YASD - The luckiest MDFi ever

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 24th December 2010, 07:36

YASD - The luckiest MDFi ever

So I was playing a Mountain Dwarf Fighter (notoriously difficult because of heavy armour) and I was blessed with insane luck. On D:1, I spawned in front of the warning-sign vault filled with jackals, cockroaches, rats, and oozes. I ignored that and explored the level.

Soon, I came upon some trees. Knowing that uniques like Crazy Yiuf don't spawn on D:1, I went in to explore, and found pack after pack of goblins, kobolds, rats, and newts. In all there were 6 monster-filled forest clearings.

After clearing that and the rest of D:1, I returned to the warning vault and opened it, and easily defeated everything inside. Why? Because after all that experience, I was already level 4. That's right, even with the MD 130% experience factor, I was level 4 on D:1!

I confidently marched into D:2 with my far overlevelled MDFi. After walking about 10 steps, I met a pack of orcs and an orc priest.

I was killed in 2 turns. YASD
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 24th December 2010, 19:39

Re: YASD - The luckiest MDFi ever

The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away. Just yesterday I found a swamp dragon armor on D:1 and was still wearing it when I was crushed by a hill giant on D:5 (!)

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too