YASD electric golem

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 01:43

YASD electric golem

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/indsp ... 012942.txt

I'm actually kinda mad about this - apparently electric golems don't take damage from shatter. Which I found out afterward trying to shatter twice, and getting hit by tons of lighting. Is there anyway I could have seen that they weren't affected by shatter? You die a lot in crawl, and that's fine, but it sucks getting all the way to the end of the game and dieing when you could have actually dealt with the issue, cause the monster just randomly doesn't take damage from a level 9 spell.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 02:43

Re: YASD electric golem

According to wiki Electric Golem is Insubstantial, I think that's why it is not affected by Shatter. Perhaps game should say something like "Electric Golem is unaffected" (if it does not say already).
I stopped playing without wiki/knowledge bots after being tired of dying to new monsters (especially because there was no spell description for monsters prior to 0.13), consider using them also.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 02:52

Probably not the best idea to disrobe when you're being attacked by an elec golem without rElec. Potions of resistance are very good at helping you deal with the occasional golem and then 2-3 oofs you fight normally in zot and you had three of them.
Also Dyrovepreva was the superior hat choice since with your resistance setup since the only thing your hat was giving you was rPois.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 04:30

Actually the name 'golem' sounds really misleading in this case, since all other golems take increased damage from shatter. I think lightning golem should be changed into something like 'lightning spirit' to avoid confusion.

For this message the author nordetsa has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 12:38

Electric Spectre
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 13:48

Electric Golem wrote:An animated figure made completely of electricity, created in some demented wizard's experiment.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too