 | Abyss:1  | Escaped into the Abyss
142843 | D:24     | Escaped the Abyss
142923 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
142931 | Pan      | Got a twisted scale mail
143311 | Pan      | Noticed Miegh the pandemonium lord
143322 | Pan      | Killed Miegh the pandemonium lord
144199 | D:24     | Escaped Pandemonium
144274 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
144282 | Pan      | Got a dazzling shield
144287 | Pan      | Identified the +1 shield "Ysiethae" {Spirit, rN+ SInv Stlth} (You acquired it in Pandemonium)
144829 | Pan      | Noticed Afram the pandemonium lord
144849 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [a cacodemon]
144854 | Pan      | Killed Afram the pandemonium lord
145107 | Pan      | Got a pitted helmet
145108 | Pan      | Identified the +1 helmet of the Original Sin {MR+ Str+4 Stlth++} (You found it in Pandemonium)
145472 | Pan      | Noticed Tiyheor the pandemonium lord
145618 | Pan      | Killed Tiyheor the pandemonium lord
146642 | Pan      | Noticed Noikhamp the pandemonium lord
146657 | Pan      | Killed Noikhamp the pandemonium lord
146956 | Pan      | Got a steaming cloak
146957 | Pan      | Identified the +1 cloak "Laffi Cruir" {Str+3 Stlth+} (You acquired it in Pandemonium)
147602 | Pan      | Noticed Foehyced the pandemonium lord
147666 | Pan      | Killed Foehyced the pandemonium lord
147866 | D:24     | Escaped Pandemonium
148412 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
148965 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Long Blades
149983 | Pan      | Noticed Afug Epp the pandemonium lord
150431 | Pan      | Noticed Shajaz the pandemonium lord
150444 | Pan      | Killed Shajaz the pandemonium lord
150714 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
151104 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
151517 | Pan      | Noticed Broalukh the pandemonium lord
151607 | Pan      | Killed Broalukh the pandemonium lord
151775 | D:24     | Escaped Pandemonium
151856 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
152005 | Pan      | Got a transparent scimitar
152246 | Pan      | Got a smoking cloak
152247 | Pan      | Identified the +0 cloak of Submission {Str+3 Int+4} (You acquired it in Pandemonium)
152542 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
152770 | Pan      | Noticed Ocutorus the pandemonium lord
152800 | Pan      | Killed Ocutorus the pandemonium lord
152857 | Pan      | Took an exit into the Abyss.
152857 | Abyss:1  | Escaped into the Abyss
152921 | D:24     | Escaped the Abyss
152955 | Hell     | Identified the +9,+9 scimitar of Xom's Supremacy {freeze, +Rage rC++} (You found it in Pandemonium)
153001 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
153082 | Pan      | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
153314 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
153450 | Pan      | Noticed Fonemaos the pandemonium lord
153475 | Pan      | Killed Fonemaos the pandemonium lord
153907 | Pan      | You paid a toll of 4040 gold to enter a ziggurat.
153907 | Zig:1    | Entered Level 1 of a ziggurat
153919 | Zig:2    | Entered Level 2 of a ziggurat
154050 | Zig:3    | Entered Level 3 of a ziggurat
154097 | Zig:4    | Entered Level 4 of a ziggurat
154170 | Zig:5    | Entered Level 5 of a ziggurat
154179 | Zig:5    | Reached skill level 1 in Bows
154221 | Zig:5    | Got a smoking helmet
154222 | Zig:5    | Identified the +2 helmet of Shaule Nulo {Dam+5 Stlth++} (You acquired it on level 5 of a ziggurat)
154260 | Zig:6    | Entered Level 6 of a ziggurat
154667 | Zig:7    | Entered Level 7 of a ziggurat
154846 | Zig:8    | Entered Level 8 of a ziggurat
154858 | Zig:8    | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
154895 | Zig:8    | Identified Sif Muna's Almanac of the Unstable Entourage
154911 | Zig:8    | Got a pair of fine boots
154912 | Zig:8    | Identified the +2 pair of boots of the Barnacle {Int+4} (You acquired it on level 8 of a ziggurat)
154918 | Zig:8    | Got a steaming shield
155016 | Zig:9    | Entered Level 9 of a ziggurat
155033 | Zig:9    | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
155083 | Zig:9    | Identified the +3 shield "Fixkeila" {rF+ rC+ Curse} (You acquired it on level 8 of a ziggurat)
155088 | Zig:10   | Entered Level 10 of a ziggurat
155274 | Zig:10   | Learned a level 7 spell: Controlled Blink
155535 | Zig:11   | Entered Level 11 of a ziggurat
155600 | Zig:11   | Reached skill level 10 in Translocations
155603 | Zig:11   | Got a transparent quick blade
155627 | Zig:11   | Identified the quick blade "Sharaosm" {stab, -Tele +Fly rElec rN+ Stlth+} (You found it on level 11 of a ziggurat)
155740 | Zig:12   | Entered Level 12 of a ziggurat
155797 | Zig:12   | Got a sparkling marble ring
155820 | Zig:12   | Got a twisted scimitar
155826 | Zig:12   | Identified the ring of Xom's Flight of Fancy {rF+ Str+4 Int+3} (You found it on level 12 of a ziggurat)
155827 | Zig:12   | Identified the +1,+8 scimitar of Doisipih {venom, Int+3} (You found it on level 12 of a ziggurat)
156015 | Zig:13   | Entered Level 13 of a ziggurat
156331 | Zig:14   | Entered Level 14 of a ziggurat
156400 | Zig:14   | Got an iridescent crossbow
156417 | Zig:14   | Identified a +4 rod of frigid destruction (9/9) (You found it on level 14 of a ziggurat)
156482 | Zig:14   | Learned a level 5 spell: Phase Shift
156610 | Zig:15   | Entered Level 15 of a ziggurat
156636 | Zig:15   | Killed by an indirect mummy death curse

Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |    13 |  1058 |  2242 ||  3313
       Lance             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   161 |  2283 ||  2444
       Eudemon blade     |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |  1333 ||  1333
       Quick blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
       Swiftness         |       |     3 |    14 |    44 |    31 |    44 |    13 |    20 |    76 ||   245
       Lightning Bolt    |       |       |    14 |    57 |    83 |   104 |   175 |    78 |    63 ||   574
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |     8 |    98 |   159 |   197 |   122 |    20 |     6 ||   610
       Flight            |       |       |     2 |       |    36 |    18 |    51 |     7 |    44 ||   158
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |     4 |    12 |    26 |    39 |    47 |    88 ||   216
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |    42 |    86 |    39 |   130 ||   297
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     4 |    38 ||    56
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    41 |   157 ||   215
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    79 |   432 ||   511
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    28 |    85 ||   113
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |    10 ||    11
       Haste             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    37 ||    37
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   101 ||   101
       Phase Shift       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 |     4 ||     8
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |    16 |    12 |    23 |     9 |    20 |    20 |    58 ||   158
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     9 |     3 |     1 |    16 ||    32
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     3 |    37 |    11 |    27 |    37 |    54 ||   169
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     8 |     3 |    55 ||    69
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     9 ||    13

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 13:13

Hurkyl wrote:Is torment immunity a prerequisite to even have a chance?

It isn't.
A good friend of mine once cleared the whole Zig with Gr of TSO. Mummy levels were haste-cleansed without big problems.

See this game: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/HungrySpirit/morgue-HungrySpirit-20131021-000415.txt

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 14:36

Hurkyl wrote:How do people clear Zigs? I'm sure this is by far the best prepared I've been for one, but I didn't even break my record. Also, I still hate torment. Is torment immunity a prerequisite to even have a chance?

Zigs are really different from the rest of the game.
I cleared one once with MiFi of TSO and was happy not to find late mummy-levels, they are really nasty

Hurkyl wrote:I think I'm going to give up on extended. It's just too unfun.

Extended doesn't mean Zigs !
You should maybe try some 15 runes and then go for Zigs (or maybe do only the earliest levels)... Between a character who just reached level 27, and a 15-runer level 27, there's a huge difference...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 15:04

mopl wrote:

You should maybe try some 15 runes and then go for Zigs (or maybe do only the earliest levels)... Between a character who just reached level 27, and a 15-runer level 27, there's a huge difference...

I have done 11 of the runes. Pan is really annoying; I'm not entirely sure I want to visit it again, even if I believe I could do it again. It's annoying times 5 if I don't have both rMut and cloak of preservation. :( Tomb is somewhat annoying too. I might change my mind if I ever get a mummy that far, or are inclined to play a necromancer. I haven't tried the hells, but what I've read, it sounds like what I find annoying and multiplies it by 11!

