Well now I know...

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 04:31

Well now I know...

... to have poison resistance in Zot.

This is my second time making it to Zot and my second death there. Also I got beat up pretty badly by an orb of fire... what's the game plan when you run into one? Mine was to click a teleport scroll and begin spamming healing potions but is running a viable option?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 05:22

Re: Well now I know...

I assume you ran into a green draconian? Or a golden dragon. Those breathe poisonous clouds, and you get poisoned worse and worse every tick you stand in the clouds. You'll definitely want to be able to switch to rPois for those, but mercifully you don't need it on constantly like some of the earlier parts of the game.

Orbs of fire are probably the nastiest thing down there, and with their AC you're going to have lots of trouble even scratching them with a short blade. As a spriggan berserker, you can either lead them off to a remote corner and abandon them, or you can spam Brothers in Arms until they die no matter the piety cost.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 05:34

RIP, and welcome to the "I made it all the way to the Realm of Zot, and all I got was poisoned to death" club.

'Tis a solemn, lousy fellowship. There's no t-shirt yet.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks:
szanth

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 15:41

I take it those potions of resistance weren't ided at the time of death?

Maybe it's just my inexperience taking here, as I've not been in that particular situation.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 16:52

Yeah, the poison you get from Draconians and Gold Dragons is usually nothing. I recently did Zot for my first time without realizing there was poison down there and I didn't even bother going back for my ring of poison resistance until after doing three levels. I did have plenty of Potions of Healing, though.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 17:47

Take it from me, it's entirely possible to get to scary red poison just from the cloud breath attacks. And then die. Besides, I don't see any traps in the minimap there.

You know, it occurs to me he should have had Trog's hand on. It wouldn't have stopped the poison, but the regen would slow the hp loss. Granted by 7 it's prolly too late.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th February 2011, 18:59

Haha whenever i've been down to Zot I've been Incinerated!
So HAH... i think?

gb

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 15th February 2011, 09:35

yeah trog's hand can often save you from poison death if used early enough

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too