CIP - I will win.

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 10:51

CIP - I will win.

HOAK

Tomorrow I will win with 5 runes and no less.
I have the crystal plate armour and a +7 executioner's axe.

This is my story.

I won with three runes before. I used the obsidion executioner's axe fuckin can't run away from any enemy but I did it anyway.
Then my rival won with fucking four runes!

I have to win with five. A couple days ago I had four and died in the goddamn slime pits because I had no idea that acid damage increased with empty equipment slots and I had no idea that the fucking stupid walls in the slime pits do more damage as you go deeper. I killed twelve stupid ass acid blobs, wearing only my breastplate. Then on floor four I think, I saw another acid blob and I figured I would kill this one in an even more pro way by controlled blinking towards it and killing the fuck out of it. After my blinked I was right next to the wall and the acid blob. I think that's what it's called. Whatever is the most dangerous Jello motherfucker in the slime pits, that's what it was. Not the royal jelly though. I killed twelve of these. There's only one of those I think. I've never seen the royal jelly. This was my first time in the slime pits so what the fuck do I know? But anyway it was dominating me. But the walls were too and I had no idea because I tested their damage on floor one and it wasn't too bad. I HAD NO IDEA THE DAMAGE INCREASED BY FLOOR. I'm not blaming anyone. It was my fault. But anyway I thought this acid blob was just never missing any attacks or something or getting lucky against my AC. So I invoke the power of Zin and I hear a choir of angels (first time I've ever used that ability). Then I'm fucking dead. The goddamn walls. Why am I even telling this story? I'm gonna start a new paragraph now so this looks easier to read. I'm a graphic design major. I want people to read this stupid shit.

So. Yeah. I wasn't wearing a fucking cloak. Did I know that I should have been wearing one? I don't fucking know. I don't even post on forums. Ever. But here I am. Telling my stupid ass story that nobody will ever care about. I guess I'm probably doing this for myself. It's not just my rival who won with four runes. There was someone else who I have to beat. I really think that there's very little difficulty increase from three to four runes. Four to five is a lot more difficult and above five is way fucking harder. Tell me if I'm wrong, fucking bash me. I think my obsidion axe victory is worth more than most four rune wins. Is that what the axe is called? It summons demons and only lets you move towards enemies. I believe it's made from volcanic glass.

Tomorrow. Well today actually, but after I sleep, I'm gonna win with five runes. I hope.. My character who died in the slime pits was so fucking promising. I've never felt so bad about dying. After I realized that I couldn't bring him back, I told myself I would start over and win. This weekend. Five runes, minimum. I have found the crystal plate mail and amulets of resist shitty fucking mutations and corrosion. I think i'm set to get five fucking runes. I have a +6 +7 executioner's axe of flamer and a +0 +7 ring of slaying. I'm gonna fucking 5 rune. I hope I can kill those fire ball fucking asshole mutating things in zot. I had an ice axe last time I faced them. Fuck, I hate this bitches. Well I do have an ice axe but it's just a battle axe and like +2. Should I use that instead? Also, fuck ancient liches.

I was in the crypt and on floor two there was fucking two ancient liches and KHUFU! I run into an ancient lich and I have teleport away. I land next to another ancient lich and Khufu. No rN+. Fuck My Life.jpg. I banished myself and lived. Nothing scarier has ever happened to me in my life. I did kill fucking khufu though. And the ancient lich. I really need to end this.

I love dungeon crawl.
I love you all.
If any of you are too stupid to know, I'm drunk.
You're not stupid though.
You're cool.
I'll tell you guys if I win tomorrow!
Good night!

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 11:04

Re: CIP - I will win.

Isaiadrenaline wrote:Fuck, I hate this bitches. Well I do have an ice axe but it's just a battle axe and like +2. Should I use that instead?
Nope. You'd think that Orbs are vulnerable to fire like fire elementals, but that's not the case. They are actually resistant to cold. That's still better than fire (they are completely immune to that), but cold isn't the best way to obliterate them.
A bit heavy and sharp axe is the best way to kill them, your brand doesn't matter. Just take your most badass axe and tear them apart.
Or better yet: avoid fighting them. Which is easier said than done given their speed.

Isaiadrenaline wrote:I'll tell you guys if I win tomorrow!
Good night!
Have a good fucking night too!

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 12:46

As far as I'm concerned, there is no real difference in difficulty between a 3 rune and a 5 rune win. I don't even consider Slime to be 'extended' but everyone else does so I abide by their definition. Slime is like Elf to me: a loot branch.

To get 6+ runes though, you need to step into proper extended territory: tier 1 demons or elite mummies.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 13:39

Psieye wrote:To get 6+ runes though, you need to step into proper extended territory: tier 1 demons or elite mummies.
How do you get 5 runes without fighting either of those?

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 15:23

Actually, your brand *does* matter. I ALWAYS use anti-magic axes on my zot melee characters. Of course, I'm pretty much always a berserker and so I have the luxury of getting an anti-magic executioner's axe gift from trog. But anti-magic actually *does* help a lot against orbs of fire and ancient liches since all it takes is 1-3 hits and suddenly their damage per round goes from "OMG WTF?" to "Hah! You aren't even worth my time"

Of course, it's getting into melee with them and only getting hit 1-3 times that's the real "challenge".

-AHMAD
My Wins (>25):
15-runer: OPWz, DECj, DEWz x2, VpWz
Other: DEWz, DrWz, DjWz, GnIE, KeCj, SpEn, SpWz, SpCj, MuWz, FeWzx2, MiBe x7.

Crawl Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BountyHunterSAx2
or vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/BountyHunterSAx <--

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 15:33

And it will be glorious. Oh yes, it will be glorious.
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 6th April 2013, 15:33

How do you get 5 runes without fighting either of those?

3 Lair runes, Vaults, Abyss. There are basically no tier 1 demons in the Abyss, and executioners aren't really scary for many characters. Liches are more of a problem because they summon actually dangerous ones.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 7th April 2013, 00:10

I got 5 runes. Do I want six?

Edit: Nope.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 7th April 2013, 01:00

There should be a thread for "I'm playing Crawl while drunk"... :mrgreen:
That explains some of my YASDs.
Isaiadrenaline wrote:I got 5 runes. Do I want six?

Edit: Nope.

You know you do. You don't just want to beat your rival, but to set a mark that will leave him feeling crushed. :-)

For this message the author dassem has received thanks:
Isaiadrenaline

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 7th April 2013, 01:20

I'm glad I read your inspiring words too late or I would have gone for six and probably died!
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7536&p=101548#p101548

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 8th April 2013, 12:31

dassem wrote:There should be a thread for "I'm playing Crawl while drunk"...

Isn't Crazy Yiuf's Corner for getting hammered?

For this message the author mattington has received thanks:
dassem

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too