CIP MiBe stuck in the abyss

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 11:00

CIP MiBe stuck in the abyss

Hi.

My MiBe is currently stuck in the abyss in the middle of a pack of golden eyes. I have no more way to teleport, or curing potions, and very low HP.

The eyes don't stop confusing me, and I can't do anything...

Should I better:
-try to use Tog's hand to get some more HP and MR to avoid being more confused?
-try to use brother in arms to get an ally to kill the eyes? Will he be confused too and hit me?
-try to hit them while confused, which will take a long time, and hope that no dangerous monster come here? Should I wield my most Acc weapon?
-wait for death to come

Sorry I can't access my dump right now...

Tha,ks for advice
DCSS wins: MiFi3; GrFi3; GrFi5; MiFi15; DECj3; CeHu15; VSFi15; HOBe15; MiBe15; DgFE3; DsBe; HEMo3; NaMo15; FoFi3; GrWn15; DDFi3; MuGl3; DEFE15

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 11:06

Re: CIP MiBe stuck in the abyss

Extra MR would help against the confuse attempts, yes. You can't invoke while confused though. Allies you summon also have a chance to be confused and yes, hit you.

I don't think Acc is going to help you at this point, the main trouble will be swinging in the right direction at all. Without a dump, that's pretty much the only option you have now - swing and hope you connect.

For this message the author Psieye has received thanks:
gdami1

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 13:58

Do you really have *no* way to teleport? You can put on a ring and wait for it to fire, if you have one. Anything else in your inventory (clarity?) that might help? Maybe a +MR ring or artefact? It looks like confuse isn't a spell for them, so antimagic wouldn't help much.

If you get a non-confused turn, spin up Trog's Hand and 'zerk them down. It looks like they can't attack you themselves.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks:
gdami1

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 15:47

If you're not standing next to deep water and there's nothing terribly dangerous around, you can try to melee the eyes while confused. You've got a one-in-three chance of moving in the direction you choose, and they're pretty weak. If you're almost surrounded, you've got a good chance that you'll hit one even if you move randomly.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
gdami1

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 20:22

So...

An Ice Demon was coming, so I hurried to try to kill the eyes, but doing so I fell into lava. It hurts...

So, Yet Another (not so) Stupid Death
DCSS wins: MiFi3; GrFi3; GrFi5; MiFi15; DECj3; CeHu15; VSFi15; HOBe15; MiBe15; DgFE3; DsBe; HEMo3; NaMo15; FoFi3; GrWn15; DDFi3; MuGl3; DEFE15

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 21:56

What Blacksheep should have said wrote:If you're not standing next to deep water or lava.

Sorry about your loss.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 16th January 2013, 09:15

Hmm, does "Ctrl+Dir" still prevent you from actually stepping into empty spaces while confused?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 16th January 2013, 16:18

Seems to, yeah. That would've been better advice. :)

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too