YAVP---15 rune win

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 3rd September 2013, 16:35

YAVP---15 rune win

Dear Crawlers:

Strike_Witch-15_RUNE_WIN.txt
(101.8 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

After this character, I'm going into pretty much (forced) (at least) semi-retirement---there is just TOO much to do in "meatspace," and so little time. . . .

Whilst I think that this may be my baddest-butt character _EVER_ (But not the highest scoring? --Huh?), I think she may also have been my most PAINFUL character, as well. At one point:

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You cannot wear most types of armour.
You are amphibious.
You can wear up to eight rings at the same time.*
You can use your tentacles to constrict many enemies at once.*
Your skin changes colour to match your surroundings (Stlth).*
Your rubbery body absorbs attacks (AC +1).*
You often lose your temper in combat.
You are clumsy (Dex -2).
Your body is slowly deteriorating.
You are dopey (Int -4).
Your metabolism is lightning-fast.
You are frail (-10% HP).
You occasionally shout uncontrollably.
You are weak (Str -1).

* : Suppressed by some changes of form.

(Second time I got "frail"---I also had "slow healing," at one point. . . . Normally just give up and ascend, after getting that one---this time I _persevered_. . . .)

(The reason I went into those ziggurats, in the first place (CrAzY places, INDEED!)---was to get potions of cure mutation; which, the game, FINALLY delivered. . . .) Also, throughout the entire game, it just WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE ITEMS I NEEDED. I had to batter my way all the way to D 25, to get poison resistance, for Swamp. (A dodgy proposition, for a lower-level character, indeed.) --And the game *NEVER* gave me a ring of regeneration. (!!) (Usually, in the late game, I traipse around with a double bank of regen rings, in lich-form, "spamming" regen all the while. . . . Any fight I can walk away from, and I'm soon ready for the next. :) ;) )

You guys with SOO RIGHT about statue form. (!!) Coupled with haste, stoneskin, and four banks of rings of slaying---and this young lady, became a very dangerous squidie, indeed. (!!) I forgot (!!) to put on my shield of rF++---and STILL took down Cerebov (and a simultaneous fiend or two), on the first go. (!!) Without regen, though--and with ALL THAT HELLFIRE--Gehanna was . . . pretty tough. I saved that for the very last---and I remember shattering part of the fortress in the lava, so I couldst controlled blink back and forth across one section, saving me travel time, and thus more damage. . . . I can't remember ever doing something like that before.

--Good crawling, and (at least for now) good-bye, Dudes and Dudettes!!

--TPV

PS I thought one had to _wear_ an "emits mutagenic radiation" item, to get mutated. --Well guess what?? I'm hoping that little observation can help somebody, someday. . . .

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 15:57

Re: YAVP---15 rune win

That is a very healthy level of slaying bonuses you had there.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 17:51

Score is heavily based on turn count, so going through ziggurats will almost always (ok, always) lower your score. You get stronger, and you get less points; the game rewards you for winning as quickly as possible with the weakest character. Of course, some people have other goals in mind, and completing ziggurats is fun :)

Shame about no regen rings, they are quite useful - my current game has a Octopus ring which was based off a plain regen ring, and it's very nice to have :) That said, the rings you do have a still quite amazing, and I'm pretty sure +25 damage and 27 strength resulted in some amazing pummeling.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 5th September 2013, 16:18

>Score is heavily based on turn count, so going through ziggurats will almost always (ok, always) lower your score.

I wondered if that might be the case (made sense (from what I was seeing). . . .)---but had now way of checking. Thank you!!

:) :)

>my current game has a Octopus ring which was based off a plain regen ring, and it's very nice to have

"Ring of the Octopus King"---I had that once. :) At first, I thought it was an artifact "aimed" at me, 'cause I was an octopode. ;) Yep. That was a nice one!

>That said, the rings you do have a still quite amazing, and I'm pretty sure +25 damage and 27 strength resulted in some amazing >pummeling.

Royal Jelly in three hits---WHUMP-WHUMP! THUD! Did it in the open, too. [Ended up] _Surrounded_ by nasty jellies. Blinked, out of the pile, already hasted and swift'ed (NEED that---to outrun The Royal Jelly, by the way; I think that might be why it scares me so. (!))---and just walked away [then upstairs], to recover.

--Never did anything like THAT, before!

--TPV

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too