MiFi with scythe of reaping

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 28th May 2013, 13:07

MiFi with scythe of reaping

Got tired of kobolds, and tried a minotaur fighter (something easy melee to get used to having to eat permafood). Had a close call with Sigmund, and looted a +6 +2 scythe of reaping from his steaming corpse. Luckily i am training polearms already (have 9 now, only skill on). I was thinking of taking Oku but now.. will he mind my zombies dying for me in combat? Maybe trog or somebody else?¨

Also, how much polearms do I need? Im currently pumping str for a while, figure ill find some decent armor some day (seems like i couldnt get past D2 without finding plate on EVERY run as a kobold. not so lucky this time yet)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 28th May 2013, 13:52

Re: MiFi with scythe of reaping

Forget the scythe. It's useless. It will get you killed. Get anything else, scythes are really terrible.
And yes, Oka would hate your zombies dying.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 28th May 2013, 14:23

That bad huh? Bummer, so far its killing things pretty fast and the zombie army is interesting at least for keeping monsters from only targetting me..

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 28th May 2013, 15:52

At 0 polearms skill, a trident (9 dmg, 13 delay) does almost as much damage per turn as a scythe (14 dmg, 20 delay), and that's ignoring the trident's better accuracy. At 16 polearms skill (min. delay for trident) the trident is doing ~15 dmg/turn (if it hits) while the scythe is doing 10. You'd have to have around 22 polearms skill (0.9 delay on scythe -> ~15.5 dmg/turn) before the scythe passes the trident in dmg/turn (still ignoring the trident's superior accuracy), and surely by then you've found a halberd or some other, better polearm. More importantly, you haven't forced yourself into training polearms straight to 22+ before getting some defences.

By turn I mean 10 aut.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 11:37

Hu? You found that thing early? You use it and enjoy it? You wonder if you should keep using it? My suggestion is: do it until it's no longer fun to use it.

Then you can stand, walk to the mirror, and proudly exclaim to yourself: "Today, I have chosen to enjoy myself!".

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 19:53

I agree with Baldu. If the RNG gives you something neat early just roll with it and consider it an experimental character. Nine times out of ten you'll find something like that when you either can't use it or it's too late in the game to realistically switch to it.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too