Post Monday, 24th September 2012, 20:15

YAFVP MiBe 4 Runes!

So finally I managed to actually win this game!

Ive been playing offline for about 6 months never making it much further than getting 2 runes in lair. Then after finding out about webtiles I thought I should give it a shot.

After 2 tries (first death was by Grinder after falling down a shaft, next by some slug or something) I got a good Minotaur going. I reached the temple rather easily finding few uniques on the way. I was also extremely lucky to find +9 unique Plate mail with +rElec on D6 and I think this played a huge part in my early and midgame survival.

Anyway to cut a 1 day 14 hours story short the following is worth mentioning:

1) Got banished to the abyss in the hall of blades by a distortion weapon and VERY nearly died after getting trapped next to a lich and 2 executioners with a 3rd on the way. Only got away due to the dungeon changing and spamming brothers in arms to keep them busy.

2) Got a rod with frost cloud in vault 6 which I spammed to death. Basically I would lure in enemies, then cast the cloud then reach for them with my polearm. This made short work of some very powerful monsters and groups.

3) In crypt I laughed at a skeleton getting caught in a web trap. Its buddy wielding an axe of distortion then immediately came around and hit me with a distortion axe, sending me straight back to the Abyss (first hit!). This time it took much longer to get out, but at least I was able to secure the Abyssal rune in the process.

5) Zot went quite easily to be honest and I only got mutated twice with relatively weak mutations. The worst was in Zot 5 going around a turn then facing 2 orbs of fire at once, but rF+++ combined with resist mutation reduced the danger. Ascending went very well (used haste and wand of digging a lot).

So yeah it seems like webtiles on my slow connection made it easier for me to play a sensible game (thinking before typing) :) Having said that I would like to play a bit faster next time and also explore some of the other branches. I think I'll try with a spellcaster next time!

Full character dump here: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Dangerdog/morgue-Dangerdog-20120924-174117.txt