Overall, it's a combination of things: I don't like the torment mechanic in crawl, and item destruction is annoying (and mutations are annoying if you use amulet slot for conservation). I have to do a fair amont of of jewelry swapping unless I get lucky with randarts... and have to bring along a bunch of other 'just in case' things so I'm ready for Lom Lobon or Cerebov or what not. Which, in turn, leaves you with few inventory slots free to collect loot which is also annoying. Gah!

I've seen talk about removing item destruction and revamping pan, so there's some hope if I just ignore extended, it will go away and be replaced with something I don't mind so much!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 15:32

Re: YASD: HEAE of Veh : Holy Pan, batman! (6/15)

Mummy floors are really nasty without Necromutation, I used Haste + cBlink to get to exit, killing multiple mummies per turn is not a good idea as you have seen.
The character didn't have good defense: only rF+ and no rC, I would wear ring of cold protection instead of EV+5. Though that wasn't cause of the death of course, mummies don't have cold spells as far as I know.
I learned that I should stop worrying about consumables on a character with Haste, cBlink, wand of tele and wand of heal wounds, there are no consumables I really need.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 16:12

Hurkyl wrote:
mopl wrote:

I have done 11 of the runes. Pan is really annoying; I'm not entirely sure I want to visit it again, even if I believe I could do it again. It's annoying times 5 if I don't have both rMut and cloak of preservation. :( Tomb is somewhat annoying too. I might change my mind if I ever get a mummy that far, or are inclined to play a necromancer. I haven't tried the hells, but what I've read, it sounds like what I find annoying and multiplies it by 11!

Overall, it's a combination of things: I don't like the torment mechanic in crawl, and item destruction is annoying (and mutations are annoying if you use amulet slot for conservation). I have to do a fair amont of of jewelry swapping unless I get lucky with randarts... and have to bring along a bunch of other 'just in case' things so I'm ready for Lom Lobon or Cerebov or what not. Which, in turn, leaves you with few inventory slots free to collect loot which is also annoying. Gah!

I've seen talk about removing item destruction and revamping pan, so there's some hope if I just ignore extended, it will go away and be replaced with something I don't mind so much!

I must agree that I find extended pretty boring...
After getting some characters through it, trying a new background is usually more fun than getting 15 runes :(
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 17:19

mopl wrote:I must agree that I find extended pretty boring...
After getting some characters through it, trying a new background is usually more fun than getting 15 runes :(

It depends on characters you play. SpEn of Ash with Iron Shot, DEFE of Vehumet with Fire Storm, HEAE of TSO with Tornado, DDEE of Makhleb with Shatter, DsFi of Jiyva with no conjurations, NaVm of Chei with Ice Storm. I don't think they have much in common and I enjoyed different play styles even in extended.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 17:38

Sandman25 wrote:It depends on characters you play. SpEn of Ash with Iron Shot, DEFE of Vehumet with Fire Storm, HEAE of TSO with Tornado, DDEE of Makhleb with Shatter, DsFi of Jiyva with no conjurations, NaVm of Chei with Ice Storm. I don't think they have much in common and I enjoyed different play styles even in extended.

Don't forget MiBe with Axe or MfBe with Bardiche, that's a very different option.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 18th November 2013, 18:53

rchandra wrote:Don't forget MiBe with Axe or MfBe with Bardiche, that's a very different option.

Sorry, I cannot forget them because I have never used them in extended ;)
I forgot NaBe with paralyzing needles, that was very different too.
I didn't try UC/Tm in extended, I suspect it is unique too thanks to Statue/Dragon Form

Basically if player enjoys a character in Vaults, I don't see why it becomes boring in extended.

PS. Unless you spent 3 hours trying to find a single zig in pan :(

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 19th November 2013, 05:26

Were you hasted before you started your attack? Reading the morgue file it says you are very slow.

Sucks to be killed by death curse. I am trying to understand what the mistake was here. Your character has some impressive stats, I'm surprised you died this way. If you were not hasted, maybe that could be a reason.
Online Wins: DeCj (4), HeAe (10), DrAs (15), DDAr (11)

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 19th November 2013, 07:39

I had been casting haste and deflect missiles before entering every floor. Or intending to, at least.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 19th November 2013, 13:32

The message history shows that 2 guardian mummies and 1 other mummy priest or guardian mummy died during last turn, that was what killed the character, haste/deflect missiles don't help here, only Death's Door and Necromutation could help.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 19th November 2013, 13:39

Regarding cold resistance and mummy floors - that's probably a very minor point but mummies summon undead, which includes various simulacra. But yeah, that's not what killed this character.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
Sandman25
Previous

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